Overeem is a draw, CM Punk isn't.

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
That 450k for Overeem vs Stipe was because of Overeem not CM Punk. CM Punk was on the Main Card of 225 and it did less than 150k buys. If CM Punk was really that big of a star people would have wanted to see him give it a second try, people don't just completely lose interest after somebody loses. There was no proof of how much of a draw Overeem was because his only other ppv fight was against Lesnar but I think it's pretty obvious he's a draw. Type his name in on youtube and there's several videos with millions of views.

The thought was he would bring WWE fans over to buy the PPV who would never buy a PPV.

nobody will deny that, Overeem gets KOed every fight and thats entertaining.

If CM Punk fought similarly skilled guy on fight pass in his debut, his next ppv bout would actually sell better. Take notes, WME.

That Punk was on the main card and Reem was on the prelims is one of the most embarrassing things WME has done, on a long list of face palm-worthy things.

The CM Punk move was one of the biggest failures I've seen from UFC. They definitely overestimated his drawing power, and they ended up looking like idiots for it.

Its been over a week buddy. Time to move on.

If it makes any better, Dana regrets it

<31>

Reem was put on the prelims to convince people to buy the PPV. How do you guys not understand that?

If Reem vs Blaydes was on the main card, i might have bought the 225 PPV and stayed home. Instead i watched Reem on the prelims at home and went to the bar to watch the rest of the PPV. I was late to get there for the CM Punk fight. It was already 2nd or 3rd round but i didn't care. I went up there to watch Arlovski and Romero/Bobby.

CM Punk didn't draw all 450,000 PPV buys for UFC 203, but he certainly drew more of them than Alistair did.

Dana did.
ggoy3vH.png

Reem was put on the prelims to convince people to buy the PPV. How do you guys not understand that?

Worked wonders with @Typrune Goatley

If Reem vs Blaydes was on the main card, i might have bought the 225 PPV and stayed home. Instead i watched Reem on the prelims at home and went to the bar to watch the rest of the PPV. I was late to get there for the CM Punk fight. It was already 2nd or 3rd round but i didn't care. I went up there to watch Arlovski and Romero/Bobby.

My brothers, Dana White and WME are what will doom UFC. Lets pray some other MMA will rise to give us entertainment when UFC goes under.

It has to be noted that CM Punk barely did any promo work this time around opposed to his first fight when he was doing a lot of promo work.

That 450k for Overeem vs Stipe was because of Overeem not CM Punk. CM Punk was on the Main Card of 225 and it did less than 150k buys. If CM Punk was really that big of a star people would have wanted to see him give it a second try, people don't just completely lose interest after somebody loses. There was no proof of how much of a draw Overeem was because his only other ppv fight was against Lesnar but I think it's pretty obvious he's a draw. Type his name in on youtube and there's several videos with millions of views.
The 150k is a fake number. The real numbers (Meltzer) are not out yet.

Back