Official Women's Division Discussion #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a fight that would be better if it happened at 125.

Oo, neat. JoJo vs. Andrade should be awesome, and Waterson/Daly and Moroz/Kish are good news too.

Odd flood of matchups after relative silence. Guess someone remembered they actually have a roster of 115lbs women under contract.

But where's Astrogirl, damnit!?!

Oo, neat. JoJo vs. Andrade should be awesome, and Waterson/Daly and Moroz/Kish are good news too.

Odd flood of matchups after relative silence. Guess someone remembered they actually have a roster of 115lbs women under contract.

But where's Astrogirl, damnit!?!
Now they need to book some non top 5 WBW fights, too.

Germaine said she has a fight announcement coming soon, so hopefully more WBW.

I just watched Markos vs. Kish again. That woman did not pass the "smell test" in any way, shape or form. Holy Christ.

As for Astrogirl..... I honestly hate seeing her get tossed around at 115. She was small at 105. Her only hope ever was to catch some low level fighters in submissions, but those days are passing fast.

Is it confirmed that Andrade/Calderwood will be at 115? I'd assume so as it seems to be a good weight for Andrade, but I get the impression that it's a tough cut for Calderwood. I hope it doesn't leave her depleted. She was tearing it up when she faced Letourneau, and part of me wondered if it was because she didn't have to cut so far. Of course, she has made changes in training, but a hard weight cut can really mess up both the mind and body.

Kish was like a wild beast in her fight with tough-as-nails Markos. I haven't followed her career very closely. Does she still fight like that? The general consensus seems to be that her more recent performances weren't nearly as spirited. I don't know too much about her next opponent, either, so I'm glad to read that people are expecting a good fight.

In regard to Alex Chambers, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't fight in UFC anymore. 115 is a tough division, and both her size and age aren't doing her any favors. Is there anyone that would even be a good match-up for her?

I hate think about Alex Chambers sometimes, because of the way Sherdog shit all over her decision to spend her FOTN bonus to stay in the U.S. to train at ATT. As soon as JoJo cries about needing money to stay at TriStar though, Sherdog was up in arms about helping her stay, and how she deserved and needed that bonus. Just shows how fickle fans of this sport are.

we're almost there put alexa grasso in a bubble before she gets injured again

now we get to see what andrade is like against an opponent who, you know, punches back.....
if jojo doesnt crumble in the first minute she should win this.
Remember JoJo has her own problems with pressure fighters. Lets see if Tristar has solved this issue.

You're gonna curse it, dammit! I'm glad Grasso has some fantastic counterstriking skills. We wouldn't want her nose to end up like Esquibel's. That girl's poor nose has weathered a few storms.

Germaine said she has a fight announcement coming soon, so hopefully more WBW.
I think she deserves a top 10 opponent and shouldnt face anyone lower than her. Though, looking at the rankings and availability, Sara McMann would really be the only option.

If something happens to her between now and the event, I will hunt you down, and then I will inflict things upon you that would make Joseph Mengele sick.

Lee vs Yamaguchi uploaded to ONE Championship's youtube channel

That is one of the fights that I refer to when people try to shit on WMMA. Great fight.

I wish everyone grappled like those two. Dynamic, aggressive, constantly risking position in a relentless effort to advance and finish <3

hnnng

Cn7nZz1VIAAdH6V.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back