On this day 2 years ago, Conor McGregor shocked the world..

Nobody was giving out about size before the fight. It was noted, but it was only after the fight it became an issue.

The folk trying to discredit him after the fight and even now, is hilarious.

Again: listen to his own words. Listen to how Conor described Aldo's physique. He said it himself he was fighting a physically inferior fighter: are you going to argue with Conor's own words?

Beating smaller weaker opponents is NOT impressive.

Yup. Conor's only fight at FW under full implementation of USADA rules.

His next 2 fights back to back were at WW. Just a coincidence I'm sure.

by knocking out P4P #1 Jose Aldo in 13 seconds making UFC history.

Keep living in the past, buddeh. That’s all you have with that guy.

giphy.gif

not really, was an even money fight or so, i went with conor and won

Again: listen to his own words. Listen to how Conor described Aldo's physique. He said it himself he was fighting a physically inferior fighter: are you going to argue with Conor's own words?

Beating smaller weaker opponents is NOT impressive.

I heard what he said. I also heard what Aldo said. And that's their thing.

As far as fans go, looking to try and discredit the win. Here's what I thought before the fight;

Conor would be the best striker that Aldo had fought and had a very good chance of winning. Or Aldo could use his speed to get a take down and try submit Conor.

When Conor said Aldo was sloppy and wild, the whole 'disrespect' and 'not taking Aldo seriously' chatter started. There's probably a bit of truth in that as seen what Aldo was doing and caught him bang on the money. It's probably one of the reasons people are obsessive about Conor on here, beating Aldo, who has a lot of fans (here)

Some of the active fighters, pundits, HARDCORE FANS on here didn't give Conor a chance because Aldo was undefeated for so long - which means nothing, come fight time - and now the win is tainted because Aldo was a smaller, weaker opponent?

Conversely, you could say Conor was drained by the weight cut and was at a disadvantage. They both signed up to fight, one fighter won, the other won lost. That's MMA. The way folk go on you'd think Conor cut 40lbs for the fight and is the only fighter to cut weight.

Get over it already.

Keep living in the past, buddeh. That’s all you have with that guy.

giphy.gif
You're acting like he's retired. He's only 29 and has four fights left in his contract. Conor is an ambitious person do you think he's gonna walk away from all this just because of money? Fighting is in his blood. He will walk away eventually but not anytime soon.

What a shame that he retired 4 month and 7 days later, making his FW title reign the same length as GDR's(because of the leap year).

*yawn* Zuffa used him to prop the sale for WME after Rousey fell through. He's a decent fighter, but I legitimately don't give a shit if this dude ever comes back. TS is either trolling or really needs to find better things to do with his time than sucking the nuts of some dude he's never even gonna meet. "I'm Conor's #1 fan, yaaaaaayy." Nobody cares TS *insert Nedry gif*.

My jaw almost hit the MGM floor. The Irish has quite the party after

Also on this day 2 years ago you were a 22 year old virgin... and still are at 24 years of age 2 years later.

Yup. Conor's only fight at FW under full implementation of USADA rules.

His next 2 fights back to back were at WW. Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Lol. Don't go there. That dude is 170lbs soaking wet. He weighed in at 168.

His next fight was supposed to be fighting the 155lb champ.

so fucking crazy! Aldo was viewed as one of the p4p goats at the time. And it only took him thurteen seconds

Back