RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Canelo vs Munguia Discussion 5/4 8PM ET Cinco de Mayo (DAZN / Prime Video PPV)

people really think that Canelo will get stopped, the man has a fucking concrete chin, i dont see him getting stopped anytime soon

Canelo is slipping. Gets hit way more than he ever did. Benavidez can crack. Father time plus Benavidez's power puts out Canelo.
I dont see he him surviving Benavidez. He's a bigger stronger faster handed Munguia and just as durable.
Munguia was really getting to him at times.
I think David cracks the code of Canelo's chin at this point.

You realize Canelo is better at literally everything than Plant is?
Canelo looks like he is slipping big time. Munguia had the volume and landed plenty. Insert Benavidez tonight and some of the Shots Canelo laughed at would have him wobbling around the ring. Just because he didn't have his best stuff vs plant doesn't mean he won't Ice Canelo. Which I believe he will.

people really think that Canelo will get stopped, the man has a fucking concrete chin, i dont see him getting stopped anytime soon
Its literally an unmovable object meets an unstoppable force.
I saw Canelo's leg buckle briefly tonight. I think Benavidez pounces on that. Canelo looked great but showed his size and age at times.

Surprised you weren't in the booth commenting the fight too with that amount of nuthugging
Nuthugging by pointing out facts? Whatever you say lol.

Benavidez is just the next supposed boogeyman for those people who have been begging to see Canelo lose.

Canelo looks like he is slipping big time. Munguia had the volume and landed plenty. Insert Benavidez tonight and some of the Shots Canelo laughed at would have him wobbling around the ring. Just because he didn't have his best stuff vs plant doesn't mean he won't Ice Canelo. Which I believe he will.
You are wildly overrating Benavidez power.

Exactly … lol …. They weren’t going to pay him for Jermall … it’s called business
I'll be honest and say I don't remember the whole thing perfectly but I seem to recall they went back on his contract and said they'd pay him what they agreed for the 3rd fight (benavidez) but not the amount they agreed to for the other 2. (Berlanga and Charlo?can't remember). Would you accept that if you were Canelo?

A cagey, skillful performance by Canelo.

I'm not a fan of the man or his well-manicured career but he is truly one of the most exciting fighters in the modern era. His chin, defense, power and attitude--he could be competitive against most fighters of every era.

I kind of think Munguia is the bigger puncher. Benavidez is a workrate fighter.

I'll be honest and say I don't remember the whole thing perfectly but I seem to recall they went back on his contract and said they'd pay him what they agreed for the 3rd fight (benavidez) but not the amount they agreed to for the other 2. (Berlanga and Charlo?can't remember). Would you accept that if you were Canelo?
I’m not blaming canelo … what I was not agreeing with you was the part the PBC don’t have the funding for the event … obviously Saudi’s can overpay for anyone .. was a 3 fight deal that included Jermall … when PBC did not wanted to pay for that fight for obvious reasons they re-structure the deal to a 1 fight deal for Munguia …

I kind of think Munguia is the bigger puncher. Benavidez is a workrate fighter.

I disagree. I think Munguia was a big puncher at 160 and below but David is huge for the weight and has really grown in. He also doesn't throw everything hard and predictable like Munguia but when he loads up he can hurt anyone, Canelo included I believe.

I disagree. I think Munguia was a big puncher at 160 and below but David is huge for the weight and has really grown in. He also doesn't throw everything hard and predictable like Munguia but when he loads up he can hurt anyone, Canelo included I believe.
Its also not just his power that zaps people. His pressure and pace drains people freakishly fast. Its a weird and wonky comparison but it reminds me a lot of how Khabib would drain guys constantly in MMA with his pressure and pace.
Like other well conditioned guys just wilt when they get their hands on them

Only 16 pages?

<{outtahere}>

A friend of mine is saying that Munguia is so much better than Benavidez, cause he has more fights...and because he stopped Ryder, who he says, would beat Benavidez...wants Munguia vs Benavidez next, of course he says Munguia wins...he doesnt know SHIT, right? or is it me not seeing things i should? lol.

Back