Opinion: Connor will NOT fight at 145 again!

No Dana was in on it. I think they took him off to save Conor from another loss. i don't know how the weight cut is for him. yes he's been fighting at 145 for a while, but maybe it is harder now. But well see how Aldo/Edgar plays out.. assuming Jose wins, maybe a rematch, hyping it big time considering Conor won in quick and convincing fashion. He beat the greatest FW of all time..
The question remains if Aldo did beat him in a rematch what does that do for his legacy?Also how can he demand a rematch when he didn't give Aldo one and coming off 2 losses if he lost.

TS, Connor can train for the rest of his life...he ain't beating Georges

##Let FalseHopeDie

True. 90year old GSP would still fuck up 82year old McG. He could never catch up to him.
He could train two months and attack GSP who just woke up and he'd still get schooled. No serious MMA fan could ever doubt this :D

People are writing Aldo off and that's the last dude I would write off and under estimate.

People are writing Aldo off and that's the last dude I would write off and under estimate.

Agreed. But Aldo's chin is still suspect given the background knowledge of what goes on in those brazilian "sparring" sessions.

Agreed. But Aldo's chin is still suspect given the background knowledge of what goes on in those brazilian "sparring" sessions.
So is Conors.The first time he gets cracked he didn't want anymore.

The thing is people as well as Conor aren't use to him getting hit that's what the Nate fight showed.

I tend to agree with this. I don't see how he was every going to bulk up to 170 and the cutback down to 145 in 4 or 5 months. I think he will lose the rematch to Nate drop the Featherweight belt and then re-launch his second run at lightweight with a stadium fight in Ireland against someone like Joe Duffy.

Uu0obKi.jpg

So is Conors.The first time he gets cracked he didn't want anymore.

The thing is people as well as Conor aren't use to him getting hit that's what the Nate fight showed.

Coner?
Conner?
Connor?

Rhonda, Robbie Lawlor, Holly Holms, Damian Maia, John Johns: Sherdog - Where the illiterate go to socialize.
so what do you think happens if Aldo wins the rematch

Looked fine in his last featherweight fight. It actually looked like his best weight cut so far. "He can't make the cut" is just Sherbro talk that one person reads and parrots it and the next person does the same. There's no actual fact or basis to think it's even remotely true. He has fought, what, fifteen times at featherweight in his career?

You're parroting what in this case, are the people with the least credibility: Conor and his team.

The facts are these:

- Conor hasn't gone past the second round since Holloway
- at the weigh-ins, he looks emaciated
- he sounds like death, stumbles on his words after stepping off the scales
- IV now banned
- Diego Sanchez and Connor Ruebusch have both reported that Conor is 170 on fight night - just google it

And just judging by the pics, body language, the cut vs Aldo actually looked to be his second worst ever (after the Siver fight)

vs Siver
inpho_00884677.jpg

vs Mendes
480308674-conor-mcgregor-stares-down-chad-mendes-gettyimages.jpg

vs Aldo
mcgregor-ooo.jpg

aldo2.jpg

You're parroting what in this case, are the people with the least credibility: Conor and his team.

The facts are these:

- he sounds like death, has stumbles on his words after stepping off the scales
- IV now banned
- Diego Sanchez and Connor Ruebusch have both reported that Conor is 170 on fight night - just google it

And just judging by the pics, body language, the cut vs Aldo actually looked to be his second worst ever (after the Siver fight)

vs Siver
inpho_00884677.jpg

vs Mendes

vs Aldo
mcgregor-ooo.jpg

aldo2.jpg
My God never realized how sick he really looked.The thing is how can they prove an iv was used if to rehydrate period ?

The facts are these:

- he sounds like death, stumbles on his words after stepping off the scales
- IV now banned

vs Siver
inpho_00884677.jpg

vs Mendes

vs Aldo
mcgregor-ooo.jpg

aldo2.jpg

Lucky Charms shortage?

My God never realized how sick he really looked.The thing is how can they prove an iv was used if to rehydrate period ?

I don't know if fighters are breaking the rules regarding IVs but one thing is for sure: rehydrating to 170 means a monster cut. For comparison: Aldo was 163-165 at UFC 194 and he is supposed to be one of the 145ers making the biggest cut, routinely accused of fading in the later rounds.

...but by some miracle, Conor is going to be coming back down to 145 after 8-12 months of looking like this:

McGregor-wins.png

..and make the cut/perform well past the 2nd round. Fans are dreaming in colors.

I don't know if fighters are breaking the rules regarding IVs but one thing is for sure: rehydrating to 170 means a monster cut. For comparison: Aldo was 163-165 at UFC 194 and he is supposed to be one of the 145ers making the biggest cut, routinely accused of fading in the later rounds.

...but by some miracle, Conor is going to be coming back down to 145 after 8-12 months of looking like this:

McGregor-wins.png

..and make the cut/perform well past the 2nd round. Fans are dreaming in colors.
Ya it'll suck for sure.Depends when the fight is in my opinion

I agree with what you are saying to an extent. But when it comes to fighting at 145 again, never say never. I don't think it's probably so much that he can't as it is he doesn't like doing it, and won't if he doesn't have to. If he loses the Diaz rematch, I don't see him just jumping into the contender pool at LW and trying to earn a title shot while he still has that FW belt. I think it's more likely he would go defend his title, at least once.

I think the longer he can put off going back to FW, he will. At this point, it's his plan B (maybe even C or D). If he can find success at LW (which will be tough since it is pretty much contingent on him beating both Diaz and the LW champ back to back), then maybe he never goes back.

Now, I do think you are spot on with this plan to beat Diaz and then fight GSP. But I don't think it is that simple. GSP might still be a long shot. There are still going to be hurdles. He has talked about the Reebok deal. If that deal doesn't work for him, then what? They have to find a way around it. Does he get the going rate, but the UFC picks up the difference of what he was making previously with sponsors, or whatever he is asking? Do they try to convince Reebok to sponsor GSP and throw a little more his way? How is that boing to work.

I think at first, the plan was simply to fight RDA and try to get both belts. When Diaz stepped in, and the fight was at WW, I think the aspirations changed. I think he probably had his eye on either GSP, the longshot, or Lawler, the WW champ. If he fights Lawler, and somehow pulls off the win, not only is he a 2 division champ, but hell, RDA is still there. Why not fight for a 3rd title while we are at it? Or maybe at that point, they try for GSP again. But if he loses to Lawler, or GSP for that matter, so what? He lost to the bigger guy. The RDA fight is still something they could do. So he could still go back to that original plan of fighting for the LW title. If he wins, he is a LW champ defending his title. Give the FW title back to the FWs. If he loses, well, he still has his FW title. He can go back down and defend it.

I think they saw these options, thought it was realistic, and they were bigger fights that a lot of what the UFC had ever done before, at the very least more attractive than defending the FW title, where he probably didn't like the weight cut anyways. Diaz threw a wrench in their plans. It looked like McGregor was on his way back to FW. He convinced them to give him a mulligan and try to get that one back.

McGregor-wins.png

I'm no expert on weight cutting, and I'm not familiar with how McGregor makes weight. But I do know a lot of guys diet down and then cut the rest. I'm guessing he probably has to do both. If he were fighting at LW, maybe he could get by with one or the other, or both to a lesser degree. Maybe for 170, he just came in as is, and could still do a diet and a cut to make LW and/or FW.

Does anyone know what he was walking around at while competing at FW?

The question remains if Aldo did beat him in a rematch what does that do for his legacy?Also how can he demand a rematch when he didn't give Aldo one and coming off 2 losses if he lost.
For Aldo, it will let him avenge a loss. If Conor beats Aldo again if it happens he just the best twice. As far as the loss, it hurts, but if he goes to 145 and is dominant He could become the best FW. Problem is Frankie will be in his way, and Aldo I see beating him in a second fight.Conor just won the belt so he still had it. I don't care for him, but He wasn't stripped of it. And even if he lost to Diaz, if he can still make 145, the UFC would most likely have him in a title fight. Wins and losses don't matter. I would like to see him fight Aldo again, because a second fight will be totally different.

What is this nonsense that he can't make 145 anymore ? Nothing is stopping him from dieting down to a lighter weight to cut from. His last fight was at 145 was after the IV ban as well. There is simply zero evidence to support this claim.

Back