Spoilers Official Lords of the Fallen 2023 Disc [PS/PC/Xbox]

Anyone pick up the Deluxe Edition?

I forgot we get armor tincts too to finish any metallic garb for gold, silver, or bronze alongside XP, MP, HP consumables to soften first steps in the coming hellscape. Not bad for only 10€ more – and the obvious flagship takeaway of Dark Crusader abilities + drip. Bigger pubs charge base game + 30€ for the same.

Edition's OST and 3D artbook could be neat too but some of that stuff is throwaway padding or then single-use at best.

I pre ordered the deluxe. Seems like a good value the extra $10.

For anyone curious, Ziostorm has a good overview of the systems and mechanics in the game without spoiling much:

I forgot we get armor tincts too to finish any metallic garb for gold, silver, or bronze alongside XP, MP, HP consumables to soften first steps in the coming hellscape. Not bad for only 10€ more – and the obvious flagship takeaway of Dark Crusader abilities + drip. Bigger pubs charge base game + 30€ for the same.

Edition's OST and 3D artbook could be neat too but some of that stuff is throwaway padding or then single-use at best.
I did mainly for the starting class. Definitely going to be beginning with dark crusader. Oddly enough the other thing I look forward to is the character model viewer. This game has awesome art direction and being able to view them up close is something I’ve enjoyed in games like RE

Yeah I got it for the Dark Crusader but now i may start with the blackfeather ranger. I'm hoping the bow is a good option in this game.

Yeah I got it for the Dark Crusader but now i may start with the blackfeather ranger. I'm hoping the bow is a good option in this game.
He caught my eye too; reminds me of Bloodborne garb. I’m feeling sword and board in this though, TBH – playstyle, not ugly starter class aesthetic. I think pyromancy and magic are going to hit like Gaethje in this, so I want that rush of either element splashing against my shield while I’m crit’, dug in and barely holding on.

Been watching a lot of the early streaming impressions and it looks pretty cool. Seems like most are having fun.

The combat does look quite floaty and some of the people playing confirm that. I was gonna pick the infantry to start as it seems Dex/Agi focused with a spear but for some strange reason the single spear combat looks quite slow whereas if you dual wield two spears they're rapid as fuck. It goes for dual wielding anything as far as i can tell.

Slow weapons suddenly become fast as fuck weapons if you use two of them???

Been watching a lot of the early streaming impressions and it looks pretty cool. Seems like most are having fun.

The combat does look quite floaty and some of the people playing confirm that. I was gonna pick the infantry to start as it seems Dex/Agi focused with a spear but for some strange reason the single spear combat looks quite slow whereas if you dual wield two spears they're rapid as fuck. It goes for dual wielding anything as far as i can tell.

Slow weapons suddenly become fast as fuck weapons if you use two of them???
Yeah I saw a twitch chat saying the weapons have no heft and it's pretty janky. I'm worried now.

Yeah I saw a twitch chat saying the weapons have no heft and it's pretty janky. I'm worried now.
I was impressed by a lot of what I saw.

One thing I didn’t love was the audio FX of WPNs. The sword sounded more baseball bat than blade. It may have been a YT compression effect though, blunting or holllowing what might sound beefier and sharper in headphones – I don’t know.

On jank, that can have a charm but floaty sucks @ss; hope it’s not the case but hard to judge unless I’m in control of char and feeling it.

I watched Fightin' Cowboy on Friday and was initially concerned but after watching a few others and hearing impressions all of them are positive across the board. This one from Fex is a good 12 min summary and he addresses some of the concerns.

I watched Fightin' Cowboy on Friday and was initially concerned but after watching a few others and hearing impressions all of them are positive across the board. This one from Fex is a good 12 min summary and he addresses some of the concerns.

Appreciate it. This completely restored earlier faith that this will kick serious butt.

Watch this, d. ^ @deadshot138

The trophies are insane. 1 Platinum, 0 Gold, 7 Silver, 55 Bronze. Achieve all endings, acquire all items, collect all weapons, and defeat all bosses just to name a few. Probably looking at a minimum of 70 hours.

<6>
Tldr he says the game should have cooked another month and had at least a closed beta

The trophies are insane. 1 Platinum, 0 Gold, 7 Silver, 55 Bronze. Achieve all endings, acquire all items, collect all weapons, and defeat all bosses just to name a few. Probably looking at a minimum of 70 hours.
I actually hate when games do trophy distribution like this. I’m a long-time Wolfenstein fan, for example, and titles in the series have similarly frugal trophies that are disproportionate to the required achievement. Beat permadeath mode – sans heal. Enjoy your bronze. Trash.

<DisgustingHHH>

<6>
Tldr he says the game should have cooked another month and had at least a closed beta

Watching now but from your comment, my immediate thought is this only means waiting for the first big patch to be pushed; they’ll be on that quick as the game's success right now means a lot to both developer and pub.

Range is confirmed IMO going to be very helpful in this. Choose class wisely. Looking at you Blackfeather Ranger. @mb23100

Watching now but from your comment, my immediate thought is this only means waiting for the first big patch to be pushed; they’ll be on that quick as the game's success right now means a lot to both developer and pub.
I'm still gonna get it, hope some of the issues in that video are ironed out though

Range is confirmed IMO going to be very helpful in this. Choose class wisely. Looking at you Blackfeather Ranger. @mb23100
Made a quick visual for the fam. This dude must be Eileen's kin; am feeling this pretty hard but shield is a guaranteed drop and swap for some sort dagger or scimitar, IMO – slasher mode, engaged:
BFRVal.png

<6>

Is it just me or did he not really complain about that much?

All I got from that was too many enemies and some speculation that it may not run well on weaker PC hardware. None of these are really an issue to me as I play on PS5 and also don't mind swarms of enemies.

His criticisms didn't really justify a month delay but we'll see. This month is stacked anyway. I might not even start it until I finish Spiderman 2.

Back