Media Old Trafford 2 host rematch

Few points here. Firstly, Wilder was only willing to travel to Russia for the Povetkin fight because Povetkin's promoter won the purse bid and it was a mandatory defense. Wilder would have been stripped of his title if he didn't. First chance they got to back out they took, and Povetkin successfully sued for unjustly doing so.

Secondly, if you compare the US PPV for Fury Wilder to the UK PPV for Joshua Klitschko, you will see that the UK can generate higher numbers.
Wilder Fury sold 325,000 roughly at $75 which works out as $24,375,000. Joshua Klitschko did 1,532,000 UK buys at £19.95, earning £30,563,400 which equates to $38,874,841.56. Throw in the fact that Old Trafford has a capacity of circa 75,000 and the time difference is more friendly for Americans.

For me personally I would prefer it in the US because it's better time difference wise for where I live.

Fury doesnt sell well in his own fucking garden, he has to travel to get fights, much like BJS does as his style is not considered attractive to the general boxing public.

The Wilder-Fury rematch, i dont think will happen in the UK, as there is little market for it as Fury isnt popular, and Wilder is Wilder.

Its less than an hours drive for me, and i still wouldnt bother going.

Are you living under a rock or what?

He's a united fan, last week he was at the United vs Arsenal game at OT and the crowd was chanting "there's only one Tyson fury"
They wouldn't book it if they couldn't sell it. Fury is already very famous, and recently he is very well liked.

Also, Fury has already sold out a stadium earlier this year in northern Ireland (a place with a tiny population) for a 10 round non title fight against an unknown. Granted it was a much smaller stadium.

The Wilder fight would sell out any venue in the UK easily. It's a much bigger than Joshua vs Parker or Povetkin which sold out massive stadiums.

Few points here. Firstly, Wilder was only willing to travel to Russia for the Povetkin fight because Povetkin's promoter won the purse bid and it was a mandatory defense. Wilder would have been stripped of his title if he didn't. First chance they got to back out they took, and Povetkin successfully sued for unjustly doing so.

Secondly, if you compare the US PPV for Fury Wilder to the UK PPV for Joshua Klitschko, you will see that the UK can generate higher numbers.
Wilder Fury sold 325,000 roughly at $75 which works out as $24,375,000. Joshua Klitschko did 1,532,000 UK buys at £19.95, earning £30,563,400 which equates to $38,874,841.56. Throw in the fact that Old Trafford has a capacity of circa 75,000 and the time difference is more friendly for Americans.

For me personally I would prefer it in the US because it's better time difference wise for where I live.

A Wilder/Fury rematch in the US likely breaks 1 million in PPV sales at $75 and it would garner a really big site fee in Vegas. It's a more lucrative fight in the US, but I still think it will happen in the UK (and I kind of want it to happen in the UK, as well).

Huh? I'm neither racist or ignorant.

As an amateur, Fury represented England as well as Ireland after tracing his family lineage to relatives in Belfast and Galway.

His family is of Irish Traveller heritage.[7] His paternal grandfather was from Tuam, County Galway, which is also the birthplace of his father, John Fury.[8] The Furys of Galway are ultimately of Gaelic origin, deriving their present name from Ó Fiodhabhra.[9] His maternal grandmother is from County Tipperary and his mother was born in Belfast.

-

Travellers are often referred to by the terms tinkers,[80] gipsies/gypsies,[81] itinerants, or, pejoratively, knackers[82] in Ireland.

Throwing round the word tinker is as wise as throwing around the word gypo.

Go to the next traveller you see an call him a tinker.

Good luck.

Unrelated, but how much would season tickets for Man U set you back?

Unrelated, but how much would season tickets for Man U set you back?
Cheapest £532 and most expensive is £950. Arsenal tend to come out with the most expensive season tickets every year.

Cheapest £532 and most expensive is £950. Arsenal tend to come out with the most expensive season tickets every year.

Wow I guess not winning anything of significance is quite a good racket down there in London.

Are you living under a rock or what?

He's a united fan, last week he was at the United vs Arsenal game at OT and the crowd was chanting "there's only one Tyson fury"
They wouldn't book it if they couldn't sell it. Fury is already very famous, and recently he is very well liked.

Also, Fury has already sold out a stadium earlier this year in northern Ireland (a place with a tiny population) for a 10 round non title fight against an unknown. Granted it was a much smaller stadium.

The Wilder fight would sell out any venue in the UK easily. It's a much bigger than Joshua vs Parker or Povetkin which sold out massive stadiums.

You mean the stadium that Carl Frampton sold out and Fury was fighting on the undercard??

It was well known that his team had to give tickets away when he fought at the Manchester Arena, which has a capacity of 21,000 and they had to GIVE tickets away to get 15,000 people to turn up.

Dont talk out your arse when you dont know what your talking about.

Back