No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

Solid rebuttal. Very insightful. Totally doesn't reek of you being full of shit and frustrated that you're being challenged on your erroneous basic bitch complaints, or anything...

...umm...

try using your eyeballs?

edit: since this is a new page and heretic's busy pretending this wasn't rehashed already (making this time #3 he's claiming this bullshit)

By all means though, give me your "big" list of complaints, that has a little more meat to it than "That one Micah mission though!"

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/152055823/ - here, you attempted this same argument in a different thread. i pasted what i said in this one.

well, i'm officially sick of playing the "game" just because i stupidly dropped $60 on it. so i'm out.

i think it's a turd with $1B of polish. the mechanics are bad, the controls are convoluted at best and absolutely infuriating (why is L2 aim and R2 shoot... except when R2 is aim. and still shoot. wtf? why does L1 only bring up the weapon wheel when it feels like it, and other times you're just inexplicably SOL?) at worst (and worst happens kind of a lot). the sandbox element is odd. it's big, but generally pointless.

the missions are the worst and where the "game" becomes not really a game at all. they're basically impossible to fail. you can play as terrible as possible and still checkpoint through them. there's no skill/play factor. there's also generally no choice and they're basically on rails. it's just a gigantic movie that tries to make you believe you're playing a game. it's as if they made this specifically for the worst/laziest/most casual players that exist.

and that's not getting into the bugs/questionable AI/bounty/etc

rockstar clearly pumped a ton of $/resources into the graphics and putting easter eggs everywhere. i just wish they put 1/100th of those resources into making it an actual game.

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/146118037/

cons:

controls/settings could be better (same with every other rockstar game, iirc, but rdr2's controls are convoluted, to say the least)
gameplay is still kind of slow/clunky (same with every other rockstar game...) - movement/action seems to have some sort of extraordinary response time, unlike other fps/tps that are faster/more responsive
button prompts

pros:

everything else.

9/10, so far

edit: sick of the way bounties are handed out like candy/there seems to be no point in evading and the game doesn't seem nearly as deep/big as i expected. additionally, the checkpoint system is retarded and i guess expects us all to be a bunch of big babies (intentionally played like a jackass and still incrementally passed a major mission - playing poorly shouldn't be rewarded)

downgraded to a 7.5. pretty disappointed. should have stuck to my 'never pre-order a game' principle.

edit 2:

6/10.

game is kind of bad. inexcusable problems/bugs/etc galore. just did a mission where inexplicably i was using the worst guns i have and i had no option to change them (L1 did nothing). so i reloaded the previous save and the same thing happened... so i ran to my horse to switch the guns to what i actually use and went back... and... SAME THING. the shittiest guns i have and ones i haven't used since day 1. wtf. so i played through it and dropped guns were fucking levitating. turned it off...

wow.

edit: for added irony, i had even already highlighted parts of the requote in pink after heretic made the same stupid claim - 6 months ago:

again - https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/152055823/

this is at least the 3rd time in 3 different threads that you're white knighting rdr2.

Last edited:
...umm...

try using your eyeballs?

My eyeballs that already saw your vague, basic bitch complaints in the other thread, that you attempted to dismiss because I was only 15 hours or so into it? Well, I've now beaten the game, and nothing has changed.

The only criticism I'd give some merit to, are some of the convoluted controls. The item management is an undeniable mess. That's about it though. All the rest of your garbage about it "not being a game", because "it's like linear and easy n' stuff, and that one Micah mission..." are still completely without merit, especially considering you liked RDR1, to which there is very little difference in the campaign mission structure.

movement/action seems to have some sort of extraordinary response time, unlike other fps/tps that are faster/more responsive
button prompts

@rob mafia compares open world sandbox with an emphasis on immersive realism, to twitchy shooters with an emphasis on arcade action...

And he expects me to take him seriously. LOL. You're like the guy complaining that "Fallout 3" didn't play like COD.

Last edited:
this backpedaling is unreal.

you began the argument (this time) by claiming i'm lying about not needing to actually play through it. YOU then proved this very point by mentioning there's a prompt to outright skip checkpoints - which was even worse than my own claim.

then you backpedaled into claiming this is my only criticism - when i mentioned more than this. yesterday. let alone, the previous threads. that you did the same thing in - claimed there was no substance. when ~7 different substantial criticisms were bolded and colored pink, you ran from that one, too.

now you're backpedaling to some bullshit about realism? like, are you implying it's not supposed to be a game because sandbox "immersive realism?" and lolz @ realism. yeah, rdr2 is so realistic! what?

hey, remember when people carried like 20 guns, and infinite animal skins on their horses? and when guns levitated? remember when you fucked up at work, but then you just checkpointed home? remember when you hunted bigfoot, the legendary sasquatch, by following his glowing trail? so real! and you have the bigfoot shoes in your manpurse that give you +2 feet in vertical jump! realism!

@HereticBD

Last edited:
this backpedaling is unreal.

More fantasies...

you began the argument (this time) by claiming i'm lying about not needing to actually play through it. YOU then proved this very point by mentioning there's a prompt to outright skip checkpoints - which was even worse than my own claim.

No, your argument was dishonest in suggesting you don't have to do anything to complete missions(as if the game just automatically moves you forward), is a whole lot different than complaining that they had an option built in there for players who didn't want to get stuck on a mission, and just wanted to experience the story. A world of difference, in fact.

The fact that you didn't even know that mechanic exists, speaks volumes of how much you actually played the game.

then you backpedaled into claiming this is my only criticism - when i mentioned more than this. yesterday. let alone, the previous threads. that you did the same thing in - claimed there was no substance. when ~7 different substantial criticisms were bolded and colored pink, you ran from that one, too.

And your...*chuckle*..."substantial" complaints do you no favors.

now you're backpedaling to some bullshit about realism? like, are you implying it's not supposed to be a game because sandbox "immersive realism?" and lolz @ realism. yeah, rdr2 is so realistic! what?

Again with the hysterical bullshit. No, it's not supposed to be an arcade shooter like COD or GOW. It's attempting to make you feel the realistic immersion of the mechanics to do such a thing, like all of the animations, and not literally swapping weapons in a split second with the press of a button, or rocket jumping all over the stage. Of course it's not entirely realistic, but the intent is clear. That intent is not to have you in an arena arcade twitch shooter, like you're comparing it to. Much like the intent of COD isn't focused on making you feel the day to day life of a soldier.

Again though, all of your "gameplay" complaints are rendered moot, since you claim to have loved RDR1, which is a last gen version of the same fucking thing. You're just full of shit, and are looking for reasons to complain because this is the schtick you've settled into.

Again though, all of your "gameplay" complaints are rendered moot, since you claim to have loved RDR1, which is a last gen version of the same fucking thing. You're just full of shit, and are looking for reasons to complain because this is the schtick you've settled into.

remember when rdr1 held your hand and carried you forward through missions? remember when rdr1 had an option to skip ahead? remember when rdr1 had the L2 aim except not? when the weapon wheel didn't load? etc and etc?

it's weird how my criticisms levied at rdr2 don't actually apply to rdr1, isn't it? it's as if rdr1 was a better game, or something...

realistic immersion of the mechanics
<Dany07>

Another solid rebuttal...

...what is there to rebut? you have nothing. not only did i call it out from the past (lolz!) and did you already evade this from the past (lolwut), but your own arguments disprove your own simultaneous arguments. hence, backpedaling. hence, not just moving goalposts... but removing them. hence, pretending a shitty game is realistic because parts of it are tedious.

you don't have anything to rebut.

...what is there to rebut? you have nothing. not only did i call it out from the past (lolz!) and did you already evade this from the past (lolwut), but your own arguments disprove your own simultaneous arguments. hence, backpedaling. hence, not just moving goalposts... but removing them. hence, pretending a shitty game is realistic because parts of it are tedious.

you don't have anything to rebut.

Literally nobody agrees with you. This is you convincing yourself that you haven't been thoroughly embarrassed in here.

Better luck next time, champ. I await the next great game you call an unplayable mess, because of some superfluous nonsense nobody cares about but you.

dat backpedaling. see? you have nothing to rebut and are attempting to make this about popularity... lolz.

and embarrassing? you're rabidly white knighting a video game to this degree. on sherdog.

<[analyzed}>

edit:

for the lulz

Lots of folks in his thread not playing RDR2 correctly.

The game is an absolute masterpiece in every way, that sheds last gen tropes.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rdr1-vs-rdr2.3959745/

Last edited:
Damn this thread got hit with the dumb stick. I'll stick to playing online and let yall squabble over the finer details of single player

Damn this thread got hit with the dumb stick. I'll stick to playing online and let yall squabble over the finer details of single player

to be fair, i quit before online was even patched in. so i can't comment on that.

@rob mafia if you found the game too easy couldn't you just try to get gold on all the missions to challenge dem skills?

@rob mafia if you found the game too easy couldn't you just try to get gold on all the missions to challenge dem skills?

Br00TCn.gif

...so i should play a game i don't like and didn't enjoy just to get pixel trophies for a supposed "challenge?"

Doing the trader role is a real pain with the camp bug. Can never set up camp, and when I *am* able to, it will usually disappear if I move too far from it. So the trading table is never active. This on top of the continuous disconnects, it makes me wonder what's the point. It's been a year, and they still have pretty major bugs going on.

Doing the trader role is a real pain with the camp bug. Can never set up camp, and when I *am* able to, it will usually disappear if I move too far from it. So the trading table is never active. This on top of the continuous disconnects, it makes me wonder what's the point. It's been a year, and they still have pretty major bugs going on.
i just started online the other day and wondered why i couldn't set up a camp, thanks

couldn't melee attack some cunt who ambushed me either, don't know what that's all about. the amount of shots i landed on him, he may have been in god mode too
<Prem974>

Anyone still playing this? Beat it a while ago, but I play it everyday just to relax, go fishing, and explore the map....the game is so beautiful.

Back