Only the Brave (2017) - upcoming firefighter drama with Josh Brolin

Just finished watching the Goonies and just realized he’s in it. I’m hoping this is good.

Seeing a lot of trailers for it at the moment.

Do they all die? If they do I dont want to see it. I hate sad movies.

(The trailer looked awesome)

"The Dean of Mean" Keith Jardine plays "Bouncer #2" in what surely sounds like a bit part, but given he's credited means he has lines.

based on the trailer I expect brolin to sacrifice himself to save teller

lets see if this turns out to be right

Well...given it's a true story from 2013...
19 of 20 die in the Yarnell Hill Fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarnell_Hill_Fire

The Miles Teller character is the only survivor playing Brendan McDonough

My cousin is a (rare) female smoke jumper. I don't think I can watch this movie. I live in Napa and the whole fire thing is a little too real right now.

Not nearly enough good fire fighter movies

So I hope this one is good and does well

Funny you mention that. Earlier I was trying to think of other firefighter movies and all I came up with was Backdraft and Ladder 49.

Can you think of any others?

Funny you mention that. Earlier I was trying to think of other firefighter movies and all I came up with was Backdraft and Ladder 49.

Can you think of any others?

A pretty famous one that always comes up when I search for new ones

The Towering Inferno

Saw the trailer in theaters about a month ago.

Honestly thought it looked like shit.

I won't be seeing this, too emotional and literally hits too close to home.

Can't wait...it is based on a story told to GQ Magazine several years ago (conde nast is my employer so they've been beating us over the head w/ if for months)

"The Dean of Mean" Keith Jardine plays "Bouncer #2" in what surely sounds like a bit part, but given he's credited means he has lines.

Jardine seems to be hanging in their in terms of his acting career. He's certainly not having Rock-level success--or even Carano-level success for that matter--but he continues to pop up here and there.

I'll probably see it. Even though that shit hits close to home. My brother is a hose jockey.

Really like Josh but Backdraft is gonna be hard to dethrone.

Back