Locked Official Women's Division Discussion #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a mismatch - Karolina is one of the top fighters in the division right now. Albu is basically a novice. She would probably get finished in the first round.

It looks like they have a lot of 'development level' fighters in the upcoming TUF so if those get into the UFC they can use them to develop fighters like Albu.
That's something that can be done with 115 - really make it the flagship women's division, with lots of fighters coming through and developing - (if the UFC commits to it) but not so much 135 (which is why they scrapped 135 after the tryouts - 'not enough' meant 'not good enough' probably....)
Karolina would be understandably the favorite but I think it would be competitive and both are among the few healthy fighters waiting.

As for as TUF 115, I am eager to see how many girls are natural 115 vs 125. If most are 125, you can bet Scott Coker will be quite interested.

Karolina would be understandably the favorite but I think it would be competitive and both are among the few healthy fighters waiting.

As for as TUF 115, I am eager to see how many girls are natural 115 vs 125. If most are 125, you can bet Scott Coker will be quite interested.
in what universe would it be competetive? :D

Erin Lamonte vs Randi Beth Boyington - NEF 21: The Immortals (2016.02.06)

2a5bvo2.jpg

313ncrd.jpg

14o48z.jpg

Wearing Reebok without being paid to? No shame

Saw on Facebook that Angela Lee has her next fight booked at a catchweigt of 120lbs. Will update later with further details.

I'd like to see Esparza vs. Waterson...or vs. Calderwood....or vs. Markos.

Jarl

I'd like to see Esparza vs. Waterson...or vs. Calderwood....or vs. Markos.

Jarl

Any of these. As often as UFC has been putting on fights, it seems that each card could feature a bout in almost every weight division. Of course, some have far more competitors than others. Still, when many only have one fight per year, it's hard to say they are "professional." Sure glad it isn't MY job to be a UFC fighter.

Whole event is still up for that WSOF Global show. Watanabe's fight is about 2:50 in. It's a pretty poor (and weird) performance though.

Holy crap, it's awful. It's it my imagination, or have there been like 3 UFC cards in a row with no women on them?

Heck, not just the UFC. Any big promotion. I'm down to watching Karate Hottie fights on replay every night.....

.... oh wait, I do that anyway.

"Despite some speculation about a super-fight against Cris Cyborg, Bloody Elbow has learned through a source close to Invicta Fighting Championships, that 135lb champ Tonya Evinger is expected to defend her title versus Colleen Schneider at Invicta FC 17."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/8/10925342/mma-invicta-news-cyborg-evinger-schneider-super-fight

Also from the comments section:

"cyborg is fighting latoya walker at the next invicta
per the people in latoya’s training camp…

maybe they’re just being optimistic, but camp has started and they’ve brought in people to mimic cyborgs style (all men, btw)

haven’t trained with latoya in a long time, but she was physically the strongest female I’ve sparred and that was before she started her career as a fireman."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back