Olympic wrestler vs Olympic wrestler Cormier vs Yoel who you got?

moneybags7

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I think Cormier handles Yoel via better cardio and good boxing. DC by decision...

DC wins via UD.

I have Olympic wrestler by split Draw.

dc has better mma wrestling

Daniels work rate is way too high for Yoel.

It's not even a contest at all.

A wrestler with cardio is Yoels kryptonite.

DC. All day every day.

I tweeted this idea to Romero and DC once and Romero “liked” it. With little more effort than a finger press he gained a fan for life lol.

DC via decision or late stoppage. Better boxing, vastly higher workrate, better cardio, in addition to a size advantage.

Yoel would beat him a wrestling match though.

DC sticks to Yoel like glue and doesn't give a chance for his trademark explosiveness to shine.

DC is also too smart to let his guard down against a killer like Yoel in the later rounds.

Especially with the size advantage I gotta gotta give it to DC.

Would this fight make a lot of money? I doubt it.

Romero got better wrestling,was more varitety of strikes,way better striking defense and hit harder.
Dc got better cardio, dirty boxing, and bigger
The answer should be obvious,Dc would get toyed by romero

How about Olympic Gold Medalist vs Olympic Silver Medalist

Henry Cejudo vs Yoel Romero

Make it happen!

DC all day. He has a way way faster pace, pushes the action, and is an all out grinder. Those characteristics are Yoel's kryptonite. And DC is way to big and skilled to be effected by Yoel's explosiveness.

In pure wrasslin: Yomero easily. DC would agree
In an MMA fight: DC, by decision. Tires Yomero out.

I have a simple theory as to why DC would win this fight...
Yoel’s style right now is attacking with strikes in short, explosive bursts... which result in a lot of highlights and KO’s. DC has proven to have an iron chin outside of the Jones head kick that he leaned in to. A pumped up 185er - no matter how freakishly athletic he is, will never KO DC - Cormier would out work Yoel and either get a late stoppage or a 49-46 UD IMO

DC wins 8 times out of 10. Yoel knocks him out twice
Yoel has scary power, but he's still a mw. DC got launched by Rumble and bounced right back to his feet. His one ko loss came from ducking directly into Jones' shin. I don't see it.

Jones has FAR better MMA wrestling and he made DC look like a chump...and I think Yoel would make DCs wrestling look even worse.
Yoel has been taken down several times, and rarely looks for the TD himself. And he's nowhere near Jones height and reach, the weapons that allowed Jones to out wrestle DC.

Back