Off the grid living out in middle of nowhere

I'm looking into purchasing a small cabin with roughly 50 acres of land and it's totally secluded and out in the middle of nowhere. It's wind and solar so I'll have no bill other than maintaining and probably purchasing new solar technology down the line.

Now with internet. Is satellite internet my only option? I've heard it sucks balls and expensive as hell.

I thought google was supposed to fly small drones or some shit over rural areas.

Video games will probably be out of the question right? My kid might have to learn to cut wood and get in touch with his roots and practice landscaping for fun.

It's 2017 Sherbros. Are you telling me I can't have secluded living AND the latest Internet speeds?

Do you have a white van?

BRB looking up definition for "off the grid" ...

I don't know I missed the last episode he was on a different show too where he was in Arizona that old farm was really ran down.

There was something about his dad was sick and he had to go back to Arizona. That farm was pretty run down but at least he had some buildings. From their bios on History channel it looks like Jason and Morgan Beasley make their living from television shows.

Net worth of Mountain Men
Tom Oar $250,000
Eustace Conway $2 million
Rich Lewis $300,000
Kyle Bell $3 million

BRB looking up definition for "off the grid" ...

bruy1.jpg

I'd like to have a stationary bike/battery setup where peddling the bike would generate electricity stored in the battery safely where there's ordinary outlets to tap into the electricity.

A big problem would be lack of running water and sewer system.

I'd like to have a stationary bike/battery setup where peddling the bike would generate electricity stored in the battery safely where there's ordinary outlets to tap into the electricity.

A big problem would be lack of running water and sewer system.

i saw something where 1 hour on the bike powers a house for 24 hours

Also, look for some mushrooms that are blue with polka dots. If you cook them in a stew, you can extract wifi from them as well.

You just have to be resourceful...

Back