OneFC Signs with Turner Sports (TNT)

It's live on their app but shoulder programming and taped events on TNT

Oh I see. I will probably catch the TNT delayed versions then. They should create discussion threads for those with no spoilers in it.

It will be behind the paywall. Ariel is mistaken. TNT will air replays from time to time. All live events will be on the B/R Live app.

Aside from the replays, TNT will air some kind of ancillary content, reality shows, event hype shows, etc.

Edit: Just noticed Ariel corrected himself.

Welp. Guess there goes watching One.

Yeah it turned out not to really be as big of a deal as first thought. All behind the B/R Live Paywall. If they aren't airing them live on TNT got to imagine that means they will get awful time slots for replays.

Still something is better than nothing. Will help them grow but not by leaps and bounds. No non hardcores are going to pay to watch it on B/R Live.

The largest audience is casuals, so seeing it taped delayed will only affect the loud mouth minority viewers, who complain about everything. Funny how an Asian company is taking advantage of America's free enterprise system, hmmm. This is a good opportunity for One Championship in the American market because One Championship seems to be doing quite well in the Asian market.

Ted Turner called Dana White and said “Hey Dana, I’m getting into the human cockfighting business”

The pessimist in me says there's a chance ONE changes their rules to suit the US audience.
Only if they start having shows here. Then they have to. I doubt they'd do that to shows in Indonesia, or Philippines. The crowds there are already accustomed to the way things are.

So another service I’d have to subscribe to. So long, ONE. Nice knowing you.

Damn, I wish they’d ended up with DAZN.

it doesn't matter how good of a tv/stream deal they get. If the shows continue to be at 5 am on a Friday morning, I ain't watching.

Good! I never watched TNT, but I hope the fucking cable feed is reliable.

It's live on their app but shoulder programming and taped events on TNT
I saw one headline say "live events" and I saw another article suggest ONE FC App would be blacked out in regions that have TNT cable.

Are they gonna beat the UFCs ratings, for 83 weeks in a row now?
;)

I think there is a lot of truth to this way of thinking.

Consumers are only going to support so many of these streaming pay services. Before the cost savings of cord cutting becomes a wash or negative. Or just the whole system will start tget a black eye similar to what happen and is happening with traditional cable/satellite. Part of this is what makes the whole DAZN thing so interesting over the next few years to see if they can be sustainable with out hundred's of millions coming in from investors.

Somebody like One it seems to me they would benefit more from a DAZN deal than a TNT deal and so would the fans.

I think there is a lot of truth to this way of thinking.

Consumers are only going to support so many of these streaming pay services. Before the cost savings of cord cutting becomes a wash or negative. Or just the whole system will start tget a black eye similar to what happen and is happening with traditional cable/satellite. Part of this is what makes the whole DAZN thing so interesting over the next few years to see if they can be sustainable with out hundred's of millions coming in from investors.

Somebody like One it seems to me they would benefit more from a DAZN deal than a TNT deal and so would the fans.

I save by using free streaming on the net lol.

Paying for BR Live, no thanks. Then its just basically 12 UFC Unleashed kind of events highlighting a few fights throughout the year and nobody knows when those will air.

ITs something for US which isnt their primary market but its not this massive deal people first touted it as when it was announced.

It sounds like this will be in addition to them doing their fights live on the OneFC app. Seems like a good move for OneFC to get more exposure in the US.

It sounds like this will be in addition to them doing their fights live on the OneFC app. Seems like a good move for OneFC to get more exposure in the US.

Maybe for the rest of the world it will still be free on the app but not in US anymore, its gonna be on BR Live which costs money.

Back