Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
so @Drake ...grasso vs markos in mexico......normally id say grasso all day but something has gone seriously wrong with her last two fight camps, i heard she had new trainers, if so, sack em and .
broke2.jpg

also got a bad feelin about jojo this week, shes fightin her kryptonite...

Grasso looked so amazing against Inoue. The future of the division for sure. Hopefully she can get back on track.

Damn, how the mighty have fallen. Lest anyone forget, The Warrior Princess took out, in succession, Jessica Penne, Jessica Aguilar and Megumi Fuji in their *prime*.

These days, she's getting destroyed by Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger (who looked so bad in the UFC she retired) and can't even make it onto TUF.

The thing is, I follow her and she is ALWAYS in the gym at CSA. Her recent issues don't seem to be from lack of effort.
Zoila was also enormous compared to those 3 girls, Jones-Lybarger and a lot of the 125ers are her size or bigger.
so @Drake ...grasso vs markos in mexico......normally id say grasso all day but something has gone seriously wrong with her last two fight camps, i heard she had new trainers, if so, sack em and .
broke2.jpg

also got a bad feelin about jojo this week, shes fightin her kryptonite...
Jojo should be ok, I think. Calvillo doesn't have good enough wrestling to get her down, imo.

Collin wins by embracing the grind. Ducote wins, but Middleton looked better than expected. waiting for the Bell-Elkins rematch - is a post lim so no stream

Last edited:
Coker puts his 2-1 (0 - 1 Bellator) Brazilian babe against a 6 - 2 fighter. Poor matchmaking Scott.

Amanda Bell def. Brittney Elkins by TKO round 2

Raika Emiko vs. Hae In Kim streaming here in a bit

Me when I realised there's an Invicta event tonight.

EOBJAyk.gif

So JoJo missed weight... pretty safe to assume this will be her last one at 115 now with 125 comin.

I feel really bad for her, I heard she accepted the Calvillo fight and then like a few days later the UFC announces the creation of the 125 division, at least she has a weight class to go to now and wouldn't need to jump 20 Ibs up to 135. Still hoping JoJo can pull out the W.

I feel really bad for her, I heard she accepted the Calvillo fight and then like a few days later the UFC announces the creation of the 125 division, at least she has a weight class to go to now and wouldn't need to jump 20 Ibs up to 135. Still hoping JoJo can pull out the W.
And I was wondering why she decided to take another 115 fight now that 125 is almost here.
That was handled pretty badly - why didn't they tell her "hey, wait a little bit, there might be a better weight class for you soon"?
I mean it's not like her problem with 115 is a big surprise, she even had had an out-of-division 125er UFC fight before.

Yeah... it was literally like right after she took the fight... they really fucked her on that one.

And I was wondering why she decided to take another 115 fight now that 125 is almost here.

It's in Glasgow. Even if she were to know that the 125 lbs division was coming soon, she'd probably still be willing to cut to 115 lbs to fight at Glasgow, I think.

It's in Glasgow. Even if she were to know that the 125 lbs division was coming soon, she'd probably still be willing to cut to 115 lbs to fight at Glasgow, I think.
Well ok, I guess that could indeed have been a good reason for Calderwood to take the fight regardless of weight.

But still... couldn't the UFC have made an exception and have it at 125 even before the official introduction of that division? They've already done it in the past, so why not just once more?

Amanda Lemos vs Leslie Smith should be a fun fight. Smith looked kind of awesome against Aldana.

Take this with a grain of salt but....

Angela Magana stated on the MMA Roasted podcast she will be back fighting in the UFC in the fall. Also stated Rowdy Bec will be fighting at 125 in the next few month (the UFC pitched Bec a 135er that wants to go down).

Also, Magana has burnt a few more bridges in Kalin Curran and Cat Zingano.

I don't. She should not miss weight.

Hae-In Kim warming up before her fight:

In case you missed it - Ayaka Hamasaki has officially vacated her 105 title to go up to 115 full time. Why she didn't make this decision like 6 weeks ago I have no clue. Frey vs. Cummins would have been a hell of a five rounder.

My bet Jinh vs. Herica at InvictaFC 26 for the vacant title

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back