Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

Xbox Series X 2024 "Brooklin" rumors: Price, design, specs, and more​

"The Xbox Series X console is over three years old, and it's time for an update. And thanks to images and reports Microsoft uploaded to the FCC that were accidentally published, we know exactly what that update might look like. This Series X update, codenamed "Brooklin," brings plenty of improved features and a new, cylindrical design.

While most of the updates make this new 2024 Series X console objectively better than the original console, there's one change that might be controversial: the lack of a disc drive. The updated Series X console will be an all-digital console, just like the Series S console, which is also receiving an update, codenamed "Ellewood." Both consoles are also receiving an updated controller, codenamed "Sebile" internally.

Microsoft's updated Xbox Series X console is expected to launch at the "same great price $499," matching the current console's price. This $499 price will include the updated controller design, as well as double the existing storage from 1TB to 2TB."

giphy.gif

Its funny if this does happen that 60 days before this new Series X revision comes out the 3rd Revision of the Series S comes out, 2nd one within a year. I know when this stuff got leaked Phil came out and said some plans have changed so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Xbox Series X 2024 "Brooklin" rumors: Price, design, specs, and more​

"The Xbox Series X console is over three years old, and it's time for an update. And thanks to images and reports Microsoft uploaded to the FCC that were accidentally published, we know exactly what that update might look like. This Series X update, codenamed "Brooklin," brings plenty of improved features and a new, cylindrical design.

While most of the updates make this new 2024 Series X console objectively better than the original console, there's one change that might be controversial: the lack of a disc drive. The updated Series X console will be an all-digital console, just like the Series S console, which is also receiving an update, codenamed "Ellewood." Both consoles are also receiving an updated controller, codenamed "Sebile" internally.

Microsoft's updated Xbox Series X console is expected to launch at the "same great price $499," matching the current console's price. This $499 price will include the updated controller design, as well as double the existing storage from 1TB to 2TB."

giphy.gif

I don't think we're interested in mid-generation upgrades, like the PS4 'Pro' or XBox One X.

I would say there was only 3 years difference between the N64 & Dreamcast, and with the advancements in technology coming faster than ever before console generations should be at maximum be every 5 years.... not 8... which are absurdly long.

I don't think we're interested in mid-generation upgrades, like the PS4 'Pro' or XBox One X.

I would say there was only 3 years difference between the N64 & Dreamcast, and with the advancements in technology coming faster than ever before console generations should be at maximum be every 5 years.... not 8... which are absurdly long.

Brooklin is not a mid gen refresh though, its just an all digital version of the Series X with better Wifi and Bluetooth, no other real hardware changes

The PS4 Pro was needed. The UI on the original PS4 was so damn slow I couldn't stand it.

Brooklin is not a mid gen refresh though, its just an all digital version of the Series X with better Wifi and Bluetooth, no other real hardware changes

*Sigh*... guess we're going to find out how well those sell.

Yeah, Sony and Microsoft acted like they didn't care about those consoles, and they probably didn't. They realized these didn't create a second hardware race mid-generation with substantial sales that would meaningfully alter the share of the market, and since neither really makes any money on console sales themselves, they have no incentive to care without substantial sales. Gamers aren't interested in upgrades with half-measure support.

They should just skip that. It's a waste of resources.

New Vapor Series Controllers now available and in Design Lab

Vapor-Series-b145e4ca2772b1de5633-1536x896.jpg
Decent skin theme, but LOL, who designed the color scheme for the army green controller on the bottom left? There's one in every office, eh.

Is there a good spot to get cheap Game Pass subs? I always see people say that they never pay full price, but I don't know where to look, and my free three months are running out.

Is there a good spot to get cheap Game Pass subs? I always see people say that they never pay full price, but I don't know where to look, and my free three months are running out.

Game Services thread, v2: NVIDIA GeForce Now adds Xbox/Ubisoft+ library syncing

Scour all the "Gray Key Marketplaces" I compiled at the bottom of post #4 in the above megathread.

Also, know that you can buy Game Pass memberships with Microsoft Points. You can earn more than enough points at a rate to buy an Ultimate membership every month.

Hideo Kojima took Phil Spencer to a Japanese ceremony to purify his new Xbox horror game OD​

BB1i3rdF.img

The picture seems to have been taken from a phone, but you can still pretty clearly see Spencer, Bond, and Kojima donning a ceremonial sash with Japanese text printed lengthwise.

"You know how before making horror movies or dramas, people go to a shrine for Oharai?" Kojima said. "Well, this is a scary game, so we did the Oharai ceremony with Microsoft."

"Hideo Kojima has revealed a fascinating tidbit about the development of his new Xbox horror game OD: He brought Xbox boss Phil Spencer and other members of the Microsoft gaming team to a traditional Japanese purification ceremony.

This was revealed during the long, long-awaited return of Kojima's HideoTube YouTube series (timestamped here), during which he spoke for a brief moment about OD, also referred to as Overdose. Kojima declined to say anything substantial about the game, but he did say information would be revealed "gradually."

More interestingly, to me anyway, he showed an instantly classic picture of him with Spencer and Xbox president Sarah bond and explained that, due to the nature of OD, he joined them at an Oharai purification ceremony, presumably to cleanse the game and keep away evil spirits.

You have to have a purification ceremony for your horror game BEFORE you release it?!?!

thats-gonna-be-a-no-from-me-dawg.gif

Hideo Kojima took Phil Spencer to a Japanese ceremony to purify his new Xbox horror game OD​

BB1i3rdF.img

The picture seems to have been taken from a phone, but you can still pretty clearly see Spencer, Bond, and Kojima donning a ceremonial sash with Japanese text printed lengthwise.

"You know how before making horror movies or dramas, people go to a shrine for Oharai?" Kojima said. "Well, this is a scary game, so we did the Oharai ceremony with Microsoft."

"Hideo Kojima has revealed a fascinating tidbit about the development of his new Xbox horror game OD: He brought Xbox boss Phil Spencer and other members of the Microsoft gaming team to a traditional Japanese purification ceremony.

This was revealed during the long, long-awaited return of Kojima's HideoTube YouTube series (timestamped here), during which he spoke for a brief moment about OD, also referred to as Overdose. Kojima declined to say anything substantial about the game, but he did say information would be revealed "gradually."

More interestingly, to me anyway, he showed an instantly classic picture of him with Spencer and Xbox president Sarah bond and explained that, due to the nature of OD, he joined them at an Oharai purification ceremony, presumably to cleanse the game and keep away evil spirits.

You have to have a purification ceremony for your horror game BEFORE you release it?!?!

thats-gonna-be-a-no-from-me-dawg.gif

And they were sure to let their publicists know, and brought a photographer.

<{hughesimpress}>

New Free Flight Simulator update for a Dune Expansion coming today

In a groundbreaking collaboration with Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. Entertainment, Xbox and Microsoft Flight Simulator are immersing gamers in the captivating world of Arrakis in the Dune Expansion – available today!

For the first time ever, Microsoft Flight Simulator is taking you beyond Planet Earth into the harsh deserts of the world of "Dune" and the planet Arrakis. Aviators can put their courage and skills to the test in the cockpit of the Royal Atreides Ornithopter, mastering tutorials, time trials, and a daring rescue mission.

Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun is up on Game Pass. I remember seeing a lot of excitement for that game here when it launched. I actually almost bought it a couple of days ago, so I'm glad I hesitated.

Tempted to pick up this Xbox port of the original STALKER games but they say that it’s presently an Xbox One versions with an X/S version with some unspecified enhancements to come later, so will probably wait for that.

Tempted to pick up this Xbox port of the original STALKER games but they say that it’s presently an Xbox One versions with an X/S version with some unspecified enhancements to come later, so will probably wait for that.

That game is amazing in its brutality.

NBA 2K24 available on gamepass until August.

Anyone know how to fix controller drift? Someone told me wd-40 may work, but I'm hesitant to try that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back