Out of 500M $ fight, what is enough?

That's only 35M after taxes.... he makes 6.5 to 7M after taxes per fight currently. He fights all the time and has to believe he will be the champ for two more years.... that's 35M right there.
...and I understand the logistics from the UFC pov- I have a weekly tv show to promote, in my opinion, the top 115 contracts/fighters which are the 145 division and up (6 divisions, top 15 in each plus 3-5 top prospects in each division they're eying).Obviously this helps sign the obvious people that should be calling UFC home. From that standpoint, it's the only reason why I would want fight to happen cause the matchmaking and watered down tv cards are regressing their overall business and it's sad.

Exactly. And he didn't so your probably the one that doesn't get it. The ufc was not going to turn down 100s of millions free money. Conor had more leverage than people thought.
What you talking about? Let me say it again more simply and direct.

The UFC can offer Conor as little money for this fight as they want and tell Conor to take it or the fight will not happen.

Once again, explain to me how the fuck Conor has any kind of leverage.

Last edited:
Maybe just because of the difference in skills. But like skip said conor has 20 pounds, 12 yrs and hits like a MAC TRUCK. He might have a chance.... 25% maybe
.25% chance? Sounds about right.

What the are you talking about? Let me say it again in more simply and direct.

The UFC can offer Conor as little money for this fight as they want and tell Conor to take it or the fight will not happen.

Not sure how people don't understand this. They act like the UFC has always put the fighters first and let them get the bulk of the money. He will take his usual show money if that's what Dana offers.

Not sure how people don't understand this. They act like the UFC has always put the fighters first and let them get the bulk of the money. He will take his usual show money if that's what Dana offers.
I'm convinced they're genuinely stupid because it's not a hard concept to grasp.

Conor either accepts the offer be it $1.00 or $20 million, or he can go back to fighting for his usual pay or retire.

What does he lose by not taking it? Your not getting what I'm writing..... what you wrote isn't incorrect, but your point of view is screwed. My viewpoint is one of pride, conors could be based on a certain number or percentage.

He is extremely happy about the contract, no? We have estimates on how much he makes per fight in the ufc. Is it a reach to say he's making a lot more money for this fight than ever before?

Last edited:

The original premise of this post wasnt how much would conor take to fight floyd? It was what is enough to retire forever as written by sherdogers?

So a champion mma fighter in his prime; who believes he can be champ for yrs and fights to come, he would only give up a lot on his negotiations for this fight if he planned on just making a big payday.

A career ending amount would mean not giving into the ufc easily as he already makes $10M a fight

Where is the 500 Million coming from?
TS is a very sophisticated mathematician.
5m buys times $100. This makes sense because this fight is so big, everyone working for UFC, and the advertising has agreed to work for free. Cable companies and broadcasters have also agreed to work for free. All the other fighters on the card have agreed to wave their purses. So it's basically pure profit.

You really think this fight would outdraw Mayweather vs. Pacquiao?
Maybe, because it is drawing from both boxing and MMA audiences. But I don't know how much boxing and MMA audiences will really be into such an obvious squash match. I love watching fights, and I've paid for every one of McGregor's PPVs, but I'd likely skip this one.

5m buys times $100. This makes sense because this fight is so big, everyone working for UFC, and the advertising has agreed to work for free. Cable companies and broadcasters have also agreed to work for free. All the other fighters on the card have agreed to wave their purses. So it's basically pure profit.
Didn't take ppv cut for companies out, or that floyd and Manny also received part of cut from the gate. The cable and ppv companies recieved 200M out of 600M reportedly for their fight..... so at 500M let's take out 170M. Still 330M left there

http://nypost.com/2015/05/12/the-absurd-mayweather-pacquiao-money-numbers-roll-in/

Last edited:
5m buys times $100.
tumblr_lwg6cwaMzA1qzjix8.gif

The original premise of this post wasnt how much would conor take to fight floyd? It was what is enough to retire forever as written by sherdogers?

So a champion mma fighter in his prime; who believes he can be champ for yrs and fights to come, he would only give up a lot on his negotiations for this fight if he planned on just making a big payday.

A career ending amount would mean not giving into the ufc easily as he already makes $10M a fight
What does he lose by not taking it? Your not getting what I'm writing..... what you wrote isn't incorrect, but your point of view is screwed. My viewpoint is one of pride, conors could be based on a certain number or percentage.

He is extremely happy about the contract, no? We have estimates on how much he makes per fight in the ufc. Is it a reach to say he's making a lot more money for this fight than ever before?
Depending on the amount the UFC offers Conor he could be losing out on an opportunity to make more than what then what he makes per fight with the UFC.

Let's say in the end he's getting 10%, which doesn't sound like much but that 10% might be 10% of $250 million. $25 million is over 8x his UFC guarantee and over 2x his estimated payout with PPV after taxes.

If Conor doesn't like the offer and walks then he can either retire or get back into the octagon. It is his loss if he refuses any offers more than his biggest paycheck to date.

Last edited:
Depending on the amount the UFC offers Conor he could be losing out on an opportunity to make more than what then what he makes per fight with the UFC.

Let's say in the end he's getting 10%, which doesn't sound like much but that 10% might be 10% of $250 million. $25 million I spent over 8x his UFC guarantee and over 2x his estimated payout with PPV after taxes.

If Conor doesn't like the offer and walks then he can either retire or get back into the octagon. It is his loss if he refuses any offers more than his biggest paycheck to date.
He announces the deal as record breaking. I just can't see 25M being that..... I think he'd be getting screwed if he doesn't at least make 50M for this fight imo

I've seen a lot of sherdogers say conor will be forced to take whatever the ufc gives him.... I disagree.

Also that he will retire after this if he makes enough.... again this is only true if he makes more than the 25-30 % of ufc cut I've seen on here.

On the undisputed Shandon puts out 5M ppv buys at $100 a pop. Just going on the numbers that's a $500 million dollar fight. Says Floyd camp would probably win out on percentages 60-40 as well.

Numbers breakdown based on the numbers discussed both on here and the undisputed.

Ufc- 140M
CONOR-60M
Floyd camp-300M

Why would conor take this cut.... he'd obviously be screwed at a bit more than 10% of total ppv money. Also $60 million wouldn't be enough for him to ride into the sunset anyways adjusted for what he makes currently plus taxes. ADD ON.... Maybe at 120M

First off...it will do less than the manny fight that sold for $89+ and that did less than 400million, 50% goes to cable etc etc then another 7.5% goes to someone else...(I read an article about it, but can't find it) so that leaves 185m, let's say Floyd takes 60% that = 111 000 000 leaving 75 m left over and if UFC took 60% that leaves 30 mil for Conner........may-PAC was a huge fight and ppl were pissed how it went so it will do even less numbers at a smaller fee so do the math....Connor will make 20m maybe 25 if he is lucky, far from the 100m he thinks lol

Combat sports is all about the money these days. If this somehow falls thru. Then Mayweather should rematch a prime Canelo and Conor finally defend his title.

I've seen a lot of sherdogers say conor will be forced to take whatever the ufc gives him.... I disagree.

Also that he will retire after this if he makes enough.... again this is only true if he makes more than the 25-30 % of ufc cut I've seen on here.

On the undisputed Shandon puts out 5M ppv buys at $100 a pop. Just going on the numbers that's a $500 million dollar fight. Says Floyd camp would probably win out on percentages 60-40 as well.

Numbers breakdown based on the numbers discussed both on here and the undisputed.

Ufc- 140M
CONOR-60M
Floyd camp-300M

Why would conor take this cut.... he'd obviously be screwed at a bit more than 10% of total ppv money. Also $60 million wouldn't be enough for him to ride into the sunset anyways adjusted for what he makes currently plus taxes. ADD ON.... Maybe at 120M

No. The providers will take as much as 50% of ppv revenue. That knocks 150m off your figure.

I'm convinced they're genuinely stupid because it's not a hard concept to grasp.

Conor either accepts the offer be it $1.00 or $20 million, or he can go back to fighting for his usual pay or retire.
They fell for his stupid act. You're right, they are just genuinely stupid.

Maybe just because of the difference in skills. But like skip said conor has 20 pounds, 12 yrs and hits like a MAC TRUCK. He might have a chance.... 25% maybe

Shane Carwin hits like a Mack truck. Conor hits like a Ferrari (in MMA). Larry Holmes can be credited with the analogy.

Maybe, because it is drawing from both boxing and MMA audiences. But I don't know how much boxing and MMA audiences will really be into such an obvious squash match. I love watching fights, and I've paid for every one of McGregor's PPVs, but I'd likely skip this one.
Especially if they put that special mayweather/manny pricetag on it.

Back