Old Bas Rutten street self-defense video. Best I've ever seen. (NOT the funny one. The real one)

I have the Bas Rutten lethal street fighting one(it was made into the funny one)

No bullshit I had that happen to me. I was piss drunk and I heard a loud CLINK sound and looked and realized this asshole had bonked me with a beer bottle. Didn't hurt me at all. Didn't break the bottle either (those things are harder to break than movies make it seem). So I made him pay for that :D

My point is don't trust that bonking somebody with a bottle will necessarily hurt them at all. You're better off punching them or choking them from behind. Or kicking their legs out from under them and mounting them. Or picking them up and slamming them on concrete.
If you don't break the bottle over someone's head you aren't nearly mad enough to be attempting to do so.

I've always thought there was a strong resemblance between a prime Bas and Colin Farrell. Specifically when Colin played Bullseye in the terrible Daredevil movie. With his sense of humor, I'm surprised Bas hasn't had more of an presence in Hollywood. Or maybe it's just not something he wants to pursue? Anyway, long live Bas Rutten!

The funny one of Bas basically had all the sneaky nasty stuff, I laughed hard at it but wouldn't have been funny if I was on the receiving end of a Bas Beat down, heard he could be pretty vicious in real life.

There's a great story of Bas knocking Paul Varleans through a glass window at a bar, simply because Bas was staggering drunk and about to fall down, and Paul grabbed his shirt to keep him from falling. Bas got PISSED because he wrinkled his shirt, lol. "you don't do that to....El Guapo."

Same thing happened to me but the guy connected the bottle to the bottom of my chin, bottle also didn't break and I stayed up (got one dig in before the bouncers split it up). I wasn't as lucky though, Jaw was killing for about a week. He got a good swing going with it.

Damn that sucks dude. I got lucky with mine I guess. Dude caught me on top of the head with his bottle. I'm a skate punk and was used to falling on concrete all day long for years, so that shit didn't hurt at all. Had a knot there the next day though, and that didn't feel too good lol.

If you don't break the bottle over someone's head you aren't nearly mad enough to be attempting to do so.

I sort of agree. The guy was a bitch in my case because it was a sucker shot I didn't even know was coming. Dude was acting all cool and all of a sudden BONK from behind. But that shit happens when a bunch of young dudes are drinking and there are girls around, ya know? I retaliated once I realized what he did, and it got broken up after 1 punch. I found him the next night and broke his nose. Had him on all fours on the ground and soccer kicked the shit out of his face about 10 times. His nose was pouring blood all over the damn place. The SP's (Air Force MP's) showed up and said it looked like a murder scene (swear to God this is all the truth, unfortunately), but the dude started even talking shit to them, and they were laughing at him. I spent the night in jail, lol. Didn't get in any trouble though, since dude I fought ended up refusing to take a mandatory piss test (they make you do that when you have an incident like that) and they made him do it anyway, and he had mdma and all kinds of other drugs in his system. Long story short, he started shit, I broke his nose, he got kicked out of the military, and I got in zero trouble. lol good times, man. :D

There's a great story of Bas knocking Paul Varleans through a glass window at a bar, simply because Bas was staggering drunk and about to fall down, and Paul grabbed his shirt to keep him from falling. Bas got PISSED because he wrinkled his shirt, lol. "you don't do that to....El Guapo."

That is crazy, I could just imagine me going up to Baz drunk and pissing him off accidentally :p

Damn that sucks dude. I got lucky with mine I guess. Dude caught me on top of the head with his bottle. I'm a skate punk and was used to falling on concrete all day long for years, so that shit didn't hurt at all. Had a knot there the next day though, and that didn't feel too good lol.

Cheers man but it wasn't that bad, I am also used to being banged up, didn't even flinch when he did it just the next day hungover I was like WTF, I am a big dude that rarely backs down with a drink in him so I had a few Hangovers nursing war wounds :p

I sort of agree. The guy was a bitch in my case because it was a sucker shot I didn't even know was coming. :D

I find that is often the case, only happened to me the once but seen a few bar fights kick off like this (Or with a pint glass threw at someone) most of the time its a scrawny assed bitch that ends up being put down.

I find that is often the case, only happened to me the once but seen a few bar fights kick off like this (Or with a pint glass threw at someone) most of the time its a scrawny assed bitch that ends up being put down.

tumblr_n91twpKBPV1st1fiuo1_r2_400.gif

6HxyODM.gif

Do yourself a favor and watch all of Ze Mario's vale tudo DVDs. Thank me later.

Minus the ultraviolence, I agree.

The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking.
This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking.
This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
One of my favorite opening lines.
Burgess was great.

Bas is the man. Thanks for sharing

He also did a funny one called The Wanting Seed.
I've not read it in many years, but it was hilarious how he saw society becoming.

He also did a funny one called The Wanting Seed.
I've not read it in many years, but it was hilarious how he saw society becoming.

Haven't read it actually. Looking it up now. Thanks!

Geoff Thompson, by far, the best self defence instructor out there.
While others are preaching techniques, he is the only one to show the people what really matters the mindset and the psyychology behind everything. As one of the other posters said, most people will just freeze instantaneously and all the self defence dvd videos out there would have been for nothing...

I'd probably be gassed from grabbing their leg like that haha.

Geoff Thompson, by far, the best self defence instructor out there.
While others are preaching techniques, he is the only one to show the people what really matters the mindset and the psyychology behind everything. As one of the other posters said, most people will just freeze instantaneously and all the self defence dvd videos out there would have been for nothing...

I had said that about freezing. I got to say I had never heard Geoff before but even after a few minutes I can tell it is more realistic and you can tell he has been in proper situations. He mentions adrenaline and yeah it is a fecker in those situations, a few drinks and then the adrenaline kicks in a situation I might as well be coked up. It was only the other day on Sherdog I was explaining grappling on the floor is terrible for real fights (Mainly because a lot of people are scum bags and the guy could have friends to come kick the shit out of you, or even the guy below you will bite/scrab/eye poke).

He also says something I try to tell younger ones, best self defence is being able to walk away, though being big and confident enough is part of it. You got to show you can scrap if needed but they aren't worth your time, also knowing when you can walk away and making sure you still see them in your peripheral vision as some people will run at you as soon as you turn your back.

I sort of agree. The guy was a bitch in my case because it was a sucker shot I didn't even know was coming. Dude was acting all cool and all of a sudden BONK from behind. But that shit happens when a bunch of young dudes are drinking and there are girls around, ya know? I retaliated once I realized what he did, and it got broken up after 1 punch. I found him the next night and broke his nose. Had him on all fours on the ground and soccer kicked the shit out of his face about 10 times. His nose was pouring blood all over the damn place. The SP's (Air Force MP's) showed up and said it looked like a murder scene (swear to God this is all the truth, unfortunately), but the dude started even talking shit to them, and they were laughing at him. I spent the night in jail, lol. Didn't get in any trouble though, since dude I fought ended up refusing to take a mandatory piss test (they make you do that when you have an incident like that) and they made him do it anyway, and he had mdma and all kinds of other drugs in his system. Long story short, he started shit, I broke his nose, he got kicked out of the military, and I got in zero trouble. lol good times, man. :D
lol

But yea, I just feel like if I get to the point where I'm pissed off enough to want to swing a bottle at someone's head it is damn sure breaking at that point lmao. The dude you were dealing with sounds like a real clown. Was he wearing an affliction shirt??

lol

But yea, I just feel like if I get to the point where I'm pissed off enough to want to swing a bottle at someone's head it is damn sure breaking at that point lmao. The dude you were dealing with sounds like a real clown. Was he wearing an affliction shirt??

lol no but he did go around saying "I'm from tha streets dawg! LA dawg!" lol

I had said that about freezing. I got to say I had never heard Geoff before but even after a few minutes I can tell it is more realistic and you can tell he has been in proper situations. He mentions adrenaline and yeah it is a fecker in those situations, a few drinks and then the adrenaline kicks in a situation I might as well be coked up. It was only the other day on Sherdog I was explaining grappling on the floor is terrible for real fights (Mainly because a lot of people are scum bags and the guy could have friends to come kick the shit out of you, or even the guy below you will bite/scrab/eye poke).

He also says something I try to tell younger ones, best self defence is being able to walk away, though being big and confident enough is part of it. You got to show you can scrap if needed but they aren't worth your time, also knowing when you can walk away and making sure you still see them in your peripheral vision as some people will run at you as soon as you turn your back.

Exactly. I am a personal trainer at a gym and I do some cardio kickboxing sessions with some of my clients in order for them to lose weight. Sometimes they really ask me, well how can i defend myself on the streets? You are a guy experienced in martial arts, show me some self defence moves! Most of the time they are women.

My answer is really.... Get a pepper spray. One of the easiest most effective things to do. I try to teach them that "Self defence" the way these guys (And sadly Bas too) is teaching does NOT exist. I cannot just show you a technique no matter how good it is and you will walk down the streets and if somebody attacks you, you will just use the technique shown and have sucessfully defended yourself. Sadly, it does not work... You are just being robbed of your money...
The instant that an attacker will come at any of my woman clients, they will be frozen in terror and any techniques that i might have taught them, no matter how good, even if Bas himself would have taught them, will be instantly forgotten and most of the time they will do 100% nothing and just be a victim....

I say, honey, the bad thing about this is that in order to learn to properly defend yourself you need to become a fighter... Boxer, wrestler, judoka, jiujitsu, real martial arts. But you need to spar, to fight, to hold your own and become so good that you can beat skilled fighters and people with more size and strength than you. ONLY then you can properly self defend yourself in any case on the street. Rant ended :))

Back