Overeem made $850,000 against Ngannou?

And then he just he cried on JRE that he doesn't want to promote.

Can't have it both ways.

Exactly. If you want to be paid like Conor McGregor you have to go out there and sell tickets like Conor McGregor.

Makes sense. Nobody on a shitty 40k / 40k would risk the brain damage against Ngannou.
It could go other way as well..............

Don't you guys ever thought that all fighters behaved the same as Conor who only take fights because of big amount of money.

Are you trying to prove that everyone is as ugly as Conor??!!

Definitely not worth getting blasted by N'Gannou, or it wouldn't be for me. Though I would probably die instead of getting KO'd, so there's that...

Last edited:
My understanding is the WW PPV (like SKY) are never released. However Reem does very good numbers. So he is worth it.

Makes sense. Overeem has always been highly paid in the UFC. You even hear other fighters talk about how good his contract is occasionally.

I guess, last I checked Arlovski, JDS and Werdum aren't making CRAZY money. They're paid well. I guess for Reem and Hunt though they can base cards around them in Asutralia/New Zealand/Netherlands. I definitely think Hunt's overpaid relative to his skill level, even though he has a fan friendly style.
Hunt and Overeem bring in big international audiences from their Pride and K1 days. That's Asia and Europe, whereas JDS and Werdum are only relatively modern big names with only Brazilian markets behind them.

Hunt sells out arenas in Australia and NZ. That's why they keep coming back to Oz, because our gates get ridiculous sales even if cards are mediocre.

For UFC 110 in Sydney, which was the debut Aussie PPV, we had to buy good tickets within 4 days as they were selling out by the hour. The event was basically a complete sell out, which has never, ever happened for a UFC event.

Even at the Brisbane card with Hunt/Big Foot headlining, it was a near sell out. And that was for a shitty FN card.

Australia has a huuuuuge MMA market for our population size. There's nearly half as many people in New York city as our entire country, and we regularly sell out 80% capacity for arenas in major cities with populations under 2 million, and that's for shit cards. They can barely do that in Vegas for PPVs with stacked cards.

I'd take that KO for around 50gs
I got KO'd for free in a gym.

This is the fight game. Guys get waaaaay worse concussions and CTE from taking one-sided beatings for 3 rounds at 10k.

I'd happily take a lights-out, brutal KO for $850k. KO = KO. It was a bad one, but it's not like people don't get stiffened up by less intimidating fighters for next to nothing on the reg.

Makes sense. Overeem has always been highly paid in the UFC. You even hear other fighters talk about how good his contract is occasionally.

He had the advantage as well of negotiating his contracts from a position of strength, he was mega hyped before debut then the UFC let his contract lapse thinking JDS would beat him and had to keep his pay high to hang onto him.

It's nothing new, Overeem was paid the same amount against Stipe and Stipe got no where near as much.

It’s overeem and it’s one of the big reasons stipe has been awol. He’s the champ and getting nowhere near that . Mark hunt gets a huge slice as well

Who here would fight ngannou for $850k?

I would, and I know the exact gameplan for him:

1. The day before the fight, I'd go up to him, tell him I'm the boogieman and I'm coming.
2. On fight night, as soon as the bell rings, I'd drop down on the floor and tap the mat.
3. After the fight, I'd tell everyone I never tapped and ask for a rematch.

Easy money!

Back