Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurl has some power. Here's her preceeding fight uploaded by ace content provider awiv

The reason Ayaka gave me a year or so back why she wanted to go up was because she wanted to be in the UFC. Her team feels that since USADA testing is now implemented, she will have more "equal" competition.

Shots fired at Gadelha
though her fight with Souza was disastrous, I'm glad she's decided to focus on fighting in the UFC, since that seems to be her dweam before she retires (and she's 35) and she deserves it more than most of them already in there. FU to shelby/silva/whoever it was who didn't sign her already

Probably the worst Invicta in a long while. Maybe the worst I've seen personally.

Lots of posts like this. I thought it was a good event. Not worse than average. What's everyone complaining about? Name recognition I guess, but Canderwood & everybody's other faves weren't names either back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
the jojo fight was closer than the scores suggest i thought, it could well have been a draw except for the last takedown, i thought jojo would spend 2 and a half rounds defending a choke.

Lots of posts like this. I thought it was a good event. Not worse than average. What's everyone complaining about? Name recognition I guess, but Canderwood & everybody's other faves weren't names either back then.

Seemed over pretty quick, but didnt think the fights themselves were bad

What's everyone complaining about? Name recognition I guess, but Canderwood & everybody's other faves weren't names either back then.

Pretty much what it is, and that's not necessarily Invicta's fault. First one big name got called up to the big show, then her big name replacement got the call up. Invicta just hasn't had enough time to build their divisions up lately. Frey and Smashley are definitely names in their division, though.

Oh no!

Jojo and Jessica High's next fight should be at 125 against each other, 2 once hyped FLW fighters one of whom has become a stepping stone for SW up and comers, the other a grappling dummy for the BW elite. Eye has little in the way of submissions (Frausto wins aside) to scare Jojo with and Jojo has no wrestling, so they make good opponents for one another. lol

Oh no!

Jojo and Jessica High's next fight should be at 125 against each other, 2 once hyped FLW fighters one of whom has become a stepping stone for SW up and comers, the other a grappling dummy for the BW elite. Eye has little in the way of submissions (Frausto wins aside) to scare Jojo with and Jojo has no wrestling, so they make good opponents for one another. lol

And it is not like Eye is a pressure fighter, so JoJo should be safe.

Jojo vs Bec is what I'd like to see. There's history between these two so I wouldn't mind seeing them go up against each other.

Jojo vs Bec is what I'd like to see. There's history between these two so I wouldn't mind seeing them go up against each other.

It's been so long I forgot about that, are they still beefing even?

Andy Nguyen (5-3) will defend her KOTC Atomweight belt against Melissa Karagianis (2-2) next month. Last time they fought, Karagianis won.

Andy Nguyen (5-3) will defend her KOTC Atomweight belt against Melissa Karagianis (2-2) next month. Last time they fought, Karagianis won.

Will be her second rematch in a row. Looks like she is trying to avenge her losses. I like that.

Will be her second rematch in a row. Looks like she is trying to avenge her losses. I like that.
I like it too, but Karagianis is currently on a two fight losing streak. Either way, battle of cute chicks.

Melissa_Sophia_Karagianis.jpg

Omg I was rewatching TUF and the staredown between Emily and JoJo always cracked me up, it was so awkward, especially when they zoomed in on JoJo's face with her "I'm not impressed with you" look and then to Emily's where she was smiling. Her talking about how she was scared Emily is gonna want the carrots back and when she imitated Randa is hilarious.

is @Drake ok? i haven't seen him since the jojo decision

You think this is bad, wait until Markos gasses out in a minute at altitude, and Grasso tees off on her. I can't wait to see his rankings after that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back