OK, we get it, Ronda was overhyped

Consequences of what? getting beat?
When people are saying you could beat Floyd Mayweather, calling you a once ever athlete, the greatest female athlete ever, claiming that after mma you could dominate boxing, calling you the most dominate athlete on the planet. People for being upset when they find out they fell victim to a lie. Those are the consequences I am talking about.

She's a diva, she needs to get over herself, but fucking hell she wasn't a nobody, she beat some good women, fucking Nunez lost by stoppage to girls Rousey beat in record time, I knew improvements and styles make fights etc but ffs, give her a break
There is so much favoritism towards strikers and striking that it's sickening.

There is ZERO chance that if Ronda was a striker who had wins over grapplers and WINS USING GRAPPLING over top 5 opponents, and then lost badly to 2 other grapplers, she would be viewed as badly and considered to be as "exposed."

Here's some perspective. This is from the perspective of somebody sitting cage side:

GettyImages-497205912.0.jpg

Wow you really hate her huh?

When people are saying you could beat Floyd Mayweather, calling you a once ever athlete, the greatest female athlete ever, claiming that after mma you could dominate boxing, calling you the most dominate athlete on the planet. People for being upset when they find out they fell victim to a lie. Those are the consequences I am talking about.

It's not her fault, at the end of the day al that happened to her was she went in to fight, got hit, and got beat

There is so much favoritism towards strikers and striking that it's sickening.

There is ZERO chance that if Ronda was a striker who had wins over grapplers and WINS USING GRAPPLING over top 5 opponents, and then lost badly to 2 other grapplers, she would be viewed as badly and considered to be as "exposed."

I'm more of a strikin fan myself but I agree with this, her wins are swept under the carpet

I'm more of a strikin fan myself but I agree with this, her wins are swept under the carpet
It's the same reason almost nobody cares that Cyborg has never fought an elite grappler with good takedowns, but during Ronda's reign tons of people were calling for her to be exposed by an elite striker.

And that's the problem with most people, they don't read.

I read a lot. I just didn't feel like reading a Ronda thread about putting her career into perspective. If you watch MMA, you should'r have to do that.

She was a champ of a terrible division in its infancy in which she didn't have to face legitimate strikers who had decent tdd.

Exposed.

She would have been exposed much sooner had the Cyborg fight taken place.

Ronda was what she was. I think she was probably responsible for the UFC getting sold for the amount it did. Conor is a bigger star now, but that sale was in the works for a while now, and I think it was Ronda's cross over appeal that really upped the stakes. With that being said, I have no issue with the backlash she's facing now, or people calling out legit issues, whether they be in her decision making skills or holes in her game. Leading up to UFC 193 she was the biggest thing in MMA, a decent amount of the backlash now is how they decided to present her at 207. Basically it was like they said: lets just run the same promo scheme as before, and it didn't match with reality. She wasn't invincible, or the best anymore, but WME sure ran the lead up to 207 like she still was. Their basic ad campaign was Ronda V Cardboard cutout, and it backfired. Now they need to play catch up in promoting Nunes or pray to jeebus that Conor clones himself so he can headline every other UFC ppv

...Rogan shitting all over Rousey and basically claiming she never beat anybody? She had some good wins and if Rogan has the nerve to say she was overhyped he might want to look at some of the shit he said to her in the past
I haven't heard or read him say this, but if he did, then he needs to retract these moments:

I read a lot. I just didn't feel like reading a Ronda thread about putting her career into perspective. If you watch MMA, you should'r have to do that.

She was a champ of a terrible division in its infancy in which she didn't have to face legitimate strikers who had decent tdd.

Exposed.

She would have been exposed much sooner had the Cyborg fight taken place.
Has Cyborg faced legitimate grapplers with good takedowns?

Pot meet kettle.

Time for the white knights to become the dark knight.

As someone who picked Holm to beat Ronda, is anybody else getting a bit sick of seeing the likes of Sonnen and Rogan shitting all over Rousey and basically claiming she never beat anybody? She had some good wins and if Rogan has the nerve to say she was overhyped he might want to look at some of the shit he said to her in the past

Ronda has beaten Davis, Tate, Zingano, D'Alello, Carmouche

And those that have actually beaten her have losses to her victims, so can we please stop this bullshit about Ronda having never beaten anybody ever

Take a look at this shit and tell me you blame her for having an overinflated ego, holy shit

We get it Wanda is the best striker ever and can beat any male fighter including mayweather. Lol

Time for the white knights to become the dark knight.

Does that mean so many people go over to the side of shittng on Rousey that the purists who give her a tiny bit of credit end up the ones on the dark/right side?

Who was she "exposed" by? she has wins over everybody with world class victories in the weight class

Back