Pacquiao vs Clottey March 13th

ahhahh discredit the man.... how about what he's done lately? lets compare since 2006

zab judah, baldomir, de la hoya, hatton, marquez........ now lets look at manny

eric morales 2x, larior, solis, barrera, marquez, diaz, de la hoya, hatton, cotto, clottey

pacquiao has done more at ww in the last year than mayweather has done in 4 years.

discredit that now.

the "welterweight king" hasnt fought 1 single top 5 at WELTERWEIGHT..... who the fuck is baldomir?

the only reason why he's fighting sugar shane is because he had too.... he didnt have a choice. please believe if mosley didnt cancel his fight mayweather would be fighting another man coming up in weight and not a top 5 ww.

At the end of the Clottey fight he ( roach ) said that they will "crush that defence" ( floyds ) and that they are ready to and can do it.

Is he serious? I mean with 1000+ punches thrown at Josh Clottey , the mouse was under the eye of Manny and Clottey didnt look that bad.

If they cant crush Clotteys defence...then the obvious question remains:

Just what the hell are they gonna do with Floyd Mayweather jr?

ask clottey how his gut feels. i bet when he took a shit it didnt feel too good.

Anyone hear Kellerman during Manny's walk to the ring?

"It's like watching Chapelle's show. Pacquiao is like political commentator Rachel Maddow, how she comes in prepared and destroys the opposition."

Seriously? Casamayor was number 1 and Campbell was higher ranked. He fought the weakest titleholder.

kind of like how mayweather fought baldomir instead of margarito huh? who the fuck is baldomir.

anyways. since then pacquiao's fought 2 common opponents. crushed them while mayweather took one to a split decision and took 9 rounds to finish off..... pacquiaos fought 2 top ww's that mayweather FUCKING RETIRED to avoid.

what now? discredit the man some how..... first he's beating washed up fighters... next he has the benefit of good match making, then he's on steroids, no wait.... lets change that up... he's on fucking meth.

whats next? he's a alien from another planet? he's a secret filipino experiment whos had his genes altered into a super human?

CBS14303140523.jpg

Best punch ever. :p

Anyone hear Kellerman during Manny's walk to the ring?

"It's like watching Chapelle's show. Pacquiao is like political commentator Rachel Maddow, how she comes in prepared and destroys the opposition."
Rachel Maddow is a handsome fella, eh?

custom_1236805090146_rachel_maddow_031009.jpg

i can already see the headlines after the mayweather pacman fight..

"he's not from the planet" says mayweather sr.... "only human beings should be allowed to box, he's a fucking cheater, fucking aliens"

I watched the fight last night and I must say Manny just dominated this. That said, I thought he would have been able to bring Clottey to his knees. I think he would have had Clottey actually thrown punches. On the other hand, Clottey landed some really brutal jabs and uppercuts when he actually took his hands off his face. This put some doubt in my mind if he faces Mayweather. But I think Clottey felt Manny's power. That's why when his coach was telling him to throw he flat out said he wouldn't even though he needed to and the fight was so out of reach.

I don't discredit Pac in what he has done, but there were fights I would have like too have seen. The same as fights I would have like to have Floyd fight. I do think it's wrong about Floyd having to fight Mosely,I think he wanted too. Since he came back he fought the Number 2 P4P figther in the world, tried to fight the Number 1 but the fight didn't happen, cause of BS on both sides and after Mosely who know who he will fight next. Maybe Pac but if it doesn't happen and I don't think it will. Then maybe Cotto/Foreman winner or Berto or Bradley. We don't know yet and til then I take him his word cause to me he shown that he is willing to fight the best since he came back.

Boxing the ears is illegal. Intentional foul. Should have been 2 points as the ref said in instructions.

Whoa the punch was more of a comic relief for the fight. Dont tell me you are holding Pac down just for that? I've seen hooks landing on ears more vicious than that.

In that case, Clottey should be deducted points for stalling the fight and not engaging.

Whoa the punch was more of a comic relief for the fight. Dont tell me you are holding Pac down just for that? I've seen hooks landing on ears more vicious than that.

In that case, Clottey should be deducted points for stalling the fight and not engaging.

That part of the fight was hilarious. He didn't use force it was totally just Manny fucking around with Clottey. I thought it was even funnier when Manny hit Clottey on the top of the head and Clottey tried to wobble around as if to make fun of Manny. That confidence lasted for the first few rounds. Then Clottey crawled behind his hands and stayed there for the remainder of the fight. I think Manny hurt him more than he let on.

Who did he avoid at 135 or 140? Hatton was the top guy at 140.. Pac aced him. Diaz was the champ at 135... Pac aced him.. who should he have fought in either division, and don't say Devon Alexander or Bradley because neither were developed yet.

At the time Manny fought Diaz he was in no way the Champ at 135lbs. That honour either went to Casamayor (lineal champ) or Nate Campbell (who had derailed Juan Diaz). David Diaz was a title holder true... a title he won by beating Santa Cruz. And let's be fair, if we're criticising Casamayor for a lackluster performance against Santa Cruz (which is true) we also have to say Diaz struggled to beat the ghost of Eric Morales and, by all accounts although I haven't seen the bout, the 15-4-2 Ramon Montano.

Hatton of course was the man at 140lbs, but just beating the man at a weight class doesn't mean you've cleared it out. You say Bradley wasn't established... but at the point Pac faced Hatton Bradley has already unified with Holt (even if he was later stripped), so he certainly was a factor in the division. To say Pac cleared out 135lbs and 140lbs by having a single fight in each division simply isn't true.

Pac has consistently faced the most dangerous competition in his division.. even when it was not advisable.. such as his rematch with JMM and even the Clottey fight last night.. Shane was going to fight Clottey, but Naz talked him out of it because "nobody looks good against Clottey, and even if you do look good, that would mean that you looked good against the two most avoided fighters, and everyone would avoid you even more than they are now"

Outside of 135lbs where I think any reasonable person would say Pac took on the easiest title holder I don't disagree. Pac has regularly taken on dangerous fights over the last few years and while we'd have loved him to face JMM a third time you can't criticise his choice in opponents post David Diaz (even if he was the favourite in most of them). But that doesn't mean you can claim he cleared out divisions he clearly didn't.

At the time Manny fought Diaz he was in no way the Champ at 135lbs. That honour either went to Casamayor (lineal champ) or Nate Campbell (who had derailed Juan Diaz). David Diaz was a title holder true... a title he won by beating Santa Cruz. And let's be fair, if we're criticising Casamayor for a lackluster performance against Santa Cruz (which is true) we also have to say Diaz struggled to beat the ghost of Eric Morales and, by all accounts although I haven't seen the bout, the 15-4-2 Ramon Montano.

Hatton of course was the man at 140lbs, but just beating the man at a weight class doesn't mean you've cleared it out. You say Bradley wasn't established... but at the point Pac faced Hatton Bradley has already unified with Holt (even if he was later stripped), so he certainly was a factor in the division. To say Pac cleared out 135lbs and 140lbs by having a single fight in each division simply isn't true.

Outside of 135lbs where I think any reasonable person would say Pac took on the easiest title holder I don't disagree. Pac has regularly taken on dangerous fights over the last few years and while we'd have loved him to face JMM a third time you can't criticise his choice in opponents post David Diaz (even if he was the favourite in most of them). But that doesn't mean you can claim he cleared out divisions he clearly didn't.

hmmmm..... fight a unknown fighter in bradley for a couple of million tops..... or fight a welterweight super star in cotto for 10x's as much money.

nah neither.... lets wait for 130 champ to move up, come in overweight and out point them to a decision :)

ahahh so now pacquiao avoided the best at 135 and 140 to fight these WW monsters...... SURE!!! AHAHAHAHAH

hmmmm..... fight a unknown fighter in bradley for a couple of million tops..... or fight a welterweight super star in cotto for 10x's as much money.

nah neither.... lets wait for 130 champ to move up, come in overweight and out point them to a decision :)

ahahh so now pacquiao avoided the best at 135 and 140 to fight these WW monsters...... SURE!!! AHAHAHAHAH

Yes, because that is exactly what I said...

I'm not criticising Pac's choices in who he fought (outside of perhaps Diaz but at that point no-one knew how he'd fair at a higher weight...). I'm criticising people who claim he "cleared" out divisions.

Yes, because that is exactly what I said...

I'm not criticising Pac's choices in who he fought (outside of perhaps Diaz but at that point no-one knew how he'd fair at a higher weight...). I'm criticising people who claim he "cleared" out divisions.

fair enough :) i agree

fair enough :) i agree

That's pretty gentlemanly of you as it was your post I was originally replying to :redface:

Of the high profile fighters in the world I don't think you'll find one who has a better resume that Pac. Since 2008 the only "weak" opponent on his list has been Diaz even if Oscar was clearly both weight drained and past his best. JMM, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey... that's one hell of a list and while I think people are perhaps slightly unfair in their criticism of PBF's more recent opponents, as I say, no-one I can think of stacks up to Pac. Mosley is trying but outside of that I still can't think of one. The winner of the Super 6 maybe (especially if they face Bute), but even then Pac stacks up well.

kind of like how mayweather fought baldomir instead of margarito huh? who the fuck is baldomir.

?

I'm tired of explaining Baldo was actually amore accomplished WW when Floyd fought him than Margrito was at the time. Higher ranked, undisputed ww champ.

Back