Oh Chicago

I'm not American.

Lol what's Chicago just a town?

Edit: I see a city of Illinois, I just always thought it was with all the crime and sports teams.

Chicago is one of the biggest cities in the world

Chicago doesn't even have the worst murder rate in the country, either. There's nearly 3 million people living there.

I'm probably statistically more in danger by moving back home to New Orleans.
I was always under the impression that NO was much worse off than Chicago, but I took for granted all of the attention that Chicago has been getting it was becoming worse. Maybe since there is no gun control narrative or some way to blame liberals the people who bring this up do not care and just focus on Chicago.

Chicago is one of the biggest cities in the world
Yea that's why I got it mixed up with a state, it's got a massive population... so much crime though.

Is there like a rich side and poor side? Or is the whole city bad?

Best suburbs or areas in chicago ?

2013_Chicago_Homicide_Map.png

Nonsense. There are black people all over the world with different cultures all over the world. This problem is not just in America. Black people have high crime rates, regardless of their culture, all over the world.

Why? People are racist against black people all over the world. Even in Africa -- Africa has been the victim of colonial racism and white supremacy for centuries.

High black crime rates in Europe? Racism. High black crime rates in Australia? Racism. High black crime rates in Asia? Racism. High black crime rates in America? Racism. High black crime rates in Africa? Racism.

Black people have been treated like dirt on every single one of these continents.

Blaming this on something just in America is disgusting and untrue, blatant anti-American propaganda.
Nice rant, Don't know WTF it had to do with anything but OK.

This is not really a city issue. Plus there are plenty of conservative controlled cities that suck also. Blaming local municipalities and calling people genetically inferior who should be walled off and drowned isn't really helping things either.

And one thing that really needs to be addressed is the steady decline of the middle class since the 70's. Technology and outsourcing getting rid of so many decent paying lower skilled jobs was devastating especially for those in the lower income black communities. And without a developed base, taking on the new and greater barriers to entry to the middle class was beyond difficult. Then crack came and didn't help with the depression. In the case of lost jobs the poorer black communities were like the canaries in the mine as now white people are complaining about it. Unfortunately if by some chance Trump does bring back jobs, they are likely to be shit paying or automated away so you are back at square one.
What does lack of jobs have to do with Black women keeping their legs closed or men sticking around to raise their children? Also it doesn;t help that the gov programs basically makes you not stay together. If two low income people stick together then they dont qualify for support, but if they "separate" they can both claim support. Of course you can be "separate" but still live together or be around to raise your kid.

the amount of failed killings is very high unless they are actually not trying to kill each other. America is a scary place

Chicago is a scary place. The United states is big and there are a lot of nice places to live. That's like generalizing all of Europe as a shit hole just because Bulgaria sucks.

Chicago is a scary place. The United states is big and there are a lot of nice places to live. That's like generalizing all of Europe as a shit hole just because Bulgaria sucks.

never knew Bulgaria sucked.

- Chicago is unsafe and there's a lot of killings

- @TeTe lives in Chicago

Do the math

Chi-ghanistan went 4 days without a fatal shooting. However more than 20 were still shot.

Now 12 fatal shootings and 23 non-fatal shooting from Dec. 24-25.

What would Carl Winslow say?

listened to song just for the nostalgia.

the amount of failed killings is very high unless they are actually not trying to kill each other. America is a scary place
that's 12 out of 35 attempts? they need to take shooting practice :)

People don't necessarily die from being shot. People are resilient and don't usually stand still when being shot at. Even if a person is hit, they may be able to run. And people can get to a hospital in a timely manner, they are less likely to die from their injuries.

I'm not American.

Lol what's Chicago just a town?

Edit: I see a city of Illinois, I just always thought it was with all the crime and sports teams.
A town. It just made me laugh when I read your post.

What does lack of jobs have to do with Black women keeping their legs closed or men sticking around to raise their children? Also it doesn;t help that the gov programs basically makes you not stay together. If two low income people stick together then they dont qualify for support, but if they "separate" they can both claim support. Of course you can be "separate" but still live together or be around to raise your kid.
Economic opportunity has a huge impact on decision making. When you give people something to live and strive for they tend to think things through a little more. You have hopelessness and depression people tend to say fuck it because they either stop caring or they use vices to escape life. Plus more economic opportunity means less people turning to crime to get by which means fewer fathers are in jail. You even bring up a time frame for when things went bad that are highly correlated to decreased economic mobility.

I think it is interesting that you see welfare as having a huge impact on culture, but economic opportunity does not. That is an extremely negative way to look at things and it says a lot of what you think of people in the poor black communities. I see it as if there is economic opportunity you'd have less people thinking of welfare as an option in the first place and less people trying to game the system (although I think people who are cheating the system make up a very small portion of the people in welfare in general)

Back