Media Official UFC Top 30 GOAT List; Featherweight rules as GOAT division

Come on, I'm not a Conor fan but as long as they have "impact on the sport" and "popularity" as criterias, McGregor is a sure pick.

The only name I expected to see and is not there is: Shamrock. Actually both of them. Ken was a big star, he was at ufc 1,whent on to be the champion, came back in 2002 with the UFC biggest buyrate up to that point, brought the promo side of mma big on that one...
Frank was the first "great" champion even though his reign didn't last that long.
One can argue that Mark Coleman or Jens Pulver, as pionneers may deserve to be there as well,
And somebody who may be disapointed is Henry Cejudo, the only double champ not there I suppose, but that's fine with me.

The ultimate 30 list, was a three part UFC documentary on the 30 greatest fighters in the UFC.

View attachment 1010468

View attachment 1010469

View attachment 1010473

The 30 GOAT Roster List (in no particular order):

1) Gracie
2) Ortiz
3) Couture
4) Liddell
5) Hughes
6) Penn
7) Lawler
8) GSP
9) Griffin
10) Silva
11) Bisping
12) Edgar
13) Velasquez
14) Jones
15) Oliveria
16) Demetrious
17) Aldo
18) Cruz
19) Miocic
20) Nurmagomedov
21) Holloway
22) Rousey
23) MCGREGOR
24) Nunes
25) Cormier
26) Joanna
27) Usman
28) Valentina
29) Volk
30) Adesanya

Interesting fact: Every featherweight champion made the list: McGregor, Aldo, Max, and Volk. It is the only division where all the champions made the list.

Personally, I would remove the following people from the list:

Joanna, Griffin, and Oliveria.

I would replace with:

Lesnar, Woodley, and Islam.
When I saw Griffin I was thinking how did Tyson Griffin make this list? Then whoosh ohhhhhhh

Conor, Cain, Griffin and Bisping probably shouldn't be on the list. Woodley and Whittaker should be added. If Edgar is on there Bendo deserves to be.
Bendo lost his spot via a controversial split decision.

I agree these you replaced them with but Conor seriously?

I have none champs such as Gaetjhe or Dustin poirier way way above.

Mcgregor has zero title defenses
How many title defenses do Poirier and Gaethje have again?

Back