One of the most beatiful KOs in history

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
This is, to this day one of my favorite KOs, and undoubtedly, one of the most beautiful, technical KOs in the history of combat sports....

In the Lineker fight last night i thought about this KO like 50 times... Because Kelleher had the opportunity to do this like 25 times... But never swong the elbow....

Gif form for those who don't want to watch the video..

weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif

tumblr_metxt2Gqti1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

It was beautiful..

That elbow was fucking perfect. I can' imagine we'll see too many similar ones again. Ortega vs Frankie is the only one that comes close

It was one of those strikes where you're like wtf happened until you see the replay. Beautiful elbow by The Chris.

Also, Rosenthal doing his best Mazzagatti/Yamasaki impression letting Munoz get beat into bolivion.

Rosenthal was channeling his inner Yamasaki that night

I read here in these forums back then that this card was the very first card that the Philippines TV aired for free, and has really put great effort in hyping this fight with Munoz, as if it was like Pacquiao is fighting. It went down as a humiliating loss for Munoz and after this, the UFC was never aired again for free in the Philippines.

The was the same elbow that Ortega rocked Edgar with. And he was hunting for it from the get go in that fight. Looks like he studied some tape of Weidman.

Gif form for those who don't want to watch the video..

weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif

tumblr_metxt2Gqti1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

It was beautiful..

I Knew anderson will have trouble will trouble fighting Cris because of that Munoz beat down.

Mark was dead at the moment.

Besides the left hook that caught Silva, thats Chris’s best shot hes landed.

The way he timed, parried, then landed it on the money was really good

PSA: Mute the vid or feel dumber. Just watch the gifs

Muñoz has a lot of nasty losses: Weidman, Machida, Hamill, Carneiro.

Poor guy

absolutely abysmal stoppage from referee Ivan Drago

I thought this was gonna be a machida front kick thread. I wouldn't have been mad, it was a nasty KO but it would have been a bit of hyperbole. This is too but still a wonderful KO so I'm not mad at all.

I read here in these forums back then that this card was the very first card that the Philippines TV aired for free, and has really put great effort in hyping this fight with Munoz, as if it was like Pacquiao is fighting. It went down as a humiliating loss for Munoz and after this, the UFC was never aired again for free in the Philippines.
Not trying to be that guy but when I was in the RP in 09/10 we were watching PPV cards on network TV (balls network) IIRC one of the events was Lesnar/Carwin...

Balls Network “we’ve got em” lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balls_(TV_channel)

Back