ONE Championship™: Dynasty of Heroes

Can't tell if for real or not. That is about a 450k car according to twitter commenters.

Well the word is she missed weight again....I don't have a concrete source for this one like I did for when she missed against V.V though so could just be hearsay. I wonder if there are any ways to contact someone from Istela's team to see what they have to say.
<{hughesimpress}>

No wonder they don't have public weigh ins.

Damn!

It would take Ben 20 fights in the UFC to save up for that.

Steering wheel is on the wrong side so he will have to sell the thing i'd guess? Would think its a rental, but would you put those kinda decals on a rental?

Damn!

It would take Ben 20 fights in the UFC to save up for that.

He certainly made the right financial decision.
Askren is awesome as fuck, but I do regret not being able to see him against the elite. Can't fault the guy for wanting money and respect, though. Dana burned that bridge himself.

He certainly made the right financial decision.
Askren is awesome as fuck, but I do regret not being able to see him against the elite. Can't fault the guy for wanting money and respect, though. Dana burned that bridge himself.
Yeah, he made the right choice.

Would have liked to have heard him make fun of Santos but pretty good.

How is EVOLVE MMA not an elite fight camp? She goes there like every 2 weeks...and when she not there, shes training early morning until the last class of the day at her gym. She cross trains with a lot of people who visits her gym as well. I took a trial class there and Kailin Curran, Rachel Ostovich and her brother (he fights as well but I forgot his name) went there to cross train. Same type of stuff Max Halloway does.

Angela and Christian get better and maybe them going off to a place thats out of their comfort level could be a detriment. Sage Northcutt training at Tristar.
EVOLVE is more of a network for fighters than a stable housing like ATT or Renzo's. Plus it's more for rich people to train MMA than for fighters to train and develop.

Angela...Has a lot of work to do. She should not even be talking about a fight with Joanna with her current skill set. I also do not seeing it improving much training the way she does now(AKA with her family). Terrible striking and even worse striking defense with her Takedowns coming from upper body clinches to throws that seems she tries to out muscle the girls she fights. Also has some fundamental flows in her finishes for her subs as well. The brazilian girl literally put her self in the twister and Angela could not finish(Clamped to far on the hip and never slid her foot down to the calf). Really seems like she just over powers these girls and toughs out the bad spots she gets in. Imagine her fighting someone like Gadellha or Andrade.

Angela just seems like another Ronda but with their now currently being a pool of talent that can smash her but being in the wrong org to get exposed.

Thani winning would help to justify some of my questionable life decisions in regards to late night low level Malaysian amateur MMA viewing. Been watching him since his MIMMA days
Aahhh...mimma.Where every middle weight fighter and up are just flabby malaysians addicted to teh tarik.

Aahhh...mimma.Where every middle weight fighter and up are just flabby malaysians addicted to teh tarik.
That malay looked like he cut 50 lbs....he wasn't in the fight at all. And Askren....yet another American scrub dominating in Asia. ;)

Angela...Has a lot of work to do. She should not even be talking about a fight with Joanna with her current skill set. I also do not seeing it improving much training the way she does now(AKA with her family). Terrible striking and even worse striking defense with her Takedowns coming from upper body clinches to throws that seems she tries to out muscle the girls she fights. Also has some fundamental flows in her finishes for her subs as well. The brazilian girl literally put her self in the twister and Angela could not finish(Clamped to far on the hip and never slid her foot down to the calf). Really seems like she just over powers these girls and toughs out the bad spots she gets in. Imagine her fighting someone like Gadellha or Andrade.

Angela just seems like another Ronda but with their now currently being a pool of talent that can smash her but being in the wrong org to get exposed.

Interesting analysis. I was wondering why the twister wasn't working. I was thinking "No way this girl's back is that flexible.

I would be very interesting to see Angela tested in the deeper (top15) of the strawweight division. Alas, likely never going to happen, and her ego will keep inflating.

The MW tournament always comes down to who actually looks like an athlete lol. It's pretty entertaining in a way that only the lowest levels of MMA can be though.

Anyone think Bigdash will be able to give Askren a good fight? I haven't watched him much.

EVOLVE is more of a network for fighters than a stable housing like ATT or Renzo's. Plus it's more for rich people to train MMA than for fighters to train and develop.
They have a shit load of credible trainers to learn from.

So I just saw on Facebook, Angela shared a screen cap of a quote from Chatri's, talking about Lee having a "severe case of pneumonia" diagnosed 10 days out from the fight, then goes on to talk about heart of a champion, bla bla bla. So what kind of irresponsible fucks don't have medical checks that can detect this and put a halt to the fight? What kind of irresponsible fucks lets someone who's supposedly that sick fight? Probably more bullshit from #1 bullshit guy, but who knows.

Well the word is she missed weight again....I don't have a concrete source for this one like I did for when she missed against V.V though so could just be hearsay. I wonder if there are any ways to contact someone from Istela's team to see what they have to say.

<{hughesimpress}>

No wonder they don't have public weigh ins.

Now that I think about this some more, I noticed that in the days leading up to her last fight, she looked increasingly depleted/dehydrated in the days leading up to her last weigh-in against Lee, which was pretty suspicious for someone who supposedly can't cut water weight. She didn't look that way at all this past week. Maybe she really was sick, and couldn't cut the water weight she's not supposed to be cutting in the first place?

So I just saw on Facebook, Angela shared a screen cap of a quote from Chatri's, talking about Lee having a "severe case of pneumonia" diagnosed 10 days out from the fight, then goes on to talk about heart of a champion, bla bla bla. So what kind of irresponsible fucks don't have medical checks that can detect this and put a halt to the fight? What kind of irresponsible fucks lets someone who's supposedly that sick fight? Probably more bullshit from #1 bullshit guy, but who knows.

Now that I think about this some more, I noticed that in the days leading up to her last fight, she looked increasingly depleted/dehydrated in the days leading up to her last weigh-in against Lee, which was pretty suspicious for someone who supposedly can't cut water weight. She didn't look that way at all this past week. Maybe she really was sick, and couldn't cut the water weight she's not supposed to be cutting in the first place?
<6>

Chatri should probably quit speaking on behalf of ONE, Cui is as full of shit but at least he has some sense when he speaks. The word on her missing weight was that it took her 6 tries to finally make it, pretty fucked up on ONE's part if that and the pneumonia things are true, especially considering the death they had at weigh ins. Also I'm 99.9% certain Angela cuts weight, she does not walk around at 115 or even near it, for past fights she weighed in the 120's the week of the event.

<6>

Chatri should probably quit speaking on behalf of ONE, Cui is as full of shit but at least he has some sense when he speaks. The word on her missing weight was that it took her 6 tries to finally make it, pretty fucked up on ONE's part if that and the pneumonia things are true, especially considering the death they had at weigh ins. Also I'm 99.9% certain Angela cuts weight, she does not walk around at 115 or even near it, for past fights she weighed in the 120's the week of the event.
Agreed about Chatri, and Angela cutting weights. I think she definitely has potential, but iron sharpens iron, and she's fighting smaller girls who are pewter in comparison. I'd like to see someone like Livinha Souza take a fight in ONE, just to see how Angela fares against a mid level world caliber 115 opponent. Actually, comparing a common opponent in vv Mei, I bet Hamasaki would be a tough fight for her.

Think I'm gonna pass on going to UFC next month, it's overpriced. Double the cost of this event.

Dude, there are 3 ex UFC champs, the former Strikeforce champ, the ex Pride champ. You have
1. the woman who beat Ronda Rousey in Holly Holm,
2. Arlovski perhaps for one of the last times,
3. the Korean Stun Gun,
4. Motherf**kin RDA who beat the shit out of Cowboy Cerrone, Showtime Pettis, Benson Henderson, Nate Diaz (who beat a certain Irishman) and survived 5 rounds in the FOTN against Tony Ferguson.
5. Takanori Gomi.

You think these points aren't at least double the price of the admission for Angela Lee and Ben Askren? Come on.

Dude, there are 3 ex UFC champs, the former Strikeforce champ, the ex Pride champ. You have
1. the woman who beat Ronda Rousey in Holly Holm,
2. Arlovski perhaps for one of the last times,
3. the Korean Stun Gun,
4. Motherf**kin RDA who beat the shit out of Cowboy Cerrone, Showtime Pettis, Benson Henderson, Nate Diaz (who beat a certain Irishman) and survived 5 rounds in the FOTN against Tony Ferguson.
5. Takanori Gomi.

You think these points aren't at least double the price of the admission for Angela Lee and Ben Askren? Come on.

Yes you are right, it is much better.
Still a bit annoyed about getting a 4th tier UFC card full of has-beens on losing streaks.

Might go just for Gomi who is one of my MMA heroes

Back