One Championship declares it will ‘swallow up’ UFC as battle for MMA supremacy intensifies

lagofala

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...k=54fc53de414655b74ec5590bb735d02d-1526631044

“We will surpass the NFL. The NFL is a single-country sport, played in America, a country with more than 325 million people.

“Asia, the home of martial arts, has 4.4 billion people. If 4.4 billion people download the app, I don’t think I’m going to have to worry.

“I was fortunate to spend 10 years on Wall Street as a head manager investing, buying and selling companies all over the world, so I have good perspective in terms of what it takes for a company to succeed.

Big words but damn Chatri is deluded.

Going to watch tonights One though.

Thats possibly even more hyperbolic than the shit Dana used to say.

And Asia might be the home of martial arts, but lets be honest, their fighters are not particularly great unless we're counting Russia. The talent level in One right now is nothing special.

Malcolm.wtf.gif

Well.....he seems rather over confident

However the lineup for the ONE card tonight shits all over the UFC card scheduled for the same arena next month.

He forgot that fightsports not for everyone

And Asia might be the home of martial arts, but lets be honest, their fighters are not particularly great unless we're counting Russia. The talent level in One right now is nothing special.
I hope you mean within mma? Because if we're talking striking Thailand is home to the best strikers in the world by far. Arguably the most skillful fighters in the world.

They're making some good moves. The free app is a good start. Pretty sure it's free on youtube too.

Chatri got the hookup for the good drugs.

Well.....he seems rather over confident

However the lineup for the ONE card tonight shits all over the UFC card scheduled for the same arena next month.
Yeah, but look at it this way: Singapore is just another stop for the UFC. It’s ONE’s home. The Singapore cards are make or break for them. Also, it’s not like this card is truly stacked. It’s “stacked” the same way the last Rizin card was: all the stars being set up to win.

Yeah, but look at it this way: Singapore is just another stop for the UFC. It’s ONE’s home. The Singapore cards are make or break for them. Also, it’s not like this card is truly stacked. It’s “stacked” the same way the last Rizin card was: all the stars being set up to win.
Agree.
They stack Singapore cards

UFC Asia cards are a slap in the face

That's why one is more popular than UFC in south east Asia. UFC don't care enough about Asian market...that's their mistake IMO.

UFC is focusing too much on North America in general. Have u seen the Chile card? Ouch

Agree.
They stack Singapore cards

UFC Asia cards are a slap in the face

That's why one is more popular than UFC in south east Asia. UFC don't care enough about Asian market...that's their mistake IMO.

UFC is focusing too much on North America in general. Have u seen the Chile card? Ouch
Organizations are gonna focus on the places that make them money, usually their home countries.

UFC focuses on North America, because the average North American has more money to spend than the average Asian in Thailand or Myanmar.

Agreed. Not saying that they don't have some talent, but I wouldnt be shocked if ACB or LFA could send fighters to beat almost all of their champs.
With LFA i would be very shocked, i mean.. LFA is just a feeder league, nothing special.

Now ACB? They probably have as many top lv fighters as Bellator does, lol..

Organizations are gonna focus on the places that make them money, usually their home countries.

UFC focuses on North America, because the average North American has more money to spend than the average Asian in Thailand or Myanmar.

Understand their reasons but it is short sighted IMO.

They are putting people off. Hendo vs Bisping in Manchester started at like 3am or some shit.
Ridiculous

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...k=54fc53de414655b74ec5590bb735d02d-1526631044

“We will surpass the NFL. The NFL is a single-country sport, played in America, a country with more than 325 million people.

“Asia, the home of martial arts, has 4.4 billion people. If 4.4 billion people download the app, I don’t think I’m going to have to worry.

“I was fortunate to spend 10 years on Wall Street as a head manager investing, buying and selling companies all over the world, so I have good perspective in terms of what it takes for a company to succeed.

Big words but damn Chatri is deluded.

Going to watch tonights One though.

Man, that was a brutally stupid interview but that's pretty much par for the course with Chatri's superbole. Yes, 4.4 billion people, including all of the 80 year old grandparents and babies are going to be downloading your app. Nevermind the line about half of them (2 billion) buying a One shirt once per year. Jesus, where's that Billy Madison quote?

With LFA i would be very shocked, i mean.. LFA is just a feeder league, nothing special.

Now ACB? They probably have as many top lv fighters as Bellator does, lol..

This is true, ACB is definitely a level above when you look at the roster as a total package.

People complain about One fighters being overrated but I don't see it happen a lot here. The people who usually watch and respond on these forums are pretty grounded and recognise the limitations of One and its roster. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy it though.

The biggest problem I have with One is that its mismatch central. They market their biggest draws so hard to the point they are feeding them basically amateur fighters

Back