Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought that always amuses me about ow is what if the teams had a coach.

How would it play with a coach if one of his players said "I don't heal, tank, peel, block damage, push the payload, group up, capture the point, jam the choke, ....etc... I only play the one way that I enjoy even if it hurts the team and everyone else should adapt around me and my refusal to be a team player"

The coach would be like you're off the team until you start acting like a team player.

Got the Ana skin in the 1st box.
Bought Immortal Soldier at last.
Now all i need is Cthulhu.

I think those playlists are part of the problem. You're not going into Deathmatch to practice your support or tank characters, you're going in there to frag out on dps. So now some people get it in their head that 'shit, I play a lot of Mcree or Tracer(or insert any other dps character) in deathmatch and team deathmatch, why should I have to play tank or support?' Then you get more people instalocking dps then before and the quality of matches goes to shit and people that are willing to flex and fill the role(s) that the team needs get tilted at the four instalock dps, that can't kill a fucking thing because they're not used to having to deal with tanks peeling for their supports or supports healing up the person they're targeting, so now they're not playing at their best. It's even worse if you play supports now because people automatically want you to play the most boring hero in the game in Mercy and there are people, usually instalock Genjis or Hanzos, that lose their fucking minds at the thought of not having a Mercy to revive them after they play like idiots.

I hope they never make a competitive Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch ladder, it would hurt the main competitive immensely, but it would fit the 'Western' style of gaming if they did. None of that pesky team work required.

By no means am I saying you're wrong, but the toxicity and overall shittiness of the playerbase was already spiraling downward prior to the launch of the deathmatch modes. Also, team deathmatch and team elimination more often than not at least have a healer.

People have been instalocking Genji and Hanzo and trying to dictate who's heals since the game started. Other than all of that, I really don't know how Blizzard can try to "fix" the toxicity and whatnot, people will play what they want to play, and people will troll when they want to troll. I'm sure the report feature is already abused as it is, I don't know that they could enforce anything more to get people to play the game as it's designed to be played. Bronze/Silver/Gold competitive is just not worth the frustration.

You guys act like you can't play comp without getting frustrated.
I only play comp, and if i lose a lot of points still won't get mad.
It's only a game.

By no means am I saying you're wrong, but the toxicity and overall shittiness of the playerbase was already spiraling downward prior to the launch of the deathmatch modes. Also, team deathmatch and team elimination more often than not at least have a healer.

People have been instalocking Genji and Hanzo and trying to dictate who's heals since the game started. Other than all of that, I really don't know how Blizzard can try to "fix" the toxicity and whatnot, people will play what they want to play, and people will troll when they want to troll. I'm sure the report feature is already abused as it is, I don't know that they could enforce anything more to get people to play the game as it's designed to be played. Bronze/Silver/Gold competitive is just not worth the frustration.
They don't do themselves any favors with some, or most, of the balance changes they've been making lately. They've created an absolutely atrocious meta with the Junkrat and Mercy changes.

They don't do themselves any favors with some, or most, of the balance changes they've been making lately. They've created an absolutely atrocious meta with the Junkrat and Mercy changes.

Haha, weeeeeeeell if I have a main it's Junkrat. ..however I liked him alot more before the changes and maybe that's another reason I don't play as much. He feels weaker with two mines and the Riptire has too much jump to it, but I do like that he doesn't damage himself anymore. Suppose he feels watered down or maybe I just don't know how to use him now.

Don't mind playing Rein, Zen, Orisa, or 76 either.

Haha, weeeeeeeell if I have a main it's Junkrat. ..however I liked him alot more before the changes and maybe that's another reason I don't play as much. He feels weaker with two mines and the Riptire has too much jump to it, but I do like that he doesn't damage himself anymore. Suppose he feels watered down or maybe I just don't know how to use him now.

Don't mind playing Rein, Zen, Orisa, or 76 either.
I had no problem with Junk until they buffed him this latest time, well unless someone would choose him and then refuse to play anything else even when they're being hard countered. There's nothing more frustrating when you're playing support and you're in the position you should be but you're killed by a Junkrat mine that he spammed and it's bounced 72 times and still does full damage or to be killed because the tire that is flying through the sky like Pharah on 4 day binge of crystal meth, adderall, and energy drinks(they've toned this down some). I hate the new Junkrat less than I did when he first came out, but it's still an annoyance.

Current Mercy is terrible for the game.

I had no problem with Junk until they buffed him this latest time, well unless someone would choose him and then refuse to play anything else even when they're being hard countered. There's nothing more frustrating when you're playing support and you're in the position you should be but you're killed by a Junkrat mine that he spammed and it's bounced 72 times and still does full damage or to be killed because the tire that is flying through the sky like Pharah on 4 day binge of crystal meth, adderall, and energy drinks(they've toned this down some). I hate the new Junkrat less than I did when he first came out, but it's still an annoyance.

Current Mercy is terrible for the game.

I have 101 hours as Junkrat :confused:

Dunno if that's a lot, but Rein's #2 at 25.

Dva's new missles are sweet!

MRW 10 lootboxes in and only 1 epic (rest rare and commons) and no skins
mrw-the-guy-behind-me-at-the-fireworks-is-questioning-why-they-cant-just-sync-up-the-sound--firework-121885.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Haven't visited this thread in awhile. Actually haven't been playing Overwatch at all either. All PUBG and Destiny II. I played a few hours last night because halloween skins have always been my favorite. Got maybe 7-8 boxes and only got the Mei skin so far but I really, really want the Symm and Zen skins.

So far i bought like 17 boxes, got Ana, Sym, Mercy.

Haven't visited this thread in awhile. Actually haven't been playing Overwatch at all either. All PUBG and Destiny II. I played a few hours last night because halloween skins have always been my favorite. Got maybe 7-8 boxes and only got the Mei skin so far but I really, really want the Symm and Zen skins.
12 boxes in and got the Symmetra skin. Worth it.

She really gets hooked up with great skins.
Yeah, Her Oasis skin is really good too. Man, I remember playing Sym when she wasn't a popular pick. Before she was reworked completely. Now you see her in most games.

Yeah, Her Oasis skin is really good too. Man, I remember playing Sym when she wasn't a popular pick. Before she was reworked completely. Now you see her in most games.
I used her Vampire skin for a long time. It's simple but still looks great. They need to add the random option for skins so I don't have to keep swapping around with hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back