Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Friendly reminder, tune into my channel at 9:30 EST tonight for my weekly broadcast. As always, I’ll be going over the ast week’s results, news, fight announcements.

Also, tonight’s discussion topic will be Rose Namajunas: Missing In Action!

Link in my signature.

Friendly reminder, tune into my channel at 9:30 EST tonight for my weekly broadcast. As always, I’ll be going over the ast week’s results, news, fight announcements.

Also, tonight’s discussion topic will be Rose Namajunas: Missing In Action!

Link in my signature.

I wonder if Jleana's hairstyle was influenced by Rose's example? If Rose continues to win, will we see a lot more buzzcuts?

I wonder if Jleana's hairstyle was influenced by Rose's example? If Rose continues to win, will we see a lot more buzzcuts?
Pretty sure she was doing it before Rose, or at least came to it independently. It's more common in Europe.

What do you all think about Mizuki vs. Heather Jo Clark (November 16 for Invicta)? I like Mizuki's speed & excitement factor. She must be gaining strength working with Longo's gym. Clark looked pretty good in her last fight but took 2 years off after her losses to Karolina & Alexa Grasso.

Edited to add: Thanks to @leto1776 for mentioning Clark is out due to injury. Mizuki is fighting Viviane Pereira who is coming off two unanimous decision losses to Tatiana Suarez and Yan Xiaonan. Mizuki has the size advantage (5'4" to Pereira's 5'0") but prior to her last two Pereira was 13-0. I presume Mizuki will want to keep it standing. Interested in anyone else's take on what they both need to do to win.

Last edited:
What do you all think about Mizuki vs. Heather Jo Clark (November 16 for Invicta)? I like Mizuki's speed & excitement factor. She must be gaining strength working with Longo's gym. Clark looked pretty good in her last fight but took 2 years off after her losses to Karolina & Alexa Grasso.
it's Mizuki vs Viviane Pereira. Has been for a while. Clark pulled out due to injury.

I'll be surprised if Paige can't handle Rachael.

I don't know, I think Rachael gets underestimated a lot because well, you know. Paige is likely the better athlete but Rachael has the edge in skills, and more importantly, she can listen to her corner & make the right adjustments. Paige doesn't do that. I think it's possible for Rachael & her team to come up with a gameplan for beating Paige, get inside of kicking range, box with her & clinch, and try for some takedowns & ground work. IMO Rachael wins if she fights smart, don't hang out at kicking range and avoid wild scrambles when grappling. She has better boxing & grappling, she just needs to take away Paige's athletic advantages.

I don't know, I think Rachael gets underestimated a lot because well, you know. Paige is likely the better athlete but Rachael has the edge in skills, and more importantly, she can listen to her corner & make the right adjustments. Paige doesn't do that. I think it's possible for Rachael & her team to come up with a gameplan for beating Paige, get inside of kicking range, box with her & clinch, and try for some takedowns & ground work. IMO Rachael wins if she fights smart, don't hang out at kicking range and avoid wild scrambles when grappling. She has better boxing & grappling, she just needs to take away Paige's athletic advantages.

Yeah, I'm always trying to think of what each fighter can do to win. Makes it interesting looking at it from their respective camp's perspective. Paige can be athletic & exciting but as you say she can derail. Rachael has looked better her last couple of fights imho. Agree she's gotta stick to fundamentals & avoid wild scrambles.

Pretty sure she was doing it before Rose, or at least came to it independently. It's more common in Europe.
I think it's just a Rose thing
20170414084841_12_Namajunas.JPG

rose-hair-975285.jpg

amber-rose-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back