Out of Ortega, Elkins & Emmett who is the toughest match-up for the champ Max Holloway?

Ortega is the #1 contender. Stephens vs Emmett is the match to make

I think the Edgar fight will tell us how Elkins might do. But Edgar is probably better than Elkins everywhere.

So other than Edgar, have to go with Ortega. Possibly Mendes if he comes back looking good.

Elkins is awesome, but Max would light him up all day and all night. Elkins has no advantage over someone with a half decent ground game. He has the heart of 1000 men, which helps a lot. His stand up is very bad. Ortega is way more of a threat than Elkins will ever be. Love em tho.
Elkins has looked like trash in his past two fights but somehow found the L against opponents who broke. There is no way that Max will break. He took one of the most hellacious beatings in FW history, at the hands of Conor, and was still ready to go after the fight. Max has the heart of Elkins but way more skill. Elkins has found a few good wins but will not fair well against perennial top 5 opponents that don't have a penchant for breaking or blowing their wad.

Ortega is the #1 contender. Stephens vs Emmett is the match to make
Emmett is still a major wild card for me and unproven at 45. His win over Lamas was great, but one lucky punch against an aging Lamas tells us nothing how he will stack up against the top guys. Im thinking, judging by the gym he comes from and his attitude, that he will do well but IU would like to see him against a few more guys.

A guy not mentioned in this that I think is better than all these mentioned guys is Zabit. Zabit has the striking of Yair but with the grappling Khabib: the guy is the future of the division and he and Holloway will be fun AF. Dagestan is going to rule the UFC in the near future, as the generation of Chechen War children are growing up, and they grew up having to fight or die - it's a whole different level

Emmett is still a major wild card for me and unproven at 45. His win over Lamas was great, but one lucky punch against an aging Lamas tells us nothing how he will stack up against the top guys. Im thinking, judging by the gym he comes from and his attitude, that he will do well but IU would like to see him against a few more guys.

A guy not mentioned in this that I think is better than all these mentioned guys is Zabit. Zabit has the striking of Yair but with the grappling Khabib: the guy is the future of the division and he and Holloway will be fun AF. Dagestan is going to rule the UFC in the near future, as the generation of Chechen War children are growing up, and they grew up having to fight or die - it's a whole different level
Zabit is a future champ and I'd love to see him against Yair

Back