ODLH going Savage mode

well, ya, i guess so, but don't you think it's different and might you not have sympathy if some girl lied to a guy and he screwed her when she was 15 when she said she was 20 or something? it happens and it's nothing like the dynamic of waiting in some bushes to beat the next woman senseless and assault her spirit. I don't know what happened with oscar, he probably knew what he was doing though, he did it in mexico so there were issues making it hard to prosecute but I don't think he ever went out of his way to deny it. Anyway, what some women are beginning to call "assault" and "harrassment" is a good way to make sure they find themselves old and alone.

oh i absolutely get it, i wasn't trying to counter you in any way, it's just that when i read it my brain immediately went "well if this guy ever gets harassed by the media, they're gonna have a field day with this single sentence".

oh i absolutely get it, i wasn't trying to counter you in any way, it's just that when i read it my brain immediately went "well if this guy ever gets harassed by the media, they're gonna have a field day with this single sentence".
ya, i knew a guy who was sentenced for rape a couple years ago, i'd have never guessed it, just didn't seem the type so when i was told he was getting sent to prison for rape my first statement was "it wasn't violent was it" because i just couldn't see it, turns out it was. I was inclined to think he'd messed around with some young girl which i could see him doing, never could see him being violent but he was. really dissapointing, you have to ask yourself sometimes if you really know anyone.

I'm a fan of ODH and I also think he's a bit underrated skill wise but that can be due to him losing his biggest fights.
What do you think Oscar's biggest wins are?

Best Wins:
1. Pernell - 33 yrs old
2. Camacho - 35 yrs old
3. Chavez - 36
4. Ike Quartey
5. Gatti or Vargas

Losses:
Tito
Shane 2x
BHop
Floyd - ODH 34 yrs old
Pac - ODH 35 yrs old

@Dr. Will
@mozfonky
@Seano

Last edited:
I'm a fan of ODH and I also think he's a bit underrated skill wise but that can be due to him losing his biggest fights.

Best Wins:
1. Pernell - 33 yrs old
2. Camacho - 35 yrs old
3. Chavez - 36
4. Ike Quartey
5. Gatti or Vargas

Losses:
Tito
Shane 2x
BHop
Floyd - ODH 34 yrs old
Pac - ODH 35 yrs old

Chavez was 34 when they first fought and Chavez was looking fine in the fights going up to that one. Oscar would be a tough fight for Chavez on any night and I'm a big Chavez fan.

I think you look at his whole roster, then you see some good wins. Unfortunately, for him, he had some close losses that affected his legacy. The Tito fight was close and could have gone either way, though letting off during those last couple rounds was a bad idea. And the Mosley losses were really close. In fact, the second loss shouldn't even be a loss. Floyd was a fight he made close despite being inactive. In the Bhop loss he got smoked by a bigger guy and against Pac he was drained down and also rarely fighting by then.

We also should remember that all of his losses came against guys that were pretty much at their absolute peak. They were just in the best form. It's really hard to beat a guy that is riding a wave of success and confidence and is a legit p4p great fighter. They weren't a bit past it, and they weren't too green. These guys were p4p killers and Oscar didn't delay those fights from happening. He went right at them, so I've got respect for that. Too many "champs" today wait around until they see the dangerous fighters slip, like May did to Pac, or Canelo did to GGG, and a slew of others, too, but when a fighter like Oscar was daring to be great, I appreciate it.

This is not excusing his losses, just elaborating on them. I think he was a great fighter that had a really good career, but not the best for sure.

he started off promising, he had some technical flaws, which is not a fatal thing for a great fighter but they can make achieving greatness a real challenge. He was a converted southpaw and his right side was basically useless, great left of course, like most converts but lame right hand. great chin, good speed, very well taught, knew a little of everything (which still makes me laugh at freddie roach's assertion that he didn't know how to cut off a ring, oscar was cutting off a ring in one of the first fights I saw of him) the first half of his career was very promising, he was beating everyone, he was hungry then he just seemed to lose focus, lose desire or maybe it was the flaw of character that I always thought he had, he never did win a really big fight. so, on a talent level, he could have been great, i wouldn't call him a great fighter though. One thing i give him credit for, he fought everyone he could, he didn't do like most fighters and make excuses, his problems came in the ring, like him flopping around against hopkins or letting fights get away from him that he shouuld have won. He really should have won the trinidad fight, the second mosely fight but he just didn't have the desire. It's funny because in the first part of his career he would brawl just to prove he was hungry, but money changes most fighters.

Best Wins:
1. Pernell - 33 yrs old
2. Camacho - 35 yrs old
3. Chavez - 36
4. Ike Quartey
5. Gatti or Vargas

Losses:
Tito
Shane 2x
BHop
Floyd - ODH 34 yrs old
Pac - ODH 35 yrs old

@Dr. Will
@mozfonky
@Seano
Gernaro Hernandez was a pretty good win too.

DLH, one of the best I've seen...

his fight with Ike Bazooka Quartey is one of the best fights of the last century.

i don't think history going to be too kind to him, he lost too many big fights, just that simple. Maybe if he'd won one or two of them big but no, i don't think he's going to be seen as an ATG, I really don't. He'll be seen as a commercial phenomenon though, someone who got women interested in boxing.

You read right, Oscar’s dad is a big douche, people near him have told me things, very controlling of Oscar, sleeps around with women half his age, and has a big gambling problem, many suspect its his son’s money he gambles.

a rich mexican man sleeping with women half his age?

completely the norm here in mexico and MarcA will tell you the same.

DLH, one of the best I've seen...

his fight with Ike Bazooka Quartey is one of the best fights of the last century.
if he'd fought like that with the mosely and trinidad, i don't think we could argue. he could have done it, he just ran out of desire I think, hard to stay hungry when you're rich and coked up.

a rich mexican man sleeping with women half his age?

completely the norm here in mexico and MarcA will tell you the same.
Cant really knock on him for that I guess, but youd think hed be more reserved after losing his wife to cancer

if he'd fought like that with the mosely and trinidad, i don't think we could argue. he could have done it, he just ran out of desire I think, hard to stay hungry when you're rich and coked up.

and fu*king hot as hell women.

but yea, like Mickey said in Rocky III.

"YOU GOT CIVILIZED!!"

He beat Trinidad and Mosley (in the rematch, when Mosley was on roids). Both were highway robberies. Check them out, they were great fights, particularly Mosley 2!

and fu*king hot as hell women.

but yea, like Mickey said in Rocky III.

"YOU GOT CIVILIZED!!"
ya, that too, women are a major one with fighters. Personally, i never saw anything wrong with Cus or other trainers telling fighters women were bad for fighters. They just are but people called cus a latent homosexual and a pervert because of that. even when you saw what happened with tyson and others. Problem is, there are some wonderful, good women, but these jackasses don't know how to pick them and even if they did, it's still a lot of energy to maintain a relationship. I've seen pussy ruin more men than anything else. that sounds misogynistic but it's not, look how many concessions men have to make once they meet a woman, have a kid, need money to support the family, need to answer to a boss, tnen he's basically a slave.

He beat Trinidad and Mosley (in the rematch, when Mosley was on roids). Both were highway robberies. Check them out, they were great fights, particularly Mosley 2!
you're right but i don't think they were out and out robberies, that's why the great fighters close the show at least some of the time, ray didn't let tommy squeak by for a decision in the first fight, robinson was on his way to losing theturpin rematch and he pulled it out, those are the things a great fighter has to do. Oscar did it once with quartey, I don't think that's enough.

Back