Overeem is a draw, CM Punk isn't.

Reem was put on the prelims to convince people to buy the PPV. How do you guys not understand that?

If anything it seems like the reverse effect, it mean the prelims were a pretty decent card by themselves and without a massive fight on the PPV nore indeed top to bottom big ones a lot probably thought the TV card was enough for a weekends MMA viewing.

Reem PPV points might be one issue but I suspect also potential wanting a good match to keep the ratings decent when a new deal is being worked out plus perhaps wanting Blaydes to potentially get more exposure ahead of a title fight.

I do wonder whether they might actually give Romero another shot now, I mean this card didn't draw massively but that was on the back of the first fight being ok but not great.

That 450k for Overeem vs Stipe was because of Overeem not CM Punk. CM Punk was on the Main Card of 225 and it did less than 150k buys. If CM Punk was really that big of a star people would have wanted to see him give it a second try, people don't just completely lose interest after somebody loses. There was no proof of how much of a draw Overeem was because his only other ppv fight was against Lesnar but I think it's pretty obvious he's a draw. Type his name in on youtube and there's several videos with millions of views.
Lol... Nice try.

03/04/17 UFC 209 Woodley vs. Thompson II - 250,000
07/08/17 UFC 213 Romero vs. Whitaker - 150,000
12/02/17 UFC 218 Halloway vs Aldo - 230,000

& nobody knows the numbers for 225 yet. You've bought into the BS 150 number. What about the 450 number that came out that is also BS... lol. We should know something this week or next... as an "early estimate," but we won't know the most accurate & most likely number for a month or 2.

That 450k for Overeem vs Stipe was because of Overeem not CM Punk. CM Punk was on the Main Card of 225 and it did less than 150k buys. If CM Punk was really that big of a star people would have wanted to see him give it a second try, people don't just completely lose interest after somebody loses. There was no proof of how much of a draw Overeem was because his only other ppv fight was against Lesnar but I think it's pretty obvious he's a draw. Type his name in on youtube and there's several videos with millions of views.

Phil was a draw the first time because of curiosity, that drawing power ended with Gall's mauling of him. YouTube views don't equal PPV buys. However, if Reem keeps finding ways to get brutally finished, he could draw a few 1,000 more buys.

My brothers, Dana White and WME are what will doom UFC. Lets pray some other MMA will rise to give us entertainment when UFC goes under.

Lol lets hope the japanese get the rights to pride again if that happens.

Overeem's fans watch those videos more than once. Punk is a bigger draw. There's 1 Fedor video Ive watched 30 or 40 times.

450,000 over that sequence of PPVs was better than average.

Reem got money for being one of the few to face Lesnar.

Pride and UFC have been based on technical Cruiserweight military guys like Cro Cop or hockey dads like Fedor 1 punch KOing bodybuilders, football players and giants.

Overeem / Ngannou / Yoel are some sort of great hope for the hipster crowd that thought they would take over UFC with Joe Rogan's "I take no position" gimmick" on his regular podcast. Yoel does 99,000 PPVs.

no one here mentions these 2 fights that ppl paid for and, ok they were good fights, they arnt bigger draw power then The Reem

Women’s Featherweight Holly Holm def. Megan Anderson Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-26, 30-26) 3 5:00
Heavyweight Tai Tuivasa def. Andrei Arlovski Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00

Just because Dana said The reem aint on the main card cause CM Punk has more draw?? Use your brains sheeple
upload_2018-6-18_21-18-17.jpeg

I think the problem is the notion that the casual fan is some plant who'd buy anything that glitters. WWE fans knew Brock was a beast of a wrestler, MMA fans knew this too, while Punk was a talker.

Reem has 20 years of pro experience all over the world, and has a big docu going on. It's a given people know who he is and what he can do.

Gay Jesus, Whittaker, Cringey Colby, and RDA are to blame. They're the ones expected to bring in the rating, they were the main events.

I think the problem is the notion that the casual fan is some plant who'd buy anything that glitters. WWE fans knew Brock was a beast of a wrestler, MMA fans knew this too, while Punk was a talker.

Reem has 20 years of pro experience all over the world, and has a big docu going on. It's a given people know who he is and what he can do.

Reem also popped dirty a few times (especially after Brock fight), and he dropped the ball big time on Travis Browne and Antonio Silva. I think that's why he's not a draw. At this point, he's got a big reputation, and we've heard about him.

Back