Other Media official scorecards for Jones vs. Gus (UPDATED)

I had it a little closer then that 2-2 with the second being a toss up I did however feel Gus did more to win the fight and I gave him more points for putting it on jones how he did I thought Gus was winning round 4 and jones stole it with the elbows overall a great fight

Dayum that's a lot of stupid people if true

I would have to say you're pretty fucking stupid if you think it was 100% clear cut that Gus won.

Super close fight and if you aren't a delusional hater, you can see that.

A majority of fighters scored it for Gus, as did fans.

JJ is the most disliked champion in the UFC.

No surprise that many of his haters are also the most vocal in their dislike for him.

I wonder if their bias has anything to do with the way they scored it.

In all other "robberies" usually the media outlets are very divided in the way they scored it.
In this case it almost unanimous in JJ's favor.
That is not a coincidence.

I also scored 2,4 and 5 for Jones. Glad to see most of the media agrees. The fans and pros are only giving it to Gus because he's likable and Jones has probably the most haters of any champ in history.

Regardless, awesome and very close fight. I look forward to the rematch.

Interesting, why such the disparity between media so-called experts and fans then?

I wonder if it is the extreme emotional bias so flagrantly flaunted by some members of this site is having any role in affecting how they see the fight?

Hah, or maybe the people on sherdog are just more intelligent than the general media? (rofl, i think sea world probably has a few dolphins that would give most sherdoggers a run for their money intellect-wise, but that is just me)

A majority of fighters scored it for Gus, as did fans.

No, 12 out of 18 fighter tweets tracked by a thread scored it for Jones, and according to a poll 2/3rds of a website consisting of mostly people that dislike Jones scored it for Gus.

Who cares how others scored that fight? In my mind Gus won that fight. It was very close though, so Im not even mad that Jones got the nod. But R4 imo should have went to Gus. Just like GSP got R3 vs Condit after Carlos landed the headkick and almost finished Georges. Carlos dominated 1min of that round and actully knocked GSP down which Jones never did to Gustafsson in R4. Judges gave that round to GSP for dominating the rest of that round and I feel like they should have done that to Gustafsson as well.

R1 Gus
R2 Gus/Jones/Draw
R3 Gus
R4 Gus
R5 Jones

Dayum that's a lot of stupid people if true

stupid people keep claiming Gus won. Don't deny it, it's fact and blatantly obvious to anyone who is not biased/stupid

you only make it worse the more you deny it

You're kidding right? It was the exact opposite. Joe making it sound like Jon dominated or something.

He was surprisingly unbiased the entire fight until going into the 5th round claiming Jones might be down 0-4 lol

this fight just shows how bad scoring each round separately is, though. In close fights one fighter might steal a round barely like Gus did in the first and get the same value out of it as his opponent taking a round clearly like Jones took the 5th, unless it's a 10-8 round

I had it 48-47 jones I think Gus took the 1st and 3rd while Jon took the championship rounds the 2nd round was almost dead even and ultimately I think it comes down to who you fancy jones or Gus because you could argue that both could have taken the 2nd round

Therefore either could have won by split IMO if I had judged I would have given out a draw I really have to go back and study the 2nd round because I think that was the key round

You're kidding right? It was the exact opposite. Joe making it sound like Jon dominated or something.

How so? Joe even mentioned that he thought Jon Jones might have not won any of the first 3 rounds. Biased much?

Sherdog TJ de Santis - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Sherdog Chris Nelson - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Sherdog Mike Whitman - 49:46 Jones (Jones: 2,3,4,5 / Gus: 1)
MMA Junkie - 49:46 Jones (Jones: 2,3,4,5 / Gus: 1)
MMA Weekly - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
MMAfighting - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Fightmetric - 49:48 Jones (Jones: 4,5 / Gus: 1)
MMAmania - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Yahoo Sports - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Bloodyelbow - 49:46 Jones (Jones: 2,3,4,5 / Gus: 1)
BJpenn.com - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Cagepotato - 49:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1)
Pro MMA Now - 48:47 Gus (Jones: 4,5 / Gus: 1,2,3)
MMA Torch - 50:45 Jones (Jones: 1,2,3,4,5 / Gus: )
Bleecher Report - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,3,4,5 / Gus: 1)
Sports Illustrated - 48:48 Draw (Jones: 4,5 / Gus: 1,2)
Fighters.com - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
FOX Sports - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
MMA Kanvas - 49:46 Jones (Jones: 2,3,4,5 / Gus: 1)
MMA Frenzy - 49:46 Jones (Jones: 1,2,4,5 / Gus: 3)
5th Round - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)

According to 21 Media scores

Jones w: 19
Gus w: 1
Draw: 1

Rofl mma torch gave all 5 rounds to jones... What a load of crap..

Who the hell is mma torche anyway , does jon jones mother run the website?

I completely disagree with you and agree with the poster you quoted. Joe said, numerous times, that Jones was or "may be" losing the fight. He commented repeatedly on Jones' cut. He raved (rightfully so) about Gus' TDD. He specifically pointed out that in the Evans and Rampage fights when it got to the championship rounds Jones was already in complete control of the fight, but that in this fight that was not the case.

I'm not saying Joe was overly biased toward Gus, but he most certainly wasn't biased towards Jones.

i had gus 123... but i can see it otherwise. i think part of the issue is that this is the first time we've seen Jones look human so that offset the actual impression of the fight.

MMA Torch - 50:45 Jones (Jones: 1,2,3,4,5 / Gus: )

Who the fuck is this guy!

I agree with the judges and the media on this one, I rewatched the fight and I'm completely unbiased.

Joe actually said at the start of the 5th he thought Jon might have to finish Gus to secure the win. Don't worry Joe, the judges got it covered

Back