OK, we get it, Ronda was overhyped

12 straight wins all finishes. 11 in the 1st round. 9 in less than a minute. 3 of the fighters that beat Nunes, Ronda beat in less than 30 seconds.

She was not overhyped. She was legit.
She was overhyped. It's one thing to to promote her as one of the most, if not the most dominant champion in UFC's history. It's a totally different thing stating that she's a once in life time athlete (or a once ever, as Rogan said). Not to mention that claims of her KOing boxing champs, dropping them with body shots during sparring etc.

Ronda was what she was. I think she was probably responsible for the UFC getting sold for the amount it did. Conor is a bigger star now, but that sale was in the works for a while now, and I think it was Ronda's cross over appeal that really upped the stakes. With that being said, I have no issue with the backlash she's facing now, or people calling out legit issues, whether they be in her decision making skills or holes in her game. Leading up to UFC 193 she was the biggest thing in MMA, a decent amount of the backlash now is how they decided to present her at 207. Basically it was like they said: lets just run the same promo scheme as before, and it didn't match with reality. She wasn't invincible, or the best anymore, but WME sure ran the lead up to 207 like she still was. Their basic ad campaign was Ronda V Cardboard cutout, and it backfired. Now they need to play catch up in promoting Nunes or pray to jeebus that Conor clones himself so he can headline every other UFC ppv

Indeed, didn't do them any favours cutting Nunez out of it, she was the champion at the end of the day, yet they acted ike this was some gimme comeback fight for Rousy

She was overhyped. It's one thing to to promote her as one of the most, if not the most dominant champion in UFC's history. It's a totally different thing stating that she's a once in life time athlete (or a once ever, as Rogan said). Not to mention that claims of her KOing boxing champs, dropping them with body shots during sparring etc.

Yeah but Rogan said that shit, at the end of the day I could name so called world champs in boxing who don't have the relative top wins that Rousey does, that was my only point, you'd think she only ever beat bums and drunks dragged out of the local pub the way people go on now

She was over-hyped. And she's a cunt and drew all the hate she got. Don't cry.

Yeah but Rogan said that shit, at the end of the day I could name so called world champs in boxing who don't have the relative top wins that Rousey does, that was my only point, you'd think she only ever beat bums and drunks dragged out of the local pub the way people go on now
Rogan wasn't the only one hyping her up by saying stupid shit, Dana did as well. The point is that Ronda was overhyped. That's just a fact.

Back