Official Women's Division Discussion #25

And interview with Jessica-Rose Clark ahead of her fight against PVZ

USADA will register her two years on teh UFC database and most commissions should respect that until its original end date. Once that 2 years is up she can fight in other promotions (there may be small promotions that ignore it and let her fight anyway)

but no, as far as UFC goes, she has to serve two years in the testing pool before she can fight. Them cutting her is basically them saying "theres no way back"

If she has been released then thats her UFC career over (unless they in the future got rid of USADA)

Seems a bit unfair to me, if the reason she's not being tested is that she was kicked out of the testing pool. A bit like how Hill was initially having to sit out for 6 months but then it was seen as an anomaly and the rule changed.

Anyway some of these girls in other promotions need to clean up their act before they get the call up, otherwise they'll ruin their career like Ribas

Seems a bit unfair to me, if the reason she's not being tested is that she was kicked out of the testing pool. A bit like how Hill was initially having to sit out for 6 months but then it was seen as an anomaly and the rule changed.

Anyway some of these girls in other promotions need to clean up their act before they get the call up, otherwise they'll ruin their career like Ribas

well if they have no intention of re-signing her down the road why would they keep her in the testing pool.

its not a "we are kicking you out of the testing pool so if you ever want to come back you cant"

and more "We dont ever want you back so we are kicking you out of the testing pool"

To be honest, strawweights are ten a penny, if you fuck up your chance, thats the end of it. theres a hundred girls waiting to take your place. harsh but true

she was one of seven fighters last year to fail their very first test

Amanda Lemos
Azamat Murzakanov
Azunna Anyanwu
Carlos Felipe
Jesse Taylor
Nick Roehrick
Guido Canneti
Amanda Ribas

its interesting, read some stuff with Jeff N a while back that managers are actually turning down UFC offers because it "wasnt the right time", theres quite a trickle down effect happening now into feeder orgs

Andrea Lee a great example, could have propelled herself right into title contention, instead, forced to sit back while the division takes shape without her

her instagram is full of photos in UFC Gear

seems she's gonna try and make a career of nearly being in teh UFC

Last edited:
Ribas does seem to have a very big following in Brazil, there aren't many strawweights turning up in the UFC with a quarter of a million Instagram followers. She's only 24, so I'm surprised they haven't kept her around, after all that Finnish girl has been there for years now. I'd have thought Penne would have been released though.

Ribas does seem to have a very big following in Brazil, there aren't many strawweights turning up in the UFC with a quarter of a million Instagram followers. She's only 24, so I'm surprised they haven't kept her around, after all that Finnish girl has been there for years now. I'd have thought Penne would have been released though.

its possible she is still contracted

but, not tested since her positive and the "athletes must remain in pool" doesnt bode well.

yeh, i was expecting penne to be cut. will be 36 by the time she is back and on a big time losing streak

I didnt realise she was 35 this month.

Oh thats her career done then.

Last edited:
Maybe. Reneau looked really good in her last fights. Her striking could make the difference, tbh i think P4P teacher got this.

so.. maybe Yana debut will take a little longer

I was going to post this a little while ago. Hah. I am looking forward to this fight too. McMann was going to be a tough one for Yana. Not saying Yana didn't have a chance against McMann and McMann seems to find ways to lose fights she could win.

I need to spend less time rereading and tweaking posts in the heavies.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/marion-reneau-vs-sara-mcmann-headed-to-ufc-on-fox-28-in-orlando

--
(Edit)
UK Fighting Championships 6 - Looking for an ammy female.
Saturday 03.10.2018 at 11:00 AM ET
Promotion: UK Fighting Championships
Venue: Preston Guild Hall Location: Preston, England
Enclosure: Cage Number of MMA Bouts: 0

***FIGHTERS NEEDED***

We are looking for the following for March 10th on #UKFC6 in Preston:-

- Pro Bantamweight - 1-0 Record
- Amateur Female Featherweight - Debut

Please contact us for more information.

Please SHARE
#TeamUKFC

https://www.facebook.com/UKFightingChampionships/

Last edited:
WOMEN’S MMA 2017 TOP 50: Part 1 - #50 – #31

24852279_711733145682992_2772226833120982737_n.jpg

https://mma-today.com/womens-mma-2017-top-50-50-31
they shoulda let drake do the rankings as he writes for em, i bet markos woulda been a lot higher than 49 <36>
edit, found his rankings on the home page https://mma-today.com/drakes-top-10-mma-rankings3

also...............................
ef8811e734b33bf836c788c1120119f1
shoop away fellas ;)

Last edited:
So who y'all think Yana will face next?

5167f500f28fcdbc11964fbf548b5131.png

Could very well be against Evans-Smith but my guess is

So Holly ended up providing more samples than Cryborg. Looks like all the bitching, moaning, and complaining paid off.

The fight that didn't make it that surprises me is Andrade vs. Gadelha. Deepest voiced fight in women's divisions history.

Andrade voice sounds pretty normal to me, very girly. She has a regional accent but no deep voice at all.

And Cyborg complains were about in-camp testing, not about other months prior to that, but keep the hating going, if you believe in your words, talking about what she said out of context, then ok lol

Her complaints were baseless to begin with, especially coming from someone with her history.

Her history has nothing to do with the request she had, of being tested the same times in camp. Everyone would find it normal if was other fighter. It's something fair.

I saw this and figured I would post it.

Fight Nights Global - Fighting News MMA
January 6 at 5:10am ·
1f525.png
1f4ad.png
Kamil Gadzhiyev: "Liana Jojua is one of those few girls who not only say they will win but actually can win Mohnatkina"
1f53b.png
FNG president Kamil Gadzhiev spoke on the title fight in the 61.2 kg weight category, where the multiple Sambo World champion Marina Mohnatkina will face the prospect from Georgia, Liana Jojua:
1f53b.png
"This should be a very interesting confrontation. Marina Mohnatkina is a known winner and although Jojua hasn't shown a lot yet, she still won her first fight in FNG and was publicly active. Plus Liana Jojua is one of those few girls who not only say they will win but actually can win Mohnatkina. The fight will take place early in the new year and it will be for the champion's belt!" #KamilGadzhiev #MarinaMokhnatkina #to #face #LianaJojua #for #the #FNG #belt

https://www.facebook.com/fightnight...jKXgGJJLjKFcltW4bU80555OMMS9f7dySEoICxQlaa9_o

tumblr_oereg4w5yG1vs0btuo2_r1_500.jpg

vs.

Liana Jojua - Georgian

Great to see that at least one russian promotion supports WMMA and has a decent man as president. The sexist moron at ACB should learn from this, i hope the winner of that fight turns into a star.

Fight Nights Global - Fighting News MMA
January 6 at 5:10am ·
1f525.png
1f4ad.png
Kamil Gadzhiyev: "Liana Jojua is one of those few girls who not only say they will win but actually can win Mohnatkina"
1f53b.png
FNG president Kamil Gadzhiev spoke on the title fight in the 61.2 kg weight category, where the multiple Sambo World champion Marina Mohnatkina will face the prospect from Georgia, Liana Jojua:
1f53b.png
"This should be a very interesting confrontation. Marina Mohnatkina is a known winner and although Jojua hasn't shown a lot yet, she still won her first fight in FNG and was publicly active. Plus Liana Jojua is one of those few girls who not only say they will win but actually can win Mohnatkina. The fight will take place early in the new year and it will be for the champion's belt!" #KamilGadzhiev #MarinaMokhnatkina #to #face #LianaJojua #for #the #FNG #belt

https://www.facebook.com/fightnight...jKXgGJJLjKFcltW4bU80555OMMS9f7dySEoICxQlaa9_o

tumblr_oereg4w5yG1vs0btuo2_r1_500.jpg

vs.

Any word on when this is going to happen?

Liana Jojua - Georgian

Any word on when this is going down?

Back