Out of Ortega, Elkins & Emmett who is the toughest match-up for the champ Max Holloway?

Josh Emmett i cant even pretend to know anything about. I know he KO'd Lamas stiff but Sokoudjou KO'd Arona and Lil Nog so that doesnt tell me that much

I think Max would have very little trouble with Elkins, same with T-City

Anyone fancy educating a humble sherbro on why Josh Emmett can get it done

Josh Emmett i cant even pretend to know anything about. I know he KO'd Lamas stiff but Sokoudjou KO'd Arona and Lil Nog so that doesnt tell me that much

I think Max would have very little trouble with Elkins, same with T-City

Anyone fancy educating a humble sherbro on why Josh Emmett can get it done
From what I see, he's able to strike and wrestle and mixes it to keep them guessing. He hits hard and always pressuring. He seems to have a chin if I recall. Has a great gas tank. I maybe wrong but I think there were some circumstances around the one loss he has.

I cant get onboard with Ortega. I think he's one dimensional, although he does have some power but his striking isnt elite. He was getting beat up by Guida and Miocano.

Elkins, while being tough and gritty as hell would probably have his luck run out against Max. Thats how I see it at any rate.

It's one thing to have a chin it's another thing to be good at getting punched in the face.

Elkins needs work.

The Bektic upset is probably his best win in his current streak and he lost 90% of that fight. He doesn't have the skills to hang with the top 5.

You didn't hear Neil Magny asking for a title shot or #1 contender fight after 6 wins and for good reason.

Quality over quantity.

Elkins - Wish he would retire from all the head damage he has taken DURING the win streak.

Emmet - Needs a win or 2 on weight imo.

Ortega - 5-0 with a nc in UFC. FOTN with Tavares. Was down 2 rounds to Brandao. Was down 2 rounds to Guida. Was even after 2 with Carneiro. Lost the first to Cub. While I do credit him with being very proactive in pulling a couple wins from that fire. I also think the hype is unrealistic in regards to what his actual talent level is.

For me; If Yair Rodriguez notches a top 10 win........I'd like his resume and chances better than the rest of the list.

Ortega is amazing, but he seems to always be losing before coming back and finishes his opponents. It is going to catch up with him eventually. Elkins might be one of toughest guys ever, but all chins will eventually get cracked. Despite winning, he always takes more damage then his opponent that he beats lol

Ortega is the most unorthodox and toughest to gameplan for by a mile. I'm going with Ortega being the toughest match up but still think Max beats all of them.

Emmett.. trains with Elkins and is the "man" in the gym at 145 and 155. Elkins won't be able to come back against Max, he's a tough mf'er but not Champ material in skill set.
Emmett.. has a better overall mma ground game then Ortega. Ortega doesn't have the stand up or wrestling needed to beat Max, he's a one trick pony thus far.
Emmett.. is very athletic, has ko power, has very good cardio, been around the game for a long time, and has better boxing then Max.

Elkins - Wish he would retire from all the head damage he has taken DURING the win streak.

Emmet - Needs a win or 2 on weight imo.

Ortega - 5-0 with a nc in UFC. FOTN with Tavares. Was down 2 rounds to Brandao. Was down 2 rounds to Guida. Was even after 2 with Carneiro. Lost the first to Cub. While I do credit him with being very proactive in pulling a couple wins from that fire. I also think the hype is unrealistic in regards to what his actual talent level is.

For me; If Yair Rodriguez notches a top 10 win........I'd like his resume and chances better than the rest of the list.
His first fight at 145 in the UFC.. he made FW weight.

He beats them all.

Ortega is being insanely overrated for 1 top ten win. That was a nasty sub but people are getting carried away. 1 top ten win. One.

Emmit's punchers chance would be worth more then Elkins zombie BJJ or Ortega's strangler's chance, Max is very good at dictating where the fight goes.

I think that lanky Russian (Zabit) would be the toughest fight for Max at 145

Probably Ortega

But max would beat him imo

Ortega and Emmett I think are both good fights for Max. Elkins not so much. He’s a good fighter, but, I don’t think so just yet.

Either way, Zabit will be champ by end of 2019.

Anyone that can get him to the ground. Ortega is probably the best chance out of those guys but i think frankie gives him big trouble as would mendes when he gets back

Ortega, based on his size, durability, and sneaky come from behind subs.

ortega looks the easiest for him. holloway shouldn't be concerned standing and I think he just wouldn't give a chance to grapple with ortega

Ortega.

Ortega is coming for Holloway, and is taking that neck in the 3rd.

Back