Opinion: Connor will NOT fight at 145 again!

If GSP were to return. Why isn't GSP returning to fight Lawler?? Wanting to fight a smaller fighter in Conor. Come on GSP.

Well their idiots to I don't discriminate.You have your views as I have mine your not an idiot your just parroting what you have heard.So no your not an idiot.

I know they aren't the most trustworthy people in the world. I also know the UFC is notorious for promising fights and then not making them. Just ask Tate, Hendricks, and Condit to name a few.

Obviously, I can't say for sure that their intentions were beyond Diaz (though I think it's safe to assume at the very least, they would try to revisit RDA). They were putting out all these wild ideas. It did feel like they were at least going through the motions. But you are right. It could all be BS. But at the end of the day, it's really all we have to go on. So don't hate on me too much for repeating it.

That and your fun to wind up because you write a novel in response lol
You don't have to get me wound up to write a novel. I just love MMA and have a lot to say. Though sometimes my ADD might have me all over the place, which isn't always great when I get going for too long.

That fight with Nate has to be at 170lbs for the big money fight with GSP to work and if you don't think the UFC would not have made the fight with GSP if Conor beat Nate you're crazy!

He is not beating Nate and he sure as hell does not deserve to face GSP

If GSP were to return. Why isn't GSP returning to fight Lawler?? Wanting to fight a smaller fighter in Conor. Come on GSP.
Money. The two biggest names? Even if they didn't do it, they would have to be tempted. But I agree. I would much rather see the Lawler fight. I think McGregor would be a squash match. I'm not going to say it would be a waste of time, because I don't think making money is a waste of time. But I personally don't have that much interest in it. I would much rather see GSP fight Lawler, and honestly, outside of Edgar at FW, I wish McGregor would make a permanent move to LW. Fights with Cerrone, Pettis, Ferguson, Barboza, etc. I fucking love LW.

Well he'll fight Nater next and after that defend his title or get stripped. The UFC has an incentive not to strip the title due to champions clauses although I have no idea how many fights remain on his deal if he loses it.

Money. The two biggest names? Even if they didn't do it, they would have to be tempted. But I agree. I would much rather see the Lawler fight. I think McGregor would be a squash match. I'm not going to say it would be a waste of time, because I don't think making money is a waste of time. But I personally don't have that much interest in it. I would much rather see GSP fight Lawler, and honestly, outside of Edgar at FW, I wish McGregor would make a permanent move to LW. Fights with Cerrone, Pettis, Ferguson, Barboza, etc. I fucking love LW.
Agreed on everything. Conor should ditch the 145lbs. Fight at 155. GSP should fight Lawler. Why cancel out two major stars by having them fight each other? Especially since the fight wouldn't make any kind of sense? It's asinine.

Don't really care if he does or not. I hope Frankie beats Aldo and if Conor doesn't fight him at 145, Frankie can beat his ass at 155

moot point, Conor gets smashed again by Nate at whatever weight class and fades to obscurity if he doesn't defend his title.

Agreed on everything. Conor should ditch the 145lbs. Fight at 155. GSP should fight Lawler. Why cancel out two major stars by having them fight each other? Especially since the fight wouldn't make any kind of sense? It's asinine.
I actually don't have a problem with it making sense. If I thought it would be a badass fight, I'd be down. But I just don't see how it is competitive at all. 50-45 GSP, if not worse. GSP might actually get that elusive finish. I just don't really have a lot of interest in that.

Don't really care if he does or not. I hope Frankie beats Aldo and if Conor doesn't fight him at 145, Frankie can beat his ass at 155
To be honest, I miss Frankie at 155. He did fine there without having to cut. I feel like the only reason he probably dropped was because he wasn't going to get another crack at Bendo. Well, that clearly isn't going to be an issue anymore. I guess FW probably needs him more. But when I think of some of the guys he could be fighting at LW, I get a little excited. Then I get a little depressed we aren't getting to see them.

Think about it. Frankie was the LW champ back when people were arguing over who had the better champs, Strikeforce, Bellator, Dream, UFC, and to a lesser extent, WEC. We got to see Pettis/Alvrez, Pettis/Melendez, Alvarez/Malendez, etc.Too bad Edgar is missing that.

bump

and I said at the start of this thread....CONOR WILL NOT FIGHT AT 145 AGAIN

You're right, unless Frankie loses to Jose.

Back