***Official 2016-17 NBA Playoffs Thread v2 Someone took a dump in the Garden***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you consider any of these players to be > LeBum? If not, then what's yo point my dude
b/c he's still talked about as a perennial MVP candidate, yet.....he shoots way worse from FT than literally all other MVP candidates even Westbrook and it rarely gets mentioned
this season:
Bron 67.4
Brook 84.5
Kawhi 88
Harden 84.7
IT 90.9
Curry 89.8

Do you see a trend there, and the one GLARING outlier

I was actually astonished Steven A brought it up today

I'm not saying Lebron is less than a GOAT candidate b/c of this, i'm merely asking 'Why is he the only GOAT wing player that can't shoot FTs?"

Lol who even cares?

And I'd be extremely surprised if he finishes top 3 in MVP voting. I don't really consider anyone outside the top 3 a legit MVP candidate

oh no doubt, i'm more directing this at the sports talking heads on TV, not you guys

he hasn't lost a title due to literal poor FT shooting so you're right it really doesn't matter anyway. I just think it's weird is all.

Just as i did Bruce Bowen being great at corner 3s and shitty as fuck at FTs. I'll never understand that

1273888238040.gif

You know who lost a title due to missing some FT's?

0544576001458221928_filepicker.jpg

I don't get the correlation between being a good shooter and a good FT shooter, they're completely different, shooting FT's is the only time in basketball you shoot the ball with your feet planted.

Who was it a few years back that started jumping when shooting FT's? lmfao

I don't get the correlation between being a good shooter and a good FT shooter, they're completely different, shooting FT's is the only time in basketball you shoot the ball with your feet planted.

Who was it a few years back that started jumping when shooting FT's? lmfao
b/c you're a NBA professional basketball player and nobody is guarding you...

furthermore the FT line is the same distance from like late elementary school on, unlike the 3pt line which extends rather dramatically as you progress

b/c you're a NBA professional basketball player and nobody is guarding you...

furthermore the FT line is the same distance from like late elementary school on, unlike the 3pt line which extends rather dramatically as you progress

Not what I"m talking about, I"m talking about the correlation from shooting jumpers to FT's, they're completely different.

For me, it's easy to see why a guy could have success shooting mid range and 3 point shots, and struggling to shoot the ball with his feet planted.

i'll put it this way Ang, and it's the easiest pt to prove this argument:

what historically great shooters were poor FT shooters?
none, unless you count the very niche bowen on corner 3s. he was nowhere near as good at any other 3s and his FT shooting was abysmal so really he couldn't shoot

how many any all time great wing players (or even current great) have a worse career FT percentage?

Bron: 74
Kobe: 83.7
Jordan: 83.5
Bird: 88.6
Durant: 88.2
notoriously poor FT shooter Wade: 76.8
Dirk, arguably a wing as THE stretch 4: 87.9
Kawhi: 84.7
Dominique Wilkins: 81.1
Drexler: 78.8
Paul Pierce: 80.6
Harden: 85.4

well shit i found one: Scottie Pippen (known more for D obviously, but still) 70.4
And TMac was only marginally better at 74.4

numbers dont lie

How many were better rebounders, defenders, passers and scorers in general?

they actually asked a good question last night on the TNT show: who do yall think is playing the 'best' right now in the yoffs?

i know shaq said the Bulls and Barkley said the Bucks, can't remember what kenny said

Warriors, then the Cavs, then the Bucks, then the Bulls.

The Cavs/Warriors still beat the Bucks/Bulls the way they've been playing.

Not what I"m talking about, I"m talking about the correlation from shooting jumpers to FT's, they're completely different.

For me, it's easy to see why a guy could have success shooting mid range and 3 point shots, and struggling to shoot the ball with his feet planted.
i guess, but barring some Olajuwon or Dwayne Dedmon picking up later in life type of player....they've been shooting set shots for FTs their entire lives

most HS teams in the country literally end practice w/ FT shooting drills implementing sprints for misses

It's probably because you're thinking about shooting at the line compared to during play when it's more of a reaction.

i guess, but barring some Olajuwon or Dwayne Dedmon picking up later in life type of player....they've been shooting set shots for FTs their entire lives

most HS teams in the country literally end practice w/ FT shooting drills implementing sprints for misses

It's probably because you're thinking about shooting at the line compared to during play when it's more of a reaction.

I've been waiting 5 years for someone to explain this shit

lakersft.jpg

meeks was awesome on the lakes pre injury

he's almost out the league at this pt, a shame. dude was monster in college

even though he played no D, was known for passing/not picking up his dribble more than anything...

i think some forget just how good of a shooter Nash was. On less attempts obviously he's the only player that really matches well w/ Curry

He was just shy of a CAREER 50/40/90 ffs: 49/42.8/90.4
to use Faust's go to, he led the league twice in TS as a PG ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duelbits
Back