Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. I like that you didn't panic-ult when their Zarya gravved you guys and that you also applied a barrier to a teammate as soon as you could during your ult.
Thanks, dude. Though I think my holding on to the ult was really a result of being completely tunnel-visioned on that Hog haha. Also, no idea why the enemy team felt the need to run at us and get within melee range when we got Grav'd. Whatever though; I've made plenty of stupid moves myself before, so it's nice to not be on the receiving end.

fun D.va mech drop.

classic walkaway explosion

YbFFNFb.gif

... for fuck sake, no Junkrat changes on PTR. I guess Blizzard thinks he's balanced. Good sign for the game.

A bun bogotovnosky!

That's what Zarya says during her ult,

Not really, but it's what i hear -. -

I just had the lulz'est game ever on competive.
Our entire team was throwing.....and we won.

the other team must have been having a stroke.

We started off defending on Einchienwald, we had 5 dps and i decided to play mercy for some reason. We get rolled the whole first round all the up way to the end and then we put on a solid stall effort but they still push the cart all the way to the end.

So 5 dps again on offense, and I'm like fuck that, i am going sym since the rest of the team is throwing. Now bear in mind that they have a legit comp, 2 tanks and a mercy.

so we are getting destroyed until i finally charge my ult and sneak in the enemy back line and set up a TP under the bridge. 5dps comes pouring out on the point and we team kill. We push the pay load no problem to the second point, get it indoors and we get stuck again. I set up another tp in the back upstairs..5 dps comes pouring out on point and we destroy them.

we ended up having a lot more time than the other team and thus won overtime by capturing 1/3 of it.

I know the other team fully tried, had a legit comp, no throwers and lost to a team of throwers. Fuck that must be frustrating.

Back capping has got to be my greatest joy in all of OW, i just never try it in competitive because people tilt to easy,

i'll do whatever i have to do to get the upcoming halloween zenyatta skin.

DLgQI_yXUAErpz3.jpg

I just had the lulz'est game ever on competive.
Our entire team was throwing.....and we won.

the other team must have been having a stroke.

We started off defending on Einchienwald, we had 5 dps and i decided to play mercy for some reason. We get rolled the whole first round all the up way to the end and then we put on a solid stall effort but they still push the cart all the way to the end.

So 5 dps again on offense, and I'm like fuck that, i am going sym since the rest of the team is throwing. Now bear in mind that they have a legit comp, 2 tanks and a mercy.

so we are getting destroyed until i finally charge my ult and sneak in the enemy back line and set up a TP under the bridge. 5dps comes pouring out on the point and we team kill. We push the pay load no problem to the second point, get it indoors and we get stuck again. I set up another tp in the back upstairs..5 dps comes pouring out on point and we destroy them.

we ended up having a lot more time than the other team and thus won overtime by capturing 1/3 of it.

I know the other team fully tried, had a legit comp, no throwers and lost to a team of throwers. Fuck that must be frustrating.

Back capping has got to be my greatest joy in all of OW, i just never try it in competitive because people tilt to easy,
The sad thing is that shit like that is going to become more common as the people that play this game become worse(worse people,not worse at the game), which somehow happens every season. I think I started to play comp in season 2 and in most games people would choose a 'normal' team comp. Season 3 was pretty good in that regard too, but something happened in season 4 and 5 that made people just stop giving a fuck about making a working team comp. I'm sure the balances that Blizzard has been doing recently have something to do with it, but it's a sad state. We're now at the point where you may as well just pick the hero you want to play and not care what the team needs.

I think I started to play comp in season 2 and in most games people would choose a 'normal' team comp. Season 3 was pretty good in that regard too, but something happened in season 4 and 5 that made people just stop giving a fuck about making a working team comp.

Dive comp happened, and it turned Overwatch into a free-for-all FPSer. Most the people I play with these days don't even use Tank shields. The DPS just tries to flank over and over again because that's how the game was played in the dive meta when Winston/Dva would "tank" by attacking the backline.

Also, I think a lot of people are just addicted to the game, and don't really enjoy it anymore. These are the people who tilt instantly because they're in a negative mood before the match even starts.

The sad thing is that shit like that is going to become more common as the people that play this game become worse(worse people,not worse at the game), which somehow happens every season. I think I started to play comp in season 2 and in most games people would choose a 'normal' team comp. Season 3 was pretty good in that regard too, but something happened in season 4 and 5 that made people just stop giving a fuck about making a working team comp. I'm sure the balances that Blizzard has been doing recently have something to do with it, but it's a sad state. We're now at the point where you may as well just pick the hero you want to play and not care what the team needs.
I have been calling it The rambo-rez meta for a long time. Have 3+ dps that charge in face first as hard as they can with now regards to coordination or game sense and hope for more rezes than the other mercy can get. Basically win by attrition of lives via rezes.

Now , the only title I see fitting for this meta..... Is the selfish meta or maybe the QuickPay meta.
Half the team does not even care about it being a team game and just instalocks whatever they want and expects the 1-2 flex players to sacrifice every game and support the rest of the selfish team. And this happens every game. Every single fucking game this season I am being told to play mercy, unless we have an instalock mercy, in that case I am being told to play rein. It sucks to be a flex player.

And the Problem is, we're running out of flex players. They're either leaving the game or becoming instalocks themselves, turning to the dark side.

Bdreason nails it, people are probably more addicted to the game than they are actually enjoying it. Which will drag down the rest of the community.

Mercy is so bad for the game and always has been. Her healing is so far superior to the other characters, that people instantly tilt if they don't have one on their team.

How is that balanced? That people are so dependent on this one character that the thought of playing without her will make entire teams tilt in seconds. Talk about broken.

people are probably more addicted to the game than they are actually enjoying it

I'm about to get my first silver star, which makes me what level 600 or 700? Still I'm in no way bored of the game,

Just started with Genji now so long after starting the game, so rewarding,

Mercy is so bad for the game and always has been. Her healing is so far superior to the other characters, that people instantly tilt if they don't have one on their team.

How is that balanced? That people are so dependent on this one character that the thought of playing without her will make entire teams tilt in seconds. Talk about broken.

They need to buff ana, she's in garbage tier now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back