official S-Town podcast thread (Serial fans GTFIH)

Hi everyone, I too made an astrolabe, as mentioned in the show John did, and I put it up on Kickstarter to get a little bit of funding to produce it. I'm hoping some of you can help me reach my goal in the last 2.5 days of the campaign, or at least share it on social media to get me some more exposure. Either way I'd be most grateful.

04d314f5ceb5694830487ec1d337e2ca_original.jpg

Feel this is worth a bump. I listened a few weeks back at my sister's recommendation and listened to it again with a friend on a roadtrip. Absolutely enthralling story that was every bit as good, if not better upon a second listen. Almost every person involved is a tragic and sympathetic character.

With regard to "The Cousins" vs Tyler

Does anyone else feel it was just a classic misunderstanding where both parties had Mary Grace's best interests at heart but neither were good at conveying it to the other? I legitimately feel like Tyler loved John as the father figure he never had and wanted to "do right by him" by taking care of his ailing mother after John's death. The cousins were too far removed from the actual situation and didn't understand the nuances to the story. They just saw a backwoods redneck with a record who was a little too close to their wealthy relative for comfort and wanted to protect her best interests.

Back