Other Media official scorecards for Jones vs. Gus (UPDATED)

uhuehehe

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Sherdog TJ de Santis - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Sherdog Chris Nelson - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Sherdog Mike Whitman - 49:46 Jones (Jones: 2,3,4,5 / Gus: 1)
MMA Junkie - 49:46 Jones (Jones: 2,3,4,5 / Gus: 1)
MMA Weekly - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
MMAfighting - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Fightmetric - 49:48 Jones (Jones: 4,5 / Gus: 1)
MMAmania - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Yahoo Sports - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Bloodyelbow - 49:46 Jones (Jones: 2,3,4,5 / Gus: 1)
BJpenn.com - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
Cagepotato - 49:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1)
Pro MMA Now - 48:47 Gus (Jones: 4,5 / Gus: 1,2,3)
MMA Torch - 50:45 Jones (Jones: 1,2,3,4,5 / Gus: )
Bleecher Report - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,3,4,5 / Gus: 1)
Sports Illustrated - 48:48 Draw (Jones: 4,5 / Gus: 1,2)
Fighters.com - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
FOX Sports - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)
MMA Kanvas - 49:46 Jones (Jones: 2,3,4,5 / Gus: 1)
MMA Frenzy - 49:46 Jones (Jones: 1,2,4,5 / Gus: 3)
5th Round - 48:47 Jones (Jones: 2,4,5 / Gus: 1,3)

According to 21 Media scores

Jones w: 19
Gus w: 1
Draw: 1

Last edited:
Dayum that's a lot of stupid people if true

They must be paid off. Just kidding, Jones won if you aren't biased as F.

Maybe those MMA website guys were smart enough to watch either in person in press row or watch the PPV in a foreign language so they weren't swayed by the Rogan/Goldie bias.

I think Gus would have taken it if it wasnt for those 1 or 2 takedowns late in the fight.

I thought Gus did abit more to win, but it was very close.

Maybe those MMA website guys were smart enough to watch either in person in press row or watch the PPV in a foreign language so they weren't swayed by the Rogan/Goldie bias.

You're kidding right? It was the exact opposite. Joe making it sound like Jon dominated or something.

Zero credit to Jon Jones for punishing the body and legs with roundhouse kicks and spinning back kicks, or the spinning back elbow that hurt Gus in Round 4 or the six(!) headkicks in Round 5?

Rd 1 - Gus 10/9 and I have to think that eye poke was a deliberate, dirty ass move. No respect for you Jon Jones. That was bullshit.

Rd 2 - Gus 10/9 though I could see a 10/10. But I think Gus likely did enough to take it.

Rd 3- Draw 10/10

Rd 4 - Jones 10/9 though Gus was winning the majority of the round but I feel Jones did enough towards the end to warrant giving it too him.

Rd 5 - Jones 10/9

I think it was a legitimate draw. I think Gus should have circled more in the later rounds and could really benefit from developing a bad ass front kick. The blue print has been laid on how to beat Jones's ass now. Excellent showing by Gus.

Zero credit to Jon Jones for punishing the body and legs with roundhouse kicks and spinning back kicks, or the spinning back elbow that hurt Gus in Round 4 or the six(!) headkicks in Round 5?

not zero credit.... those are the rounds he won. lmao. whats wrong with you? i think they both had 2 rounds apiece.. there are plenty of places to pick this fight apart and i just think u went with the wrong examples here. No one is going to argue with you that jones didnt win those rounds or at least one of those two rounds. (round 4 u can argue gusto as he was winning up until that elbow). but 49-46? thats the power of a sponsor they wont let get away.

Rd 1 - Gus 10/9 and I have to think that eye poke was a deliberate, dirty ass move. No respect for you Jon Jones. That was bullshit.

Rd 2 - Gus 10/9 though I could see a 10/10. But I think Gus likely did enough to take it.

Rd 3- Draw 10/10

Rd 4 - Jones 10/9 though Gus was winning the majority of the round but I feel Jones did enough towards the end to warrant giving it too him.

Rd 5 - Jones 10/9

I think it was a legitimate draw. I think Gus should have circled more in the later rounds and could really benefit from developing a bad ass front kick. The blue print has been laid on how to beat Jones's ass now. Excellent showing by Gus.

The replay showed the eyepoke was like JJ's part of his index finger that they use for fingerprints and it lightly brushed the corner of AG's eye. It wasn't like Kevin Burns vs. Anthony Johnson like stabbing the fingertips parallel to the ground.

I was thinking JJ should have done a bodylock lift up takedown like Frankie vs. BJ or done a Steven Segal kick.

Is it tin foil hat time? They said JJ wasn't under contract w/Gatorade nor was he compensated by Gatorade aside from free Gatorade where JJ was allowed the privilege of wearing the Gatorade logo. So did Gatorade pay the UFC the big sponsor money for JJ to wear the logo rather than put the logo on the canvas?

A majority of fighters scored it for Gus, as did fans.

Gus won the first tree, won most part of round 4 but got stunned by that spinning elbow and then lost round 5.

48-47 Gus

Gus won the first tree, won most part of round 4 but got stunned by that spinning elbow and then lost round 5.

48-47 Gus

This ain't PRIDE FC judging. You either win the round or you don't. You don't win part of a round. JJ's elbow that made AG retreat was the best offense of the bout, and it was close to leading to a finish. Round 4's elbow > Round 1's glove cutting the eyebrow.

If Jones was as good as Anderson Silva at picking the right strike to throw at the right time and delivering it perfectly, he would have done a jumping clinch knee to finish off Gus after the elbow.

I won my vcash bet on Bones but would gladly return it back in a heartbeat. When a win is like that it feels cheap.

Media and fans are totally disconnected...... but I think Jones won.

Back