Official Women's Division Discussion #25

It looks like Maycee Barber might be getting a promotional push if she does as well as expected in what should be a hype building showcase fight. I might not agree with their methods all the time but I love how willing the UFC is to get behind WMMA now.

Last edited:

It looks like Maycee Barber might be getting a promotional push if she does as well as expected in what should be a hype building showcase fight. I might not agree with their methods all the time but I love how willing the UFC is to get behind WMMA now.

It’s certainly karma for Stevenson too, she was really can crushing for a while there.. now she’s the can to be crushed.

Seems like fight announcements and pending announcements are dropping like their hot lately.

Miriam Nakamoto did a live stream today to give a glimpse into her struggles over the last 5 years with her bad knee. If you happen to be a fan of hers please give it a watch. She explains with her doctor why exactly she has been out for 5 years. Maybe @awiv can rip the video and put it on his youtube or something.

Find me a link and can see what i can do

Seems like fight announcements and pending announcements are dropping like their hot lately.

Cortez vs. Narvaez in sept.

In case you missed it -

Crazy stat that Stevenson is 6-5 and yet never beat a girl who came in with a W on their record, even two of her losses were against zero win fighters. Yet she somehow gets on flyweight tuf and into the UFC ...... as a strawweight.

The heavies will go over the top for Barber if all goes according to plan, personally I can't forgive her for outderning Dern in the Mallory Martin scrap.

Crazy stat that Stevenson is 6-5 and yet never beat a girl who came in with a W on their record, even two of her losses were against zero win fighters. Yet she somehow gets on flyweight tuf and into the UFC ...... as a strawweight.
Dana always had the early TUF guys on a special place in his tiny heart

m_10271.jpg

Strawweight Title: Virna Jandiroba (13-0) vs. Janaisa Morandin (10-1)
Flyweight: Pearl Gonzalez (8-3) vs. Daiane Firmino (10-2)
Bantamweight: Shanna Young (4-0) vs. Lisa Spangler (2-0)*
Strawweight: Mallory Martin (3-2) vs. Ashley Nichols (3-2)
Flyweight: Miranda Maverick (3-1) vs. Victoria Leonardo (2-0)
Atomweight: Kelly D’Angelo (2-2) vs. Lindsey VanZandt (3-0)
Strawweight: Helen Peralta (2-0) vs. Kay Hansen (2-1)
Featherweight: Audrey Drew (1-0) vs. Holli Salazar (1-0)

*Injury Replacement For Raquel Pa'aluhi

What do folks think of Jandiroba vs. Morandin? They have good records but haven't seen anyone comment. Interested in that, Gonzalez vs. Firmino & Martin vs. Nichols. Plus seeing some I don't recognize who might surprise.

What do folks think of Jandiroba vs. Morandin? They have good records but haven't seen anyone comment. Interested in that, Gonzalez vs. Firmino & Martin vs. Nichols. Plus seeing some I don't recognize who might surprise.
Jandiroba should be the clear favourite to win, i'd be shocked if Morandin won.

Africa has a new prospect in Antonia Moreira de Fatima (Angola, 1-0-0 AM) who recently defeated Christine Wolmarans (South Africa, 5-1-0 AM) via unanimous decision at the Fightstar FC 33 event held on the 21st of July (yes, this is late but still). I don't know much about her other than the fact that she has a Judo background and competed at the 2016 Olympics where she placed ninth in the 70 kg competition and that she trains out of the Angola Top Team gym. From what I know this fight was at a catchweight so I'm guessing either she can't make bantamweight (that's the weight at which Wolmarans usually fights) or is just going easy for now and planning to cut weight in the future. If it's the latter then I can see EFC picking her up sooner rather than later, their bantamweight division is pretty small (like, four fighters and their champ is currently a flyweight) so they'll be looking for new faces.

Also I'm going with Jandiroba getting the win and retaining, don't really see Morandin winning TBH.

Not on her record yet, but Daiane Firmino has a triangle win over Mariana Morais from 2 weeks ago. Also stopped rookie Ariane Lipski in a round.

Curious to see how Ashley Nichol's takedown defense holds up against someone who wants to take her down, but isn't a great wrestler like Jacobson. Nichols looked great in that "tune up" against Anissa Meksen.

Also I'm going with Jandiroba getting the win and retaining, don't really see Morandin winning TBH.

So I guess I'm the only one here for Morandin? Thats fine! Whateva! I do what I want! haha.

Fingers crossed for another beatdown from Mallory Martin. I'm also hoping Pearl Gonzalez continues her improvement.... she's looked good in Invicta so far. Its not a bad little card really. Not heavy on names but it should be pretty good.

Where the fuck has Ashley Cummins been? I know she's done some wrestling and shit.... its been too long.
Also... where the fuck is Amber Brown? She's always posting training stuff on facebook... so what the hell?

If mmafighting.com is accurate Viviane Pereira has signed
with Invicta on a multi fight contract with her debut to be determined
at a later card.

So I guess I'm the only one here for Morandin? Thats fine! Whateva! I do what I want! haha.

Fingers crossed for another beatdown from Mallory Martin. I'm also hoping Pearl Gonzalez continues her improvement.... she's looked good in Invicta so far. Its not a bad little card really. Not heavy on names but it should be pretty good.

Where the fuck has Ashley Cummins been? I know she's done some wrestling and shit.... its been too long.
Also... where the fuck is Amber Brown? She's always posting training stuff on facebook... so what the hell?

La di da da di
Opinions they are free
I read them all with glee

Smashley just moved to California for work. Probably gonna take some time to get properly set up with a new camp.

To add to this, all signs point to Felice Herrig vs Michelle Waterson being booked. I have a feeling Ashley Yoder is set to fight Amanda Bobby Cooper but this one I feel a lot less sure of. Calvillo and Penne should be cleared to fight soon. So 115 should get getting even more exciting in the coming months.

Damn i'm like 85% on my educated guesses. Not bad for an observent person with no sources.

Waterson unless Herrig manages to turn it into a brawl.
Yoder because very few things are as over-rated in WMMA as ABC's striking.
Rocky can turn it into an ugly fight and grind GDR down.

No one is clearly the odds-on favorite in any of the fights, IMO. I am prepared to be wrong in all three picks. I think my Waterson choice is the most solid.

Herrig bcoz she will be the under dog, qnd excels as such. Plus, better UFC wins than Waterson. (Hate this fight though. Two of my mma fantasy chicks against each other)

Yoder vs ABC? Both losers to (the overhyped and overrated) Dern. Yoder by survivability and toughness.

Pennington vs add Randamie . Tough call. Technicality vs “do what it takes.0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back