Locked Official Women's Division Discussion #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoJo headed to Tri-star. Four week trial period to start before deciding if a permanent move is right for her. Via Ariel douche wani on MMA tonight.

Actually should have mentioned @ReturnoftheMuffin - you see? You put her as your av again and she starts making steps in the right direction again :p

but I also think Lima is kind of a bad match for her and can see Lima grinding out a boring win.
Then the unstoppable Lima train will be on a 3 'fight' win streak... title contention ahoy...

Lena "Hunter" Ovchynnikova is now listed as a Bellator flyweight along with 3 other women. One of those women had a Bellator fight, but they don't list her opponent as a Bellator fighter.

Lena "The Dirty Street-fighter" Ovchynnikova could be a needle-mover for them. She will quickly gather fans once she appears on a big stage, like Bellator.

Jarl

UFC hurry up with Flyweight, before Bellator adds her to the hottie kickboxing league.

Last edited:
Video
feliceherrig#moveoftheday
Single leg defense to the Kimura

(I puzzled over Felice's description of the action in the video, until I figured out that she must mean: starting from a single leg defense, going to a kimura)

Last edited:
Heard UFC picked Mellony Geugjes, and Lanchana Green for TUF. Both girls are 0-1 in MMA, but at least Geugjes is a solid prospect (being blonde probably helped). I imagine people will start piecing together who the other 14 girls are fairly soon.

Last edited:
Heard UFC picked Mellony Geugjes, and Lanchana Green for TUF. Both girls are 0-1 in MMA, but at least Geugjes is a solid prospect (being blonde probably helped). I imagine people will start piecing together who the other 14 girls are fairly soon.

Interesting. Others at the tryouts were told that they were automatically disqualified because they had a losing record. Then again, since TUF is actually a "reality TV" show, I'm not at all surprised that there's a fair amount of pageantry in the selection process. UFC is a business, so they've gotta go with what sells. I'm curious if those ladies will get steamrolled by the competitors with more experience or will hang in there and shake things up. Between the SW and LHW, I think it will be an interesting season.

Interesting. Others at the tryouts were told that they were automatically disqualified because they had a losing record. Then again, since TUF is actually a "reality TV" show, I'm not at all surprised that there's a fair amount of pageantry in the selection process. UFC is a business, so they've gotta go with what sells. I'm curious if those ladies will get steamrolled by the competitors with more experience or will hang in there and shake things up. Between the SW and LHW, I think it will be an interesting season.
if they dont sign credible fighters the public interest in wmma will wane, just the same argument applies to invicta.
i havent seen either girl fight, but gather they both lost to first round armbars.

4i2e4y.png

Katarzyna Sadura vs Alina Dubosa - Gala Zmierzch (2016.01.30)

33p6ohf.jpg

24dh6pv.jpg

Brieta Carpenter vs Jasmine Pouncy - Up and Comers MMA World Challenge: Make Wrestling Great (2015.09.20)

2wcfbet.jpg

Angela Lee 2015 Highlights

Last edited:

Angela Lee 2015 Highlights

Lee is a star in the making. She stills needs to work on how she reacts to getting hit, but there's no denying her skill and charisma. Hopefully ONE can also build Ann Osman back up properly.

Seems she's training at AACC, which is probably the single best gym for women fighters on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back