Opinion: Connor will NOT fight at 145 again!

He was going to fight RDA before the Diaz fight. If he beat Diaz, Dana wasn't opposed to letting him fight Lawler. He lost and that went away. You don't think if he beat Diaz in the rematch it would open those doors back up? The only thing stopping it is your made up rules, which don't exist. You think beating another FW would go further in getting a shot at RDA than beating Diaz, a top ranked LW? I don't care if it is at 170 or 155. It would still be a win over Nate Diaz. The only reason it matters to you is because you seem to think they are bound by these rules. Well, if they followed your alleged rules, they would never had him fighting out of FW to begin with and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

According to your guidelines, Sonnen would never have fought Jones. Nick Diaz would never have fought GSP. Gustafsson would never have fought Cormier. Half of Couture's title shots were probably unwarranted. Lesnar fast tracking to the title? Money talks, and when money is on the line, they will do what they want, even if it doesn't make sense in your reality.

Right now, the going theme is the UFC putting on fights that don't "make sense" or as you said, are irrelevant. We wouldn't be talking about that stuff if they followed things the way you are claiming.

They want McGregor in the money fights as much as he wants to be in them. That is why they were giving him a mulligan and letting him run it back with Diaz rather than him going back to FW to defend. If they want him in a LW title fight, and he beats Diaz at 155, 170, or 180 catchweight, they will put him in that fight.
You want to gauge Conor at 170 have him fight Gunnar Nelson

View attachment 93887

His name is Conor. Just one n in his name
1415296486264.gif

The truth hurts doesn't it.He doesn't beat Nate ever let's make that clear at any weight class.Lawler would fucking murder him and beating Nate at 170 doesn't give you Lawler .you realize if he lost to Nate at 155 he would be stuck in fw.You fucking troll
What hurts? I don't really care. I don't have a dog in this race. I just don't think you understand how this works. You have this idea that title shots are earned, when there is plenty of proof to the contrary.

He may not beat Nate at any weight. If he doesn't, that is fine. Like I said, I don't care. I'm just fine if Nate smashes him again and sends him back to FW. But you can't say for sure it doesn't happen. It's not any more far fetched than Matt Serra beating GSP. Ronda Rousey was never supposed to lose. Bisping wasn't supposed to beat Silva. Fedor wasn't supposed to lose to any of the people who beat him. Werdum wasn't supposed to beat Cain. Upsets happen all of the time. We have seen enough of them that nobody on here should write any fighter off in any fight.

But at the end of the day, if he can't beat Nate, he can't beat Nate. But these guys don't go into it with that mentality. With no risk, there is no reward.

You say beating Nate at 170 doesn't give you Lawler. But Dana said he was open to the idea. Why? Because it would have been a big money fight.

Not sure why you are calling me a troll. Because I'm saying they give title shots and other opportunities to guys who don't earn them, while you are claiming the only way is to earn it? We can easily go back to the history books to see that this shit happens all of the time.

What hurts? I don't really care. I don't have a dog in this race. I just don't think you understand how this works. You have this idea that title shots are earned, when there is plenty of proof to the contrary.

He may not beat Nate at any weight. If he doesn't, that is fine. Like I said, I don't care. I'm just fine if Nate smashes him again and sends him back to FW. But you can't say for sure it doesn't happen. It's not any more far fetched than Matt Serra beating GSP. Ronda Rousey was never supposed to lose. Bisping wasn't supposed to beat Silva. Fedor wasn't supposed to lose to any of the people who beat him. Werdum wasn't supposed to beat Cain. Upsets happen all of the time. We have seen enough of them that nobody on here should write any fighter off in any fight.

But at the end of the day, if he can't beat Nate, he can't beat Nate. But these guys don't go into it with that mentality. With no risk, there is no reward.

You say beating Nate at 170 doesn't give you Lawler. But Dana said he was open to the idea. Why? Because it would have been a big money fight.

Not sure why you are calling me a troll. Because I'm saying they give title shots and other opportunities to guys who don't earn them, while you are claiming the only way is to earn it? We can easily go back to the history books to see that this shit happens all of the time.
You are delusional.Their is no point even talking to you honestly your logic is retarded.Conors not fighting Nate because his ass wanted pulled plain and simple.He can blame the UFC all he wants and say he was game.He wasn't game at all and anyone with a half a brain can see through the bull shit

Of course he will. The big money fights are defending his belt. Even if he loses to Nate again there will be a lot of interest in the Frankie/Aldo fight.

Gsp vs Diaz was in their respective weight classes you idiot that's a horrible analogy.Better yet all the examples you gave were fighters in their respective weigh classes.Since when does Conor fight at 170 other than his 1 attempt and getting utterly destroyed
So what? It doesn't mean they won't do it. Dana said he was open to McGregor/Lawler. A lot of people were also under the impression they wanted to do McGregor/GSP. Are you saying none of that was ever in the cards, despite the rumors and despite things that were actually said? McGregor had also never fought at LW in the UFC, but they had no problem putting him in there with RDA.

You call me an idiot, but I'm just repeating things that were actually said and alleged. When I bring up a potential fight with Lawler, that is because the idea was actually being thrown around. The UFC was letting him dabble around in other weights. They were enabling him, letting him fight for the LW title, letting him fight at WW, talking about potential fights with Lawler, GSP, etc. It's not like I'm just making this shit up or talking out of my ass.

Why are you resorting to name calling anyways? I'm not being hostile with you. You said, hurts, don't it? No. I'm just fine. Any way the wind blows. You are the one calling names and getting pissed because the UFC doesn't follow your views on how the promotion should be run.

So what? It doesn't mean they won't do it. Dana said he was open to McGregor/Lawler. A lot of people were also under the impression they wanted to do McGregor/GSP. Are you saying none of that was ever in the cards, despite the rumors and despite things that were actually said? McGregor had also never fought at LW in the UFC, but they had no problem putting him in there with RDA.

You call me an idiot, but I'm just repeating things that were actually said and alleged. When I bring up a potential fight with Lawler, that is because the idea was actually being thrown around. The UFC was letting him dabble around in other weights. They were enabling him, letting him fight for the LW title, letting him fight at WW, talking about potential fights with Lawler, GSP, etc. It's not like I'm just making this shit up or talking out of my ass.

Why are you resorting to name calling anyways? I'm not being hostile with you. You said, hurts, don't it? No. I'm just fine. Any way the wind blows. You are the one calling names and getting pissed because the UFC doesn't follow your views on how the promotion should be run.
Like I said theirs no point to talk to you.

You are delusional.Their is no point even talking to you honestly your logic is retarded.Conors not fighting Nate because his ass wanted pulled plain and simple.He can blame the UFC all he wants and say he was game.He wasn't game at all and anyone with a half a brain can see through the bull shit
So he asked for the fight, got put on the biggest card in UFC history, probably the biggest payday of his career, went through the motions, when he had no intention of fighting because he is afraid. And you are calling me delusional? I'm talking about things that were actually being thrown around. You are the one using speculation and conjecture.

Just tell me, are you one of these black helicopter guys, or just a McGregor hater?

So he asked for the fight, got put on the biggest card in UFC history, probably the biggest payday of his career, went through the motions, when he had no intention of fighting because he is afraid. And you are calling me delusional? I'm talking about things that were actually being thrown around. You are the one using speculation and conjecture.

Just tell me, are you one of these black helicopter guys, or just a McGregor hater?
He never had the intentions to fight Nate.How much morr clearer can I be.He ran from Nate and Edgar.

Lawler,Gsp,Rda those all are off the table.He better win his title
defense or he's really fucked.

Again I'm not interested in arguing theirs no point.Hes a loss away from obscurity

Like I said theirs no point to talk to you.
That's because you are the one talking out of your ass, not me.

Media asks if Conor could get a fight with Lawler if he beats Diaz.
Dana says Conor usually gets what he wants.
Scamrock says a fight with Lawler might have been part of the plan.
Shapky says Scamrock is an idiot and that he was never going to get a fight with Lawler, even with a Diaz win.

Conor asks for Diaz rematch.
UFC books Diaz rematch.
Conor skips media obligations.
UFC pulls Conor from the fight.
Scamrock talks about fight as if all parties had actually planned to do it.
Shapky calls Scamrock delusional, puts on his tin foil hat and starts taking about conspiricies.

Fighters get unearned title shots.
Shapky says Conor won't get a title shot if he doesn't earn it.
Scamrock says you don't have to earn title shots in the UFC.
Scamrock cites said fighters as proof it regularly happens.
Shapky calls scamrock a troll.

Shapky doesn't think Scamrock pointing out evidence and truths is good logic.
Shapky prefers speculation and conjecture.
Shapky thinks there is no point in talking to Scamrock.
Scamrock thinks Shapky needs to take a look in the mirror before judging others.

That's because you are the one talking out of your ass, not me.

Media asks if Conor could get a fight with Lawler if he beats Diaz.
Dana says Conor usually gets what he wants.
Scamrock says a fight with Lawler might have been part of the plan.
Shapky says Scamrock is an idiot and that he was never going to get a fight with Lawler, even with a Diaz win.

Conor asks for Diaz rematch.
UFC books Diaz rematch.
Conor skips media obligations.
UFC pulls Conor from the fight.
Scamrock talks about fight as if all parties had actually planned to do it.
Shapky calls Scamrock delusional, puts on his tin foil hat and starts taking about conspiricies.

Fighters get unearned title shots.
Shapky says Conor won't get a title shot if he doesn't earn it.
Scamrock says you don't have to earn title shots in the UFC.
Scamrock cites said fighters as proof it regularly happens.
Shapky calls scamrock a troll.

Shapky doesn't think Scamrock pointing out evidence and truths is good logic.
Shapky prefers speculation and conjecture.
Shapky thinks there is no point in talking to Scamrock.
Scamrock thinks Shapky needs to take a look in the mirror before judging others.
I think your a idiot.Which isn't hard to prove

I didn't read anything after the first 3 sentences. This topic could've been covered much more efficiently without all the theoretical BS and self proclaimed expertise/inside knowledge.

Here, I'll fix it for you.

Conor struggled to make 145. He lost to Nate Diaz at 170, he wanted to avenge the loss(unlikely scenario) and was given the chance to do so. He failed to comply with contractual obligations and was removed from the UFC 200 fight card. He is no longer marketable as a welter weight, and likely doesn't want to make the cut to 145, so he will probably fight at 155 from now on.

You want to gauge Conor at 170 have him fight Gunnar Nelson
I would be fine with that. I don't think they would fight. They are buddies. McGregor talks about loyalty and all of that. This is what I like about Cowboy Cerrone. While a lot of guys won't fight their teammates and buddies, Cowboy said he would fight Leonard Garcia, and they are like brothers.

Despite all of this talk about McGregor fighting at 170, which I'm only going there because it has been talked about a lot by Conor, by the UFC, by MMA media, and by fans, I think he should probably be sticking to 155 if he really wants to be competitive. But I do completely understand why he would chase money fights at 170. If he doesn't mind the risk, which I do admire, then that is fine. But I'm not sure anyone actually thinks he would be competitive there. Obviously, he does well at 145. I think the question really is, how competitive he can be at 155?

After chasing the money is all said and done (if that is even still a thing at this point), and if he decides he doesn't want to fight at 145, I think there are a lot of interesting matchups at 155. It's a tougher division, IMO, and will be tougher to run the table on. But I think it would be fun to see him try, win or lose.

Conor struggled to make 145. He lost to Nate Diaz at 170, he wanted to avenge the loss(unlikely scenario) and was given the chance to do so. He failed to comply with contractual obligations and was removed from the UFC 200 fight card. He is no longer marketable as a welter weight, and likely doesn't want to make the cut to 145, so he will probably fight at 155 from now on.

Succinct and accurate.

I think your a idiot.Which isn't hard to prove
Really? You are the one who wants to discredit everything that has been said by the UFC, Conor, the media, etc. But you want to shit on me and call me name for repeating them. You are the one with the conspiracy theory. You are the one who keeps telling me things wont happen because they don't make sense, even though the UFC has a history of blatantly doing things that don't make sense. So why am I an idiot? Seriously? Honest question.

Looked fine in his last featherweight fight. It actually looked like his best weight cut so far. "He can't make the cut" is just Sherbro talk that one person reads and parrots it and the next person does the same. There's no actual fact or basis to think it's even remotely true. He has fought, what, fifteen times at featherweight in his career?
True but he just fought at 168 and said his body felt great.

Really? You are the one who wants to discredit everything that has been said by the UFC, Conor, the media, etc. But you want to shit on me and call me name for repeating them. You are the one with the conspiracy theory. You are the one who keeps telling me things wont happen because they don't make sense, even though the UFC has a history of blatantly doing things that don't make sense. So why am I an idiot? Seriously? Honest question.
Well their idiots to I don't discriminate.You have your views as I have mine your not an idiot your just parroting what you have heard.So no your not an idiot.

That and your fun to wind up because you write a novel in response lol

Back