Media Official UFC Top 30 GOAT List; Featherweight rules as GOAT division

Sean_wongster_wongmastter

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
The ultimate 30 list, was a three part UFC documentary on the 30 greatest fighters in the UFC.

upload_2023-11-6_18-10-0.png

upload_2023-11-6_18-10-14.png

upload_2023-11-6_18-42-58.png

The 30 GOAT Roster List (in no particular order):

1) Gracie
2) Ortiz
3) Couture
4) Liddell
5) Hughes
6) Penn
7) Lawler
8) GSP
9) Griffin
10) Silva
11) Bisping
12) Edgar
13) Velasquez
14) Jones
15) Oliveria
16) Demetrious
17) Aldo
18) Cruz
19) Miocic
20) Nurmagomedov
21) Holloway
22) Rousey
23) MCGREGOR
24) Nunes
25) Cormier
26) Joanna
27) Usman
28) Valentina
29) Volk
30) Adesanya

Interesting fact: Every featherweight champion made the list: McGregor, Aldo, Max, and Volk. It is the only division where all the champions made the list.

Personally, I would remove the following people from the list:

Joanna, Griffin, and Oliveria.

I would replace with:

Lesnar, Woodley, and Islam.

Last edited:
The ultimate 30 list, was a three part UFC documentary on the 30 greatest fighters in the UFC.

View attachment 1010468

View attachment 1010469

View attachment 1010473

The 30 GOAT Roster List (no in particular order):

1) Gracie
2) Ortiz
3) Couture
4) Liddell
5) Hughes
6) Penn
7) Lawler
8) GSP
9) Griffin
10) Silva
11) Bisping
12) Edgar
13) Velasquez
14) Jones
15) Oliveria
16) Demetrious
17) Aldo
18) Cruz
19) Miocic
20) Nurmagomedov
21) Holloway
22) Rousey
23) MCGREGOR
24) Nunes
25) Cormier
26) Joanna
27) Usman
28) Valentina
29) Volk
30) Adesanya

Interesting fact: Every featherweight champion made the list: McGregor, Aldo, Max, and Volk. It is the only division where all the champions made the list.

Personally, I would remove the following people from the list:

Joanna, Griffin, and Oliveria.

I would replace with:

Lesnar, Woodley, and Islam.

I agree these you replaced them with but Conor seriously?

I have none champs such as Gaetjhe or Dustin poirier way way above.

Mcgregor has zero title defenses

I couldn't really care less about this list, but at least Tito made it. That guy helped the UFC survive in the dark ages and along with Chuck ushered in an era of popularity that helped get this sport get to where it is today. And he did it with a cracked skull.

I couldn't really care less about this list, but at least Tito made it. That guy helped the UFC survive in the dark ages and along with Chuck ushered in an era of popularity that helped get this sport get to where it is today. And he did it with a cracked skull.
I was surprised and pleased to see it too.

And kinda feel the same about the list as a whole lol

Did you watch the docu-series? It's like 7 hours long, they went really in-depth on each fighter with a lot of reasons on why they made the list. A lot of special guests too with the actual fighters showing up.

On what merit? He is like 10-5 in the UFC
Being the 2 division champ and beating the FW GOAT at the time in 13 seconds.

Oh, and being the all time biggest selling PPV star helps as well

On what merit? He is like 10-5 in the UFC

Skill for skill he isn't top 30, but his impact is unmatched and he is a double champ (despite not really earning either title shot), so it makes sense he's on the list.

That list is pretty good based on the criteria they listed. Smart decision delivering it “in no particular order.”

1) Jones
2) GSP
3) DJ
4) Silva
5) DC
6) Aldo
7) Khabib
8) Miocic
9) Adesanya
10) Nunes
11) Volk
12) Cruz
13) Usman
14) Conor
15) Hughes
16) Valentina
17) Gracie
18) Couture
19) Ortiz
20) Lawler
21) Penn
22) Holloway
23) Liddell
24) Oliveira
25) Rousey
26) Jedrzejczyk
27) Makhacev
28) Griffin
29) Bisping
30) Edgar

Last edited:
Skill for skill he isn't top 30, but his impact is unmatched and he is a double champ (despite not really earning either title shot), so it makes sense he's on the list.
How didn’t he deserve the featherweight title shot? He beat Poirier, Holloway, Brandao, Mendes to get a shot come on man

How didn’t he deserve the featherweight title shot? He beat Poirier, Holloway, Brandao, Mendes to get a shot come on man

Two ranked wins. Favorable style matchups. Meh. Max was quite young going into that fight and only 7-2, coming off a loss as well. Barao was coming off of a loss. Siver was 1-1-0-1 in his prior three going into that Conor fight which locked up a title shot for him.

Two ranked wins. Favorable style matchups. Meh. Max was quite young going into that fight and only 7-2, coming off a loss as well. Barao was coming off of a loss. Siver was 1-1-0-1 in his prior three going into that Conor fight which locked up a title shot for him.

No one had a good style against Conor at featherweight at the time. Even now, I still Conor’s style as problematic even for someone like Volk.

You need someone with an iron chin, with cardio, that can drown Conor and take him in the deep waters, there wasn’t anyone at featherweight at the time that can really do that. Maybe Mendes with a full camp but Mendes was always kind of a gasser even with a full camp.

Conor, Cain, Griffin and Bisping probably shouldn't be on the list. Woodley and Whittaker should be added. If Edgar is on there Bendo deserves to be.

Back