Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

Indiana Jones looks like a Tomb Raider/Uncharted game...on the PS4.

Indiana Jones looks like a Tomb Raider/Uncharted game...on the PS4.
The motion capture looked a bit janky in places, and a few of the character models definitely weren't nearly as masterful relative to 2024 as Naughty Dog's industry-leading magic, it's crazy how far ahead they always are, but I don't think it's quite equal.

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle (2024)
1._Indy-3840x2160.png

Uncharted 4 on PS4 (2016)
1705667763735.png

I thought Indy looked great. My only concern is the combat I don't like FP melee combat so hopefully my whip/gun will help me avoid most of it.

I thought Indy looked great. My only concern is the combat I don't like FP melee combat so hopefully my whip/gun will help me avoid most of it.

One thing that Machinegames does right is making a game about killin' Nazis.

cotton-hill-fitty-men.gif

Looking like Walmart are going to phase out physical Xbox games starting with Starfield, MS will fund anything left that gets disposed of

Anyone played Palworld on Gamepass yet?

Microsoft lays off 1900 Activision Xbox and Blizzard employees

Just following on from the Walmart stopping Xbox Physical Games sales...

From Jez Corden with info from the MS /ABK cuts

Just saw a report that Xbox Physical sales are less than 10%. No wonder they are leaving it behind. Question is will they lose all those people as well? I could see at they very least half of them leaving the ecosystem.

Just saw a report that Xbox Physical sales are less than 10%. No wonder they are leaving it behind. Question is will they lose all those people as well? I could see at they very least half of them leaving the ecosystem.
LOL, why? Where do you think they'll migrate? To Nintendo Switch? Playstation has already been at 4% physical sales. PC is probably less than that.

LOL, why? Where do you think they'll migrate? To Nintendo Switch? Playstation has already been at 4% physical sales. PC is probably less than that.

This is just revenue from physical though. 40% of all physical sales for 2023 were on playstation, 10% Xbox, and the rest on Nintendo. I can't find the tweet anymore but Matt Piscatella released the info from Circana.

Regardless of what Physical sales are. if someone still wants to go physical and Xbox removes that option and playstation doesn't then they only have two options. Go playstation or give up physical.

I didn't even realize PC still had physical at all.

This is just revenue from physical though. 40% of all physical sales for 2023 were on playstation, 10% Xbox, and the rest on Nintendo. I can't find the tweet anymore but Matt Piscatella released the info from Circana.

Regardless of what Physical sales are. if someone still wants to go physical and Xbox removes that option and playstation doesn't then they only have two options. Go playstation or give up physical.

I didn't even realize PC still had physical at all.
But obviously your figure isn't discussing what percentage of sales on their own platform are physical. It's comparative: looking at shares of overall physical sales between platforms. And since Microsoft is already outsold nearly 2:1 on units, and Playstation exclusives are already so much more popular on bestseller charts, it would seem to indicate Playstation users are less than twice as likely as Xbox users to buy physical. Also, there aren't just two choices, there. Obviously, the most popular console in terms of physical sales would be the Nintendo since there is a 50% share leftover.

I don't think physical game availability is going to drive console sales even remotely. That era is past.

I’m just glad I have a Series X as it’s backwards compatible all the way to OG Xbox for some titles, and some of those games from that era and the 360 aren’t available digitally so you actually have to track down a disc.

Yeah, I'm not sold on this "digital only" future that we seem to be barreling towards. How is that going to impact people with bandwidth caps? I guess that I'm an old fart and am used to being able to hold a game that I purchased in my hands.

I know that now we're just paying for the licensing to play the game and we don't own it per se, but I just like having my physical copies.

Xbox Series X 2024 "Brooklin" rumors: Price, design, specs, and more​

"The Xbox Series X console is over three years old, and it's time for an update. And thanks to images and reports Microsoft uploaded to the FCC that were accidentally published, we know exactly what that update might look like. This Series X update, codenamed "Brooklin," brings plenty of improved features and a new, cylindrical design.

While most of the updates make this new 2024 Series X console objectively better than the original console, there's one change that might be controversial: the lack of a disc drive. The updated Series X console will be an all-digital console, just like the Series S console, which is also receiving an update, codenamed "Ellewood." Both consoles are also receiving an updated controller, codenamed "Sebile" internally.

Microsoft's updated Xbox Series X console is expected to launch at the "same great price $499," matching the current console's price. This $499 price will include the updated controller design, as well as double the existing storage from 1TB to 2TB."

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back