Official Women's Division Discussion #25

These are payouts released by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, you dull-witted dolt, not a random website. If they state Roxy got $2,500 from the Reebok sponsorship, that's likely correct, as opposed to numbers a random Internet idiot (you) pulls out of his/her ass.

The NSAC listing on salaries does not always include other payouts or bonuses. They are only required by their charter to list the actual salaries. 30K for a championship fight is a standard clause in the Reebok contract.

The NSAC listing on salaries does not always include other payouts or bonuses. They are only required by their charter to list the actual salaries. 30K for a championship fight is a standard clause in the Reebok contract.

Indeed, I stand corrected. MMAJunkie's reporting on Reebok compensation seems more credible than the figures on the website I found. (Although it appears that $2,500 per fight is what Roxy received after the TUF 26 finale)

Very well; with the additional $27,500 for that fight, Roxy's per-year average jumps all the way to...below $24,000 a year.

Ayaka Hamasaki might be fighting on a Floyd Mayweather card. That's weird.

IKR. At the press conference they said Mayweather will face Tenshin Nasukawa under the Rizin banner on New Year's Eve. Rule set & weight to be determined. Hoping there's some good wmma fights on that card.

Indeed, I stand corrected. MMAJunkie's reporting on Reebok compensation seems more credible than the figures on the website I found. (Although it appears that $2,500 per fight is what Roxy received after the TUF 26 finale)

Very well; with the additional $27,500 for that fight, Roxy's per-year average jumps all the way to...below $24,000 a year.

It was explained in an earlier post that she received $150 k for her title fight (100 plus 50 for FOTN). And other income from Reebok. She also teaches at her gym in Vegas. At her fight the other night and in her instagram message afterward was a team of people who are there with her. A supportive group. So go Roxy!

I get your point that listed average per year pay isn't great. You should acknowledge others' points that people are making a living from it and publicly available numbers don't provide the entire story.

Last edited:
Although it appears that $2,500 per fight is what Roxy received after the TUF 26 finale.

Wrong - you because you think $2500 is the bottom tier ( it hasn't been since the end of 2017 ) and me because Roxy would have got $3500 for the Honchak fight. She would have qualified for $5k against Eubanks though, it being her fourth UFC fight.

On second thoughts she may have qualified for the $5k in the Barb fight as well since the UFC also consider the first Eubank fight to be official, that's why she has 23 wins on the UFC site and 22 elsewhere. Certainly Reebok tiers take account of WEC and Strikeforce fights but only after the Zuffa takeover, so the Modafferi/Kaufman fight misses out. No idea how Reebok treat those tuf semi-finals though.

No big deal man. I have no idea how many times I have had to say something along the lines of "Not only am I a dumb ass, I am old."

:)

Nah, she should move to the UK, learn Catch, become FemSaku.
Obviously I say this out of pure interest in what's best for her, no other motives.
0746.png

Hopefully she can score a rare victory for the forces of Light (JWMMA) over the forces of Mordor (B'W'MMA) in her upcoming Invicta bout.
Like Saku. ;)
I just wonder why she chose New York and Longo's gym of all places to train.

@CSH Combat Sports posted in Sherdog UFC Discussion forum today that he intends to re-post a YouTube video back to his channel (that he had previously taken down) that harshly trashed Cortney Casey for doping, and he says this today even though he now knows she was exonerated.
On second thoughts I'm gonna put that vid back up.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...ed-by-ufc-usada.3555785/page-4#post-146368835

Just thought there might be people here who'd want to know about this behavior. I subscribe to every YouTube WMMA channel I know of, but I unsubscribed from this fellow's YouTube channel long ago for many reasons. And it's the only WMMA YouTube channel I've ever unsubscribed from.

Today's posts were his first on Sherdog apparently. So you won't have ever encountered him here before. But if he posts more, you now know more about the guy, and the type of potentially harmful behavior he is willing to engage in with respect to trashing female fighters just to get views.

@CSH Combat Sports posted in Sherdog UFC Discussion forum today that he intends to re-post a YouTube video back to his channel (that he had previously taken down) that harshly trashed Cortney Casey for doping, and he says this today even though he now knows she was exonerated.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...ed-by-ufc-usada.3555785/page-4#post-146368835

Just thought there might be people here who'd want to know about this behavior. I subscribe to every YouTube WMMA channel I know of, but I unsubscribed from this fellow's YouTube channel long ago for many reasons. And it's the only WMMA YouTube channel I've ever unsubscribed from.

Today's posts were his first on Sherdog apparently. So you won't have ever encountered him here before. But if he posts more, you now know more about the guy, and the type of potentially harmful behavior he is willing to engage in with respect to trashing female fighters just to get views.
Lol I knew he lurked here. You Shouldn't have tagged him, though.

Lol I knew he lurked here. You Shouldn't have tagged him, though.
Why not tag him? Let him come to this thread and reveal himself to some hardcore WMMA fans. Do you worry he'll get a good reception?

Last edited:
Why not tag him? Let him come to this thread and reveal himself to some hardcore WMMA fans. Do you worry he'll get a good reception?
I refer this particular thread to have as little toxicity as possible.

Some of us have spats and disagreements from time to time, but we move on, and agree more often than we disagree. I've gone overboard in the past, I'll admit it. But watch the person in question's video's, and you'll see what I'm getting at.

Some of us have spats and disagreements from time to time, but we move on, and agree more often than we disagree. I've gone overboard in the past, I'll admit it. But watch the person in question's video's, and you'll see what I'm getting at.

Oh I understand. I was just being a fuck head.

:)

But watch the person in question's video's, and you'll see what I'm getting at.
One needs to see the worst of his videos to fully understand, but it is unfortunate that he gets more views for them as kind of reward for bad behavior thereby.

One needs to see the worst of his videos to fully understand, but it is unfortunate that he gets more views for them as kind of reward for bad behavior thereby.

Seems oddly reflective of MMA. Act like a grade-school bitch who was never disciplined by their parents, and that shit sells. I will never understand this. The shit-talking reminds me of nothing more than two kids trying to work up their courage to fight while secretly hoping a teacher will come along. I mean, telling another fighter you are going to beat the shit out of them? Shocking. I mean, isn't that your damn job? STFU and handle your shit.

That Thunder Fight sw tournament this weekend turned into a three person round robin.

3:33 Joice Mara vs Aline Pires
51:22 Clarisse Aquiles vs Erika Reis (third round finish)
1:39:30 Ariane Sorriso vs Aline Pires (watch this one; punch ko)
2:52:20 Ariane Sorriso vs Joice Mara

Back