Oh Chicago

You literally could not be more wrong. The basis for any child's success is the family unit. If a child has awful parents the child will fail. It does NOT matter how much money is poured into schools and programs. The city of Baltimore spends more per student than any other city in the US and pretty much comes close to leading the world in spending per student. Guess what? The students suck and are failing. The kids come from broken homes and a broken culture, so they simply can't succeed.

Now imagine the opposite. An Asian family comes to the US with nothing but the will to succeed and make their children a success. They can have their children in the worst schools in the country with the least spending, but if they instill in their children the value of hard work and education and have a strong family unit to support the child, then the child will thrive. Parenting trumps everything when determining the success of a child.

So dumping hundreds of billions into schools and teachers will do nothing without good families.

I understand, but you say the solution is to have kids with their families- but then you mention that their families are broken.

What I'm trying to say is that we need to raise an entire generation, reprogram an entire generation. It might not be possible but we need to try something else. What's been tried until now obviously hasn't worked.

We need to spend a generation of training and reprogramming in order for that generation to raise their own kids.

lol, what country are you living in? The above has been happening for decades. I went to a mostly black HS with a lot of Hispanic immigrants. There were tons well meaning white liberal teachers working their asses off. These are the most dedicated, ideological professionals I've met. Tons of after school programs. Teachers spent a lot of time on the weekends, lots of clubs and meetings and 'empowerment'....

The results? my black friends became very well-versed in 'empowerment' jargons, walking around thinking they're the shit but NEVER DID ANY HOMEWORK. One of my friends spent most his time getting laid with fat white girls. One dropped out, one made it to community college but had to quit because he had a kid. Those teachers and programs had zero positive effects on them.

We need to go back to enforcing WORK ETHIC, not ego-stroking

How?

This is why Daddy is going to implement stop and frisk.

You literally could not be more wrong. The basis for any child's success is the family unit. If a child has awful parents the child will fail. It does NOT matter how much money is poured into schools and programs. The city of Baltimore spends more per student than any other city in the US and pretty much comes close to leading the world in spending per student. Guess what? The students suck and are failing. The kids come from broken homes and a broken culture, so they simply can't succeed.

Now imagine the opposite. An Asian family comes to the US with nothing but the will to succeed and make their children a success. They can have their children in the worst schools in the country with the least spending, but if they instill in their children the value of hard work and education and have a strong family unit to support the child, then the child will thrive. Parenting trumps everything when determining the success of a child.

So dumping hundreds of billions into schools and teachers will do nothing without good families.

Democrats enslaved the blacks when they made "shitting out kids out of wedlock" a profitable venture.

Black lives matter only if taken by a non black.

Not one liberal will enter this thread and voice their condemnation...but rather ignore this completely
Wrong..BLM &SJW cucks will always have a way..."They is trayn to make us blacks kill each other"

to give you a contrast with the above:

In college, I ran into 2 kinds of Asian students: super genius exchange students from China and poor Asian students who came up from HS.

The poor Asians from HS came here with NOTHING, 1 family living in a 1 bed room apartment. Nobody spoke English.... 5 years later, they're all in collge getting finanical aids, working their asses off getting good jobs.... while going through this, no one got in trouble for stupid living, no one messed with the law, no one committed crimes on others. They put their heads down and grind to the top.

The exchange students from China are something else.. they ride their bicycles to school with their bags of plastic boxes of food prepared from home. They eat from those boxes and nothing else. Talk about minimal expenses. Spent all day studying with no distraction whatsoever, they can do this day after day for years.

I remember one dude who struggled to explain things to me, I thought he was pretty pathetic until I read his term paper. Talk about being humbled! We Americans have lost sight on real hard work and discipline.

My point exactly. There is no "white Patriarchy" or systemic white racism holding these people down. America is still a land of opportunity, and anybody who wants to work hard and value education will find success.

Not one liberal will enter this thread and voice their condemnation...but rather ignore this completely

I always condemn this stupidity its just that im sick of talking about chicago and all people do is talk. I dont see a single politician in chicago out there in the streets trying to lead and trying to change policies or doing anything really but wringing they hands

Who the fucks going around shooting people on Christmas day lmao

Hoods that have been drinking all day. Happens up here too

What if it is working though and there's simply nothing more that can be done? What if education levels, crime rates, etc. are already as good as they can possibly be? What do you do then?

I don't see how you can suggest that it's as good as it's going to get.

I feel there is more that can be done.

The current murder rate in Chicago is higher than the national average but is still far lower than in the past.
But that fact doesn't line up with the racist conservative view of rap and drug cultures destroying black society =O

Chicago's homicide rate is 10 times the national average - this year Chicago is at 29 per 100k, 2015 national average was 2.6 per 100k and estimated to be 2.96 for 2016.

Chicago's homicide rate isn't really "far lower than in the past". This year it is on pace to be 29 per 100,000. Going back to the 1960s, that is on the high end of their annual rates, there are few years over 30, believe 1992 was their highest at just under 34 per 100k. 1991, 92 & 94 were all in the range of 33-34 per 100k.
From the 1960s on, there were several years in which Chicago's homicide rate was in the mid teens to mid twenties, so a 29 per 100k is definitely high.

There are other cities with higher homicide rates (for example New Orleans, Detroit, Baltimore, St Louis), a major reason Chicago is getting so much media attention is that a little over a decade ago Chicago's homicide rate had drastically dropped:
2000 to 2003 it was in the 21-23 per 100k range, in 2004 it dropped to 15.6 and stayed in the 15-18 range until this year.

Even though violent crime rates remain near historical lows, Chicago has experienced a drastic increase in violent crime, so much that they are responsible for half of the increase in US homicides.
http://time.com/4497814/chicago-murder-rate-u-s-crime/
"The murder rate in the U.S. is projected to rise by about 13% this year, but almost half of that increase is due to violence in just one city—Chicago."
"Chicago is the only major U.S. city to report an increase in murders in both 2015 and 2016"
"Violence in Chicago and Charlotte, N.C., where crime is projected to increase 17.5% this year, are essentially offsetting crime dips elsewhere around the U.S."
"The report’s authors project a 31.5% increase in murders nationwide from 2014 to 2016, but again that spike is attributable to just three cities: Baltimore, Chicago, and Houston."

(updated article)
http://time.com/4607059/murder-rate-increase-us-cities-2016/

http://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/crime-2016-updated-analysis

Chi-Town gonna Chi-Town. It has completely fell apart since their community organizer became the most powerful man in the world.

Chi-ghanistan went 4 days without a fatal shooting. However more than 20 were still shot.

Now 12 fatal shootings and 23 non-fatal shooting from Dec. 24-25.

What would Carl Winslow say?

I always thought they should have a crossover show with Family Matters and Full House. Erkel would totally hook up with Kimmy Giblert.

I don't see how you can suggest that it's as good as it's going to get.

I feel there is more that can be done.
Chicago definitely has a lot of room for improvement, Chicago Public Schools' graduation rate is dismal.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-chicago-schools-graduation-rates-20160905-htmlstory.html
"The latest five-year graduation rate is 73.5 percent, CPS said. The rate has been rising steadily over the past five years, according to district figures, and in 2014-15 was 69.9 percent."
Girls had a graduation rate of nearly 81 percent in the past school year, while boys had a graduation rate of closer to 66 percent.

African-American students as a whole had a CPS graduation rate of close to 67 percent. African-American girls had a graduation rate of close to 76 percent, while boys were closer to 57 percent.

The graduation rate for Hispanic students was 78 percent, with a rate of 84 percent for girls and 72 percent for boys. The overall rate for white, non-Hispanic students was 81 percent, with 87 percent for girls and 76 percent for boys.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/cps-reading-scores-dip-barely-1-in-4-read-at-grade-level/
Reading scores dipped slightly for Chicago Public Schools students in 2016 in a district where, state tests showed, barely one in four students could read at grade level.

Across CPS, a troubling 43 schools serving low-income students reported less than 5 percent of students proficient in academic basics. According to state data and CPS, for six high schools — neighborhood and charter alike — that percentage was zero.

Reading that article, Illinois' overall state numbers are also low, the CPS encompasses 40% of the state's public students, so their students have a significant impact, positive or negative, on the state's overall numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back