Official Women's Division Discussion #25

The Mackenzie Dern fight was not really that great
do to the fact that she made a lot of the same mistakes
she did against Mandy Polk back in October.It is good
to see that Shannon Knapp is starting to turn the corner
on the financial side of it after a rough few years.

Ok, this is probably useless information but I thought it was interesting. I glanced at Rachael's instagram followers and noticed it has more than tripled from what it was before TUF26. This got me thinking I wonder how much the Bellator Champ Ilima-Lei Macfarlane social Media numbers have exploded since her rise to fame in comparison to Rachael. I thought they would be a good comparison to see the difference in social media reach of both promotions. Both are Hawaiian so they should have similar core fan bases. In fact I thought llima would have would have an advantage due to Rachael last official fight being in Jan and all the promotion Bellator and EBI has given her throughout the year. llima's record is also much better than Rachael's. The difference in social media presence was surprising. I think social media reach might be a big reason for Bellator not being able to create their own stars. I was trying to think of one superstar fighter that was Bellator home grown and I can't come up with a single one. If anyone can come up with a name please tell me.

Twitter:
llima - 4.5k
Rachael - 11.4k

Instagram:
llima - 31.9k
Rachael - 109k

Being a bit of a nerd I made a note of the 16 girls' IG followers at the start of the show to compare with the end. Don't have the exact figures with me but basically Rachael put on more followers than the other 15 put together - she started from around 30k. A long way behind came Nicco, with Montana and Karine a distant 3rd and 4th. Don't think it needs much analysis to see why. Rachael's on a mission to bring the youth of America to Jesus via the power of implants but sponsors do take notice of stuff like this.

Rachael's on a mission to bring the youth of America to Jesus via the power of implants but sponsors do take notice of stuff like this.

I was rather pleased with (the editors choice to show) Rachael's LORD and JESUS side being kept in check on the show. I actually unfollowed her on IG cause I could just not take it anymore. Even the pics did not help.

I was rather pleased with (the editors choice to show) Rachael's LORD and JESUS side being kept in check on the show. I actually unfollowed her on IG cause I could just not take it anymore. Even the pics did not help.

Well, CCD would have been far more interesting if we had, uh, offerings like those when I was young.

Just an observation for those who truly wish to proselytize.

Go job to Virna Jandiroba for managing to give a
solid performance despite cutting weight at the
airport and just making it in time to weigh in.
One other thing that wasnt mentioned on the broadcast. She did that all by herself, when her visa issues started her coach was advised to go to kansas on their original flights and she stayed behind to sort out the visa.
She got the visa back at 4pm on wednesday brazil time and was on the plane by 10pm. She landed in Kansas about an hour and change before weight ins started.

Edit: got the day she left brazil wrong.

OH yeah, and he luggage got lost too. It arrived in time for the fight with her gear thankfully.

Last edited:
One other thing that wasnt mentioned on the broadcast. She did that all by herself, when her visa issues started her coach was advised to go to kansas on their original flights and she stayed behind to sort out the visa.
She got the visa back at 4pm on thursday brazil time and was on the plane by 10pm. She landed in Kansas about an hour and change before weight ins started.

Damn that sucks.

I thought the Carmouche - Davis fight was close & could have gone either way. Davis sure is good off her back though, & she pulled guard really well. Felt bad for Carmouche, felt she did great striking & got caught too many times in the clinch, wish she could have avoided that.

Y'all Lara pulled off an upset there, these's "recent" Bellator signees have impressed me so far (Velasquez, Lara).. hopefully Trouble can have a good showing too.

Dude, her footwork was horrible. Particularly walking forward during the overhand. Amazing is the last word I would use to describe her striking. Improved, yes, but still making beginner mistakes.

Well yeah, I was grading on a curve of course. Gotta start somewhere. haha.

The thing I was most impressed with was her awareness of the time left in the fight, and the fact that she finished it off. Far too many fighters these days would have just stayed on top for the last 30 seconds instead of take the judges out of it. That earns a lot of points with me.

Last edited:
I thought the Carmouche - Davis fight was close & could have gone either way. Davis sure is good off her back though, & she pulled guard really well. Felt bad for Carmouche, felt she did great striking & got caught too many times in the clinch, wish she could have avoided that.
I think Carmouche is the most athletic WFLW fighter in UFC at this point, and her hands are fast. She needs to learn proper clinch break technic and stick to striking when fighting grapplers, basically what Nunes learnt after she moved to ATT.

I think Carmouche is the most athletic WFLW fighter in UFC at this point, and her hands are fast. She needs to learn proper clinch break technic and stick to striking when fighting grapplers, basically what Nunes learnt after she moved to ATT.
Carmouche has always been considered a grappler herself though, might not be her style to stick to a pure striking gameplan.

According to this article Invicta is now breaking even. This is nice to hear after how much money it was consistently losing in the past. Hopefully in the future they can make a good profit when its time renegotiate rights usage fees.

On Invicta’s growth and profitability: “This year has been our best year yet. We still have to watch everything just for the fact that we’re just not losing every show now… We’re definitely not rolling in the dough. As it stands right now, we had a good year last year. It wasn’t incredibly profitable or anything, but we didn’t lose money, so that makes it profitable to me.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/12...icta-fc-president-shannon-knapp-mma-interview

I wonder where the money was coming from for all the years they were losing - that is, who is investing in Invicta FC - I don't think Knapp has that much money on her own.

Y'all Lara pulled off an upset there, these's "recent" Bellator signees have impressed me so far (Velasquez, Lara).. hopefully Trouble can have a good showing too.

Yeah, I liked what I saw of her. She's still green, as seen in some of those grappling exchanges but she kept going for it and caught the sub. Plus I enjoyed the little dance after her victory and she is legit beautiful.

I've been advocating for Lara to get fights since she signed under Invicta. Glad Bellator actually gave her an opportunity.

Carmouche has always been considered a grappler herself though, might not be her style to stick to a pure striking gameplan.

Carmouche had been boasting about winning submission contests right before her fight with Davis, but I think she would have been showing far higher fight I.Q. to have taken advantage of her clear opportunities to stand the fight back up whenever it went to the mat after she had rocked Davis, and swollen Davis's face considerably, from standing punches. In my opinion, that was her clear and relatively easy path to victory... thrown away by not fighting smarter.

Last edited:
Except possibly for the issue of height, I think Amber Brown would be good casting for any live-action version of Anna in The Last Of Us, Part 2

24900145_1577337975692237_6611159942166539205_n.jpg

TheLastofUsPartII_PGW_08.jpg

Last edited:
Back