On Today’s Episode of “Is It Racist?”

I prefer Ms. Osaka...

SpNjNjoQBOVG7MtHDGavjngTOl18TiQNQVozb1pS6ZzMa2hGZvfPdd3LIIF5CQa9VN7ZGDvuiLkPGjKJISE6VA=s750

So do I.

I seems racist on first look, but on further reflection, I keep thinking 'how else would you caricature her'?

I dont think it is. Thats kinda what she looks like.

usp-tennis_-us-open-5-e1536444785671.jpg

DmtUvwfU0AAgMYg.jpg

Should they have white washed her or something ?
Wait...is that the "racist" cartoon?

What exactly is racist about it?

I can't even confirm if that's the cartoon since Twitter apparently decided to flush it down the memory hole.

How did they white wash the Asian player? Her hair is bleached and they didn’t really draw her facial features.
Williams has thrown temper tantrums on the court many times before, not only versus a Haitian-Japanese-American opponent.

But with whites the caricatures are never exaggerated to the same extreme.

caeeeb9859_alberto_russo_rollingstone.jpg

See how the artist didn't go completely over the top with Mick's big lips?

Mick Jagger is an ugly motherfucker with big ass lips, Mick Jaggers lips are so big black people be goin' "you got some big ass lips"

- Some racist from the 80's

She was acting in a ridiculous way so the artist drew her in a ridiculous way. Not racist. Plus, Osaka's skin color was nearly the same as Serena's in the drawing. Racism doe.

Nothing about it is racist. A shame how he was treated due to this.

It's racist if everybody says so.

I wonder why people never threw a fit over the Obama caricatures? Surely they were every bit as offensive as this particular cartoon? That is, if we judge based on the standard of drawing a black person with exaggerated features, which is kind of a common thing in drawing caricatures.

0c753e5a778bbb2c71ec1db775bf1051.jpg

obama-caricature-drawing-56.jpg

Perhaps people should avoid drawing caricatures of minorities to avoid such "mishaps". Perhaps they ought to just stick to drawing caricatures about Trump, to avoid hurting anyone's (but the big Orange's) feelings:

donald-trump-nazis.jpg

donald-trump-caricature-720x596.jpg

Mick Jagger is an ugly motherfucker with big ass lips, Mick Jaggers lips are so big black people be goin' "you got some big ass lips"

- Some racist from the 80's
That was Eddie Murphy bud.

That was Eddie Murphy bud.

Well then this Eddie Murphy character used a racist stereotype of African Americans as a punchline for his silly joke and he should be forced to publicly apologize to the African American community for his bigotry.

I don't know man, I guess some people will look more ridiculous than others if drawn in a caricature.

Last edited:
more like 'in this episode of 'you have to walk on egg shells while you're doing something that involves blacks/minorities for fear of being called racist' .. so now you have to be sweating bricks while drawing a comic with a black character for fear that the features aren't just perfect and 'nonracist' lol .. nothing racist about this .. just a fkn comic depicting a petulant brat .. no one even knows what 'racism' means now .. if I were this comic, I'd tell all the race baiters to go fuck themselves

more like 'in this episode of 'you have to walk on egg shells while you're doing something that involves blacks/minorities for fear of being called racist' .. so now you have to be sweating bricks while drawing a comic with a black character for fear that the features aren't just perfect and 'nonracist' lol .. nothing racist about this .. just a fkn comic depicting a petulant brat .. no one even knows what 'racism' means now .. if I were this comic, I'd tell all the race baiters to go fuck themselves

Idiocracy-Baitin.gif

Curious to hear from any black posters: does shit like this feel patronizing or condescending?

I mean Serena's behaviour was ridiculous. Doesn't it feel a little condescending as a black person to have white liberals basically shield you from any criticism?

Back