RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Fury vs Ngannou Discussion PPV 10/28, 2PM EST

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
upload_2023-10-30_15-53-3.png

Tyson Fury disputes the notion that he didn’t take Francis Ngannou seriously heading into their fight this past Saturday.

The former UFC champion surprised the boxing world when he pushed Fury to the limit in losing a 10-round split decision in Riyadh, Saudia Arabia. It was Ngannou’s debut in the Sweet Science, while Fury is regarded as the best heavyweight boxer in the world.

“Listen, usually when you get the media saying it’s a mismatch, it’s not worth watching and all that, usually you’re in for a tough night,” Fury recently told Boxing King Media. “If I wasn’t training as hard as I did, I probably wouldn’t have gotten through that fight.”

It was Fury’s first professional appearance since December 2022, and he believes that might have affected his performance.

“I felt my timing was quite off,” Fury said. “I’ve been out of the ring for nearly a year – a little bit of ring rust, but it was what it was. It was far from one of my best performances. It wasn’t a vintage Tyson Fury, but listen, you do what you have to do to get through and on to the next one.”

Of course, Ngannou hasn’t competed in combat sports of any kind since January 2022, when he retained the UFC heavyweight crown with a five-round verdict against Ciryl Gane. While he felt that his own skills were rusty, Fury was also quick to credit his opponent.

“You can’t take anything away from Francis Ngannou,” Fury said. “He’s a good fighter and he gave me a very good fight and that was it. I trained very well. I prepared very good. I don’t think I have an excuse or anything.

“It’s boxing. Some days you have good days, some days you don’t. You crack on and you continue, keep moving forward.”

Continue Reading

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/T...in-Narrow-Victory-Over-Francis-Ngannou-191556

Are the former boxers who watched it and aren’t calling it fake also “completely retarded” and less qualified than you? How about the boxing pundits?

You think they think it's real simply because they aren't publicly calling it fake? What kind of logic is that?

It was a sparring session. You really believe the best HW on the planet had a tough fight with a man having his pro debut? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

You think they think it's real simply because they aren't publicly calling it fake? What kind of logic is that?

It was a sparring session. You really believe the best HW on the planet had a tough fight with a man having his pro debut? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

you think that every single pro boxer and pundit would align in not calling out a fake fight? What kind of logic is that?

you think that every single pro boxer and pundit would align in not calling out a fake fight? What kind of logic is that?

You truly believe a debutant 'boxer' was able to give the best HW boxer on the planet a tough fight. Hahahahahaha

<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

MEPVG7A_o.gif

<EdgyBrah>

Is Mike Tyson training Ngannou just a media schtick to gain some attention or is it legit? Does Tyson have a reputation as a good coach? Sure, he's Mike fucking Tyson with unlimited knowledge but that doesnt make him a good trainer. Genuinely curious

Mike just turned up at the gym as couple of times to film promo with Ngannou. It was Dewey Cooper heading up the camp.

I would love to know how he went to france from africa via spain. Hes an economics migrant just like most africans here who work and send money to their family ... i was lazy so i used my detective skills and couldnt find anything. I do know from 1 guy who pulled it off thanks to some crazy connection.

How the fuck did he made it to france? lmao

He talks about it on the Rogan podcast, took him a bunch of attempts.

<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

A lot of YouTubers were race baiting and crying racism. Boxing is never corrupt. Never corruption. These same goofs weren't crying racism in lots v Haney robbery.

Stupid people are stupid.

Both men were paid. Paid well.

I've been on this AJ train for a while. He's the real deal man but Usyk has his number.

Come on he's making a mockery of Fury wins now. Give the man respect that he reserves.

Back